DETOLF OWNERS - Is there a NEED for Simple Adjustable Shelf Brackets?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do First Class shipping with tracking and it's under $3 for up to 8oz. If it costs $6-8 to produce how much are you thinking of selling them for? It's looking like a bare minimum of $15 shipped (with First Class) per set, some savings on multiple sets, Priority necessary after 1lb.

But the fact you're looking at requiring pre-payment for 250 sets looks like a deal-breaker to me. Unless you know a dozen other places you can also possibly take pre-orders. This is looking like a super niche product that doesn't have the necessary weight in terms of necessity or desire to meet even a small quantity run.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, which is why I was trying to offer a more attractive solution that uses less material - I'm just being realistic.

The price would be $6-$8 per set.

I don't do first class, it's slow and if you don't insure it with tracking Paypal will take your money back if the customer says he didn't get his package.

Once you add insurance and delivery confirmation to First Class it will only be a dollar or two less then Priority which comes with free tracking and free insurance up to $50

You also have to quote each persons package because if you charge a flat shipping fee, people dis you when they see their package only cost $2.12 to ship instead of the $3 they paid.

Plus you can not use Paypal's shipping tool to ship items first class, which means I would have to go to the PO to ship these and that would end up costing me too much time, which is very important to me.

You're not raining on my parade, I'm not the one that needs these, nor do I try to make any money off of projects like this. I do this as a service for other collectors.

I recently started doing active projects at the RPF again and those involve far more complicated items that cost a lot more to manufacture.
from last years project:

That scope is made from 5 different parts not counting the glass I sourced for the UK.

This project is so simple compared to the type I normally run it's almost not worth doing but as the title said, if there is a need for this item I would be willing to make it happen.

I'm going to save you some money down the line.

I don't do first class, it's slow

First class is the exact same speed as Priority for small packages. I ship a few thousand packages a year, trust me. It doesn't matter where in the continental 48 they're going either.

and if you don't insure it with tracking Paypal will take your money back if the customer says he didn't get his package. Once you add insurance and delivery confirmation to First Class it will only be a dollar or two less then Priority which comes with free tracking and free insurance up to $50

First class includes tracking if you send as a Package instead of Flat. Same tracking that's included with Priority.

Do your postage online and it won't show the value on the package. First class is also exactly the same price regardless of the destination within the US. Priority has a few rate zones.

Anyway, the take-away is that it looks like we're the only ones participating here, so I'm very sceptical that this could possibly be worth your effort unless you needed the parts for yourself.

This probably will be a bust due to lack of exposure.

I copied a announcement of this thread to 4 other popular forums and had a one person join the group in less then 60 seconds which is 30 less then it took for a mod to delete those threads.

As I said, this isn't a money maker for me and I don't need them so if it doesn't workout it's no big deal.

I ship a lot too and I use PayPal's shipping tool exclusively because it saves me time, which is the most important thing I have.

I can receive a payment click the link, hit 2 buttons and print a label in less then minute and then request pick up. I don't have to weigh anything, nor do I have to type in any of the buyers info.

If I had the time I could list at least 10 reasons not to use 1st class but I'm pressed for time so I'll just reiterate a couple.

With first class you can not use the Paypal shipping tool.

You also have to package and weigh each item, and if your off by a few grams the PO will send the package back to you. They also have stupid rules on width variation and in the case of metal parts, most have to be sent Parcel Post because the thickness varies to much to qualify for 1st class.

If you use an online shipping service such as the USPS web site to pay for and print the shipping label, it is a very time consuming process.

Sometimes taking 3-10 minutes per package, and that's only if the web site accepts the address your given by the buyer, which is wrong about 20% of the time.

That may not sound like a lot but times that by 100 packages and I'm wasting a lot of my off time to do some strangers a favor.

If you disregard all of that, most metal parts cost $4 - $5 to ship Parcel Post with insurance. That is only $0.50 - $1.50 less then Priority Small Box Flat Rate.

So it is silly to put up with all the hassle to save a stranger a $1.50 on shipping.

Oh I forgot, Priority Mail supplies are free, bubble envelopes cost $0.35 each, once again, more cost you have to pass on to the buyer.

I would love to chat about this but I have to go to work.

IMO, you're overpaying and wasting a lot of time with PayPal's marginal shipping tool, but I didn't want to go off topic about shipping, so we'll leave it.

You shouldn't expect to start off-topic threads in inappropriate forums and not have them moved, locked or deleted. You've mentioned this a number of times, but you haven't mentioned the specific forums.

Back