Detolf Alternative?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juan2.0

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any other stores that sell good looking display cases other than Ikea's Detolf and besides building one myself?

Those look really nice, but I was hoping for something with glass doors to help keep the dust off my 1/6th figures.

For the past few months I've been trying to get a display case of my own. I'm not a big fan of the detolfs due to the lack of adjustable shelves and the fact that they don't really protect figures from dust.

I'm going to finally get an IKEA Besta Cabinet in two or three weeks with glass doors to display my collection. I like the fact that the cabinet shelves are completely adjustable and even plan on replacing the normal shelves with glass ones.

Hope that helps

Those look really nice, but I was hoping for something with glass doors to help keep the dust off my 1/6th figures.

I have my 3A collection in 4 detolfs and I dont have a problem with dust in them. They have been displayed in there over almost 2 years and I havent had to dust inside once.

maybe my place isnt that dusty haha

For the past few months I've been trying to get a display case of my own. I'm not a big fan of the detolfs due to the lack of adjustable shelves and the fact that they don't really protect figures from dust.

I'm going to finally get an IKEA Besta Cabinet in two or three weeks with glass doors to display my collection. I like the fact that the cabinet shelves are completely adjustable and even plan on replacing the normal shelves with glass ones.

Hope that helps

The Bestas, for me, were the best for display needs for both statues and 1/6 and they look beautiful. If you want to see what it looks like, check mine out in my video in my sig.

Ikea's Gravebek, see them in my collection. I really enjoy them. They're the same price as Detolfs and you can hide all the wires for dioder lighting. If you want that all glass case, then Detolfs it is.

I have two Detolf's in the corner of my hobby room but the majority of my figures are in three curio cabinets. I'll try to find the name of them and the exact model but they were super expensive. I think I paid $1,000 to $1,500 for each one but they make my collection look spectacular. Especially with the glass shelves and mirrors in back. I can post what each of the shelves looks like and has on it if you want to see it.

If you're collecting more than just 1/6th scale then definitely BESTA is the best I think. IKEA's billy bookcase with glass doors works as well for hot toys.

Found the exact model of my curio cabinets. They are the Thomasville Nocturne Bunching Mirrored Curios. FYI.

Hey does anybody know where I can buy like little stringed lights to use for displaying? I have like a cabinet case that I want to use to put my stuff in for now until I get a glass made one.

If you're collecting more than just 1/6th scale then definitely BESTA is the best I think. IKEA's billy bookcase with glass doors works as well for hot toys.

About how many shelves can you fit into the Billy? Since the middle shelf is locked in place I would think that it minimizes your display space.

I'm looking to display 1/6th scale figures exclusively, and the Besta appears to be ideal because of the fact that all of the shelves can me moved. Any opinions on which is better? The Besta or the Billy?

That was the first place I checked when I saw the detolfs weren't on Ikea's site anymore. No luck though.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll look into more options. :)

detolfs are back in stock now though. I was at ikea yesterday and I picked up 3.. they had atleast 150 at my location

I might have to stop by there and check them out when I'm in Chicago in a couple of weeks.

Check out from Ikea one called Klingsbo......It's a five shelf tall cabinet.

Back