Detolf and other shelving systems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarlacc said:
P1010300.JPG

Detolf rules!:lol

amazing collection, but I wouldn't trust those detolf cases.
Anyway, I would never put them behind glass either, that's for fishes, not statues.

Aren't you worried one might collapse one day ?

ecthelion said:
no. ikea took them out of their collection. don't know why, but I mailed their customerservice and they said they no longer sell it. :emperor

That sucks A$$!! I was gonna buy like 3 of 'em!

Anyone here have one? If you do, would you be kind enought as to take measurements of all the dimensions? I'm going to try to have some custom made.

Sarlacc said:
P1010300.JPG

Detolf rules!:lol

Holy *bleep*, and I was worried about overloading my detolfs with 12" figs!

Vince said:
Anyway, I would never put them behind glass either, that's for fishes, not statues.

Sooner or later you'll break something while dusting them, then you'll know why we swear by detolf :p

Last edited:
Vince said:
amazing collection, but I wouldn't trust those detolf cases.

Aren't you worried one might collapse one day ?

No problem... These Detolf are ok for 6 kg (kilogramms) and the most I have on them is 5...
I have these since three years and never had a bad surprise. Don't worry. These Detolf are really great!

Boba Fett said:
Nice collection, Sarlacc!

ARGH! Skogen's for only $29??! Did you know if there were more available when you bought them?
I got the last one, unfortunately I think the guy above is right and they are discontinuing them. They just better not do that to the Detolf for a while or I will have to make a trip and pick up about 15 more of them. I really like them and you can beat the price.

Doomhammer said:
Sooner or later you'll break something while dusting them, then you'll know why we swear by detolf :p

Seems like a very weird statement.
Even if they are in a Detolf they gather some dust ...

So if you dust the ones inside your Detolf they can't break because they are magically shielded by a Detolf?

Vince said:
So if you dust the ones inside your Detolf they can't break because they are magically shielded by a Detolf?

Well I forgot to mention I got the super-exclusive-antistatic-micro-particle-rejecting-potato-peeling upgrade for my detolfs.

I reckon it's clear as day that a piece in a detolf needn't be dusted more than twice a year whilst one in the clear open attracts dust like a magnet and will look like that grey hulk exclusive in little over a month. Thus the risk of breakage is a lot smaller. Hey, I'm clumsy, so I need to protect my toys against their owner.

you know, the coolestthing about these things (besides the price) is that they don't fill up your room too much. It's just a transparent glass cube in which your collectibles seem to float.

Doomhammer said:
Well I forgot to mention I got the super-exclusive-antistatic-micro-particle-rejecting-potato-peeling upgrade for my detolfs.

haha, great.
Then maybe I might be convinced to buy one.
Dusting sucks ...

Roughly about 15 x 15 x 15. That's not an exact measurement, though.

And I assume you meant by each "square" space?

Yeah basically the height between shelves. For example if you have a 12" figure, standing on a shelf, he has 3" clearance so he doesn't bump his head on the bottom of the next shelf.

I need a little help. I'm gonna need more shelves as my collection grows, and the Detolfs look really nice, plus they are pretty reasonably priced. Only thing is the weight capacity on the shelves, and the fact that I want to put PF's on them. It says the shelves can handle about 13 pounds, and I noticed on the product description that quite a few PF's are 13 pounds and under, so I'm thinking that it would be alright. So would Detolf's be a decent choice for PF's as long as they are within 13 pounds, or are there other options as far as displaying PF's go. The Detolf's are so reasonably priced and compact that they would fit in really good for me because my place isn't too big. Thanks for the help guys.

This is a older pic of my Detolfs, I have since added a Custom Cabinet for my larger Statues, but I will be getting more Detolfs, The IKEA store is just 10min away

Back