Detolfs back in stock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolf soon to be in stock again!

I've been to my Ikea (Gent, Belgium) to pick two up. They'll come in stock until at least 2015.

So what the heck is going on with their website? I was using it to check if San Diego had gotten them in stock. One moment they're displayed as instock on the website, then they were listed at $149.99, now they're gone completely.

So what the heck is going on with their website? I was using it to check if San Diego had gotten them in stock. One moment they're displayed as instock on the website, then they were listed at $149.99, now they're gone completely.

I picked up two a san diego on Sunday and they had 5 left when I was leaving. They were in stock even though not on the website. You have to call them to check stock since you can't use the site. Here is the e-mail I got from Ikea on Tuesday (I had sent them the question the week before I think)

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are always happy to share information about our products.

Although you cannot locate the Detolf series via our web site, IKEA San Diego is carrying the Detolf series at this time. We have experienced a long term supply issue in the past with this article, but it is currently available at IKEA SanDiego.

As always, we encourage you to call us prior to travelling to IKEA SanDiego to ensure that the item will be available and in stock at the time you may visit our store.

We do apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your inquiry.

Best Regards,
JOSEPH
IKEA Customer Care Center

edit: I paid the regular price $60-something I think.

Last edited:

Just bought 3 from the ikea here in CT. Now all I need are 5 more and I am set.

Picked up the last 3 at the West Chester Ohio Ikea. After talking with the associate, and him called around, he said it is not discontinued. They should be getting about 16 more mid Oct.

Beech are still out of stock, but I got two black ones at the College Park, Maryland store on Friday. Two is all I have room for and I didn't want to take the chance of them disappearing again. There were probably at least 15 remaining when I grabbed mine up. Now I can look forward to carrying them up my very steep stairs a piece at a time and figuring out what I'm going to put in them!

Every time I try to search for "Detolf" on IKEA's site I get nothing no products to show up. How are you guys checking local stock availability online?

This is really annoying...
I cant even find the detolf on the website...and when I Google it, it only comes up in Canadian locations and its US$79.99. What the heck is that?

I picked up two a san diego on Sunday and they had 5 left when I was leaving. They were in stock even though not on the website. You have to call them to check stock since you can't use the site. Here is the e-mail I got from Ikea on Tuesday (I had sent them the question the week before I think)

Don't call them. You'll be on hold for an hour only to be hung up on. They have the black/brown colored Detolf in stock only. I just purchased one about an hour ago. They have half a pallet left.

Not sure why it's no longer on the website, but when I called the Ikea closest to me (Elizabeth, NJ) they said they have the black/brown ones in stock but that the beech versions wouldn't be in stock till mid-October.

Which is a bummer, because all the Detolfs I already have are beech. And I'm desperately in need of about four new ones. Guess I'll be waiting another month.

:gah:

Not sure why it's no longer on the website, but when I called the Ikea closest to me (Elizabeth, NJ) they said they have the black/brown ones in stock but that the beech versions wouldn't be in stock till mid-October.

Which is a bummer, because all the Detolfs I already have are beech. And I'm desperately in need of about four new ones. Guess I'll be waiting another month.

Yep, I use the same Ikea and the beech as well, son of a beech! :gah:

I was at the New Haven, CT store today and picked up two in brown-black. They did not have any other colors. Were about 13 when I left. They said that at that store they sell about 9 a week and they expect to get one more shipment of 15 and then they'll be gone for good. Wether that is true or not I can't say, but I spent about 10 minutes talking to a VERY helpful guy who was quoting me sales numbers (weekly and daily sales, stock numbers, and delivery schedule). He stated that after the next delivery there were no plans for them to re-stock it.

Like I said, don't take my word for it, but if you can grab them I'd go grab them.

Since the Detolf listing disappeared off the Ikea website a couple of weeks ago, I don't think there is a way to check availability online. I took a chance on the Maryland store because when I was there three or so weeks ago one of the display units had a tag on it saying they would be back in stock soon and then some of the people on this thread started reporting finding them again. I had to go to the store and use the in-store computer catalog to confirm the black one was actually in stock.

Also, I did see when using the in-store computer that it mentioned something about receiving the birch ones in late September. Maybe one last run? I have no idea.

I was at the CT store today and bought one I need at least five more, but I can't swing it right now. I hope you're not right Avatarbecause it will take me awhile to get them.

How much do these detolf's cost? I ask because I want to know how much I might be spending for I go calling my local Ikea.

In CT they cost $64.99.

Yea system at IKEA showed they are now $64.99 across the US. Apparently there are only 2 warehouses in the US that distribute these everywhere. One is in Maryland and the other is in California. If you're close to these places you have the best chance of seeing stock. They are heavy though. I couldn't believe how heavy they were.

Bummer. :(

Glad I went with Black. :eek:

Back