Decent Vampire&Werewolf Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't understand why Sideshow doesn't give us decent vampire and werewolf figures? Is it why the amount of fans are not enough or just waiting for the right time? I am not talking about Universal Monsters by the way! If they get the license of An Interview with the Vampire, who could resist not to purchase these figures? Or An American Werewolf in London? Bram Stoker's Dracula? How about Fright Night then? Or Paul Schrader's masterpiece Cat People? Let's not forget Howling:)
Common Sideshow people, let's hear my (our) voice:)

:goodpost::exactly:

Yes, I agree. I personally have been waiting forever to get my hands on a decent werewolf figure/statue. Through all of my research that I have done, I have found none that was of the quality and look I was going for.

SS please, consider making a nice (1/6 or 1/4) werewolf statue. Similar to 'An American werewolf in London' or 'Underworld', etc. but, definitely doesn't have to be licensed for me to be interested in purchasing but, I can't deny that it would be nice to have something visually accurate to a famous movie of course.

If you do decide to listen I make these figures/statues, I would buy them in an instant and maybe some vampire stuff as well, as I'm sure a lot of other horror/monster fans would too. You now that they (wolves/vamps) would obviously display well together. So let's get the ball rolling on these! Please! :pray::pray::pray:

I don't understand why Sideshow doesn't give us decent vampire and werewolf figures? Is it why the amount of fans are not enough or just waiting for the right time? I am not talking about Universal Monsters by the way! If they get the license of An Interview with the Vampire, who could resist not to purchase these figures? Or An American Werewolf in London? Bram Stoker's Dracula? How about Fright Night then? Or Paul Schrader's masterpiece Cat People? Let's not forget Howling:)
Common Sideshow people, let's hear my (our) voice:)

:goodpost::exactly:

Yes, I agree. I personally have been waiting forever to get my hands on a decent werewolf figure/statue. Through all of my research that I have done, I have found none that was of the quality and look I was going for.

SS please, consider making a nice (1/6 or 1/4) werewolf statue. Similar to 'An American werewolf in London' or 'Underworld', etc. but, definitely doesn't have to be licensed for me to be interested in purchasing but, I can't deny that it would be nice to have something visually accurate to a famous movie of course.

If you do decide to listen I make these figures/statues, I would buy them in an instant and maybe some vampire stuff as well, as I'm sure a lot of other horror/monster fans would too. You now that they (wolves/vamps) would obviously display well together. So let's get the ball rolling on these! Please! :pray::pray::pray:

We already got them a looooooooooong time ago. And honestly, they still hold their own against the modern releases. :wink1:

I agree like an Underworld / Dog soldier type werewolf & a Bram Stroker / Marvel type Dracula. Definitely original so to avoid licensing costs.

We already got them a looooooooooong time ago. And honestly, they still hold their own against the modern releases. :wink1:

I'm fairly new to collecting monster statues/figures. So I'm unaware of what you're referring too. Could you please give a lil' more info about the collectables that you're speaking of? :dunno

Last edited:
he may be referring to Sideshow's line of Universal Monster figures. They were/are very nice, accurate representations of those characters. But, from what I've read people are wanting something different.

Sideshow also did a line of Buffy the Vampire Slayer figures that were very nice.

I'd love to see 1/6th figures based on Marvel's Monsters from the 70s or Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein.

or even new designs that would avoid licensing costs, but without the tie-in to a movie, book or TV show would the figure be popular enough to sell in volume?

but without the tie-in to a movie, book or TV show would the figure be popular enough to sell in volume?

This were my thoughts exactly. I think redoing the old monster line with improved designs and a lower ES would sell, regardless of licensing. It might be harder to to sell but, with a lower ES then most, I think it'll a possibility.

I haven't checked the secondary market for what the old monster line is going for now days but, I would assume it would cost a pretty penny. That being said, I would welcome a new monster line from SS with open arms (and also an open wallet,lol).:wink1:

if you need a quick fix sota made some pretty decent werewolves with the dog soliders figure in brown and grey

793566f.jpg

stan winston also came out with line of figures "blood wolves"

1301306712-23247-0.jpg

of course these are 1/6 scale so maybe not what youre looking for, but who knows.

on the vampire front i can only think of mcfarlanes bram stokers line

dracula.jpg

and the dracula from his monsters line

cache_500_1_1_img_109887_10ed201ac3fababcb3d706fe816a9c4cjpg.img

Thanks for the info Wavestuff. The Sota werewolf figures look pretty decent. Do you (or anybody) have any experience with the quality of Sota figures? I have only one statue from them and the paint, sculpt and overall quality is pretty awesome. I wonder if their figures are of the same quality as their statues?

Anyways, I collect mostly statues. So I was kinda leaning more towards some decent 1/5 or 1/4 werewolf statues but, I'll check out these Sota figures for now.

people had their hopes high with the sota figures because the prototypes looked really cool, im fine with what i got on the figs, again im not super picky but I consider its a great figure for a great price and its pretty call. they are figures/sculpts because they dont have much articulation. i hope that helps.

-ws

he may be referring to Sideshow's line of Universal Monster figures. They were/are very nice, accurate representations of those characters.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

They still hold up great to all the newer stuff that's coming out and most can still be had for fairly cheap. If you like monster figures, especially Universal's classic horror, they're definitely worth getting into.

Back