Detolfs back in stock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish we had an Ikea nearby. I bought one of these on ebay a while back, but that seller appears to have stopped selling them. They're so heavy, I doubt many people would want to mess with selling them. And, breakable.

Last edited:
Does 18 inch figures fit in them???

Not on one shelf. But guys have doubled up the glass in the middle to display them like this:

attachment.php

2qajr06.gif

Or you could keep smaller figures on the top 2 shelves and just remove the one lower glass shelf to stick an 18' figure on the wooden base:

DSC04282.jpg

Sorry I didn't credit all those pics. I used google images to find them. So I don't know who's that is. :peace

Seriously... The Detolf is completely gone in EU.
Is it because of an immense demand for this cabinet? What's going on really?
Anyone else in EU waiting for Ikea to keep up?

Last edited:
All I know is that I bought an extra one last time I was there. Didn't want to take the chance that when I wanted to expand they wouldn't have them anymore.

Whoa! Next Tuesday, my local Ikea (the biggest Ikea in Northern Europe) should be getting 16 Detolfs in stock. I'l be camping them on Tuesday. And I'll be whining here, if it doesn't hold...

Went to go get one yesterday but they were wrapped up on the shelf & the guy said they can't take them down till Saturday. A 2 hour trip all for nothin!

I forgot how much I hated putting these together! I picked up 2 more recently and they were a bear to get the side glass panels in. I cracked the rear wood ledge on both of them sliding the sides into the grooves. I swear the older ones I have weren't as bad as these new ones!

It's really handy to have a second person around to help stabilize those panels at certain points.

These things are heavy. You need two people to move them.

Question for all you that have a Detolf - how do you keep the dust out? Do you put something over the open areas around the doors? I can't seem to keep dust out of them and it's really collecting a lot.

Seriously... The Detolf is completely gone in EU.
Is it because of an immense demand for this cabinet? What's going on really?
Anyone else in EU waiting for Ikea to keep up?

Loads in my local store in the UK, They can't seem to get rid if them, I'm sure I'm the only one that buys them there:rotfl

Back