Decisions, decisions, decisions... PF or PC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Immolator

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi guys!

So, im about to put a LOT money on something i want...

But, im torn beteween two things...

One id love to have and another one i need to have.

I am a fan of Batman since i was 3 years old, and i grew up with the animated series and movies.

He has always been my favorie hero of them all.

I am now a collector, so i want something of the Bat in my collection.

Sideshow released what i belive is the exact same Batman i saw when i was a kid

The Modern Age PF Batman.

Its limited to 2000 units.

I love it. Tho i never saw it myself, it looks great!

BUT. I am a gamer too, hardcore one.

And my PC is... close to obsolete... I need a new one to play all the games i have. Currently i only play new games on my brothers PC... And thats only when he is not home...

I can purchase a new one, but that means that the PF will have to wait half a year if i want to have it.

So guys... what do you think? What would you do?

Thanks a lot in advance! Sorry for the long explanation, CHEERS!

Get the modern age batman boss. I have it and it is one of my favorite pieces. Plus it is iconic. Plus it was one of the skins in the games. Even my wife said it is amazing. You won't be disappointed. Just my opinion.

Computer. Modern Age Batman is a nice piece, but there's always another Batman down the line.

Well... I am not from the U.S.

Here in Argentina, everything is... A LOT more expensive.

Only with two months of salary i caan buy one of them...

If i was from Europe or U.S. it would be both right away!

Get the modern age batman boss. I have it and it is one of my favorite pieces. Plus it is iconic. Plus it was one of the skins in the games. Even my wife said it is amazing. You won't be disappointed. Just my opinion.
12307360_136318623400959_300348692990609312_o.jpg

Save your money. If you have to choose like this, then you probably shouldn't be buying then. Then go for the PC later on. This hobby is expensive.

Go with the computer. This statue will probably be around for awhile. And if not, you could always probably get it on the aftermarket for around retail, sometimes less, sometimes more. I can live without a statue. It would be very difficult to live without a computer. To me a computer is a necessary utility, like a fridge, stove, or air condition. Statues a frivolous and not necessary. You said it yourself, one you need and one you want. Heck for the price of the statue you could probably add that to the cost of whatever you were planning to pay for a graphics card and end up getting the best card on the market. Plus you'll actually get use out of the computer whereas the statue you'll just look at. Or you could use the money from the statue and buy into VR.

Computer. No question. If you build your own computer you'll save hundreds or thousands of dollars. Alternatively, if you want both the statue and computer, upgrade the components in your current PC.

Just buy a cheap laptop and the statue.. buy a ps4 or Xbox one if you want to play games. Pc gaming isn't worth the time or the money needed to stay current with the latest and greatest graphics cards. As soon as your 1k pc is shipped the graphics card is already outdated... you have to upgrade every year to stay current and buy the best cards which cost more then most computers

Last edited:
Just buy a cheap laptop and the statue.. buy a ps4 or Xbox one if you want to play games. Pc gaming isn't worth the time or the money needed to stay current with the latest and greatest graphics cards. As soon as your 1k pc is shipped the graphics card is already outdated... you have to upgrade every year to stay current and buy the best cards which cost more then most computers

No need to stay "current" at his budget levels. Even a couple year old gaming PC will blow a console away and can be had much cheaper. Plus you don't have to pay for the privilege of multiplayer on console.

No need to stay "current" at his budget levels. Even a couple year old gaming PC will blow a console away and can be had much cheaper. Plus you don't have to pay for the privilege of multiplayer on console.
The free games every month more than pays for the $45 a year I spend on a live membership. Multiplayer is basucally just icing.

So you can get a 2 year old PC that will blow away a ps4 or xbox1 and be cheaper? I doubt that very much.

So you can get a 2 year old PC that will blow away a ps4 or xbox1 and be cheaper? I doubt that very much.

Not sure about cheaper but superior in every other way IMO :) I have the modern age batman and it's great but if you're so unsure, I'd go with the PC. There will always be other Batman statues and maybe this one if you really want it down the line

Yeah I would get a computer before buying any statue.... All you can do with a statue is look at it.... You'll have more fun with a new computer...

Computers have become a necessity to life, and not to say anything negative about Batman but I don't see any of the major companies not doing 100 different Batman's over the next few years (no one saw Prime 1 coming..)

Well.... considering neither is really a need, and both are wants. It comes down to this, at least for me:
- Do I want to continue to use my brothers computer, only when he's not here, to play the games I want?
- Do I want to look at a statue?

**shrugs** Seems an easy decision to me, go with the computer. :)

Back