Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just it. SSC didn't need to make a poll. They were on an incredible streak with their DC PFs. It was all classic, all the time. Every single DC PF had a classic vibe to them. All they had to do was continue on the same path. That's why there's so much frustration with this piece. It's the 1st DC PF that deviated so drastically from the others. Hopefully, it's the last. At least until they complete a classic run on the characters first. After that, I don't care what they do.

Yup, that's why I previously said this:

... I don't recall this design being from an actual comic, but I may be wrong. I heard that DC is not as open as Marvel when it comes to new "interpretations" for toys and statues unless it is from a line dubbed as such so maybe this could have been from an actual storyline. Either way, not the best suit for me.

I don't mind the modern armor. Hell, I prefer it to pirate boots Slade any day. What makes this PF a giant pass for me is the stupid decision to go modern with the suit and classic with the mask! WTF!? If this were completely classic you guys would love it. If it were completely modern, I would love it. This way nobody gets what he wants^^
If they'll reveal a modern switch out head I would be in, but like this I am out.

Since SSC has given us nothing but classic version DC PFs, this should have continued the same theme.

So much love for DS haha

I'm a HUGE DS fan. I was ready to commit day one when this went up for PO. I desperately WANT to give SSC my money for a DS PF. The fact that I'm passing on this is unreal to me. That's how bad I think the art direction and this PF turned out. I'm passing on a PF of one of my very favorite DC villains.

Maybe the XM DS japanesse version might turn out more interesting than this one then.

Maybe the XM DS japanesse version might turn out more interesting than this one then.

It certainly can't be any worse than this PF. My biggest issue is that I want a classic DS. I have a tactical looking DS covered with my Prime 1 Arkham Origins DS. I NEED a 1/4 classic Perez DS for my collection. It's my favorite version of the character.

If a statue company would make a homage piece to this Mike Zeck cover in 1/4 scale, I'm sure it will sell well. It's as iconic as OG Deathstroke can be IMO.

Let's see, Option 1 is just like the cover. Swappable arms for Options 2 and 3 and maybe option 4 (katana hand, gun hand, staff hand for combo with an arm with clenched fist).

Dstroke01.jpg

If a statue company would make a homage piece to this Mike Zeck cover in 1/4 scale, I'm sure it will sell well. It's as iconic as OG Deathstroke can be IMO.

Let's see, Option 1 is just like the cover. Swappable arms for Options 2 and 3 and maybe option 4 (katana hand, gun hand, staff hand for combo with an arm with clenched fist).

Dstroke01.jpg

This would have worked perfectly. This is a classic DS! Love Zeck's art, his Punisher is one of my all time faves. However, I do prefer Perez's art more for DS. He always drew a more athletic looking Slade. Zeck drew him like a Mack truck. This cover pose would still be great. I'd just like it if he was a little smaller (more athletic looking) size wise.

Was looking forward to this but I'm not excited at all after seeing the reveal. Can't quite put my finger on what it is. It just looks so plain. The design looks like something I would have thought was cool in my early teen years.

Unfortunately, a pass for me. :dunno

the price is very surprising. Prime One is a much better value, even though you are paying $400 more, lol.

Dstroke01.jpg

there is a rare but very cool custom made a number of years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_5060Large.jpg
    IMG_5060Large.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 142
Cool looking statue. :dunno
I like it a lot, especially the combination of his old school mask and a modern-like suit.
Far better than anything DC ever did witht he character past Perez's classic.

I'd gladly get this one but can't keep up with these prices. :monkey2

Back