Media Death Stranding: a Kojima Productions game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm open-minded to whatever new projects Kojima has in store, and I'm very happy that he's finally broken away from MGS. Hopefully, he's learned from his experience with V, and realizes his own limitations, and what he and his staff are able to accomplish (I'm guessing with a much smaller budget this time).

One thing we've learned from MGS V, is that Kojima made use of artsy trailers that weren't part of the actual game (e.g. the "Africa" scene with corpses of the dead kids). So, I'm sure this game will look much different from the trailer when it's finally released in 2020 :lol.

One thing we've learned from MGS V, is that Kojima made use of artsy trailers that weren't part of the actual game (e.g. the "Africa" scene with corpses of the dead kids). So, I'm sure this game will look much different from the trailer when it's finally released in 2020 :lol.
I was ready to talk **** about Konami, like how is Kojima dropping a game so soon? Maybe Konami is to blame after all...

But then I realized, oh wait, this thing is probably not even in development yet, it could take another 5 years, so zzzzzip it :lol

This. This right here is why I f'ing hate this crap he's pulling with his recent stuff. He's not really showing an actual game, he's showing cryptic metaphors that will barely have any relevance about the game and tries to hype you up with "oh mayne, muh artsy feels, you feel it too donchu?".

MGSV showed me how Kojima could royally eff up a game when he's on a power trip, so I'm just hoping that the boot from Konami helped him learn a thing or two from pulling this kind of crap again. I wish MGR was the last Metal Gear game (thank you Platinum Games), because MGSV really put me off from the franchise like no other.

I was ready to talk **** about Konami, like how is Kojima dropping a game so soon? Maybe Konami is to blame after all...

But then I realized, oh wait, this thing is probably not even in development yet, it could take another 5 years, so zzzzzip it :lol

From what I recall in the news, Kojima is still visiting various design firms to give him ideas on a game engine. So, is this thing even in development? Most likely not :lol.

This. This right here is why I f'ing hate this crap he's pulling with his recent stuff. He's not really showing an actual game, he's showing cryptic metaphors that will barely have any relevance about the game and tries to hype you up with "oh mayne, muh artsy feels, you feel it too donchu?".

MGSV showed me how Kojima could royally eff up a game when he's on a power trip, so I'm just hoping that the boot from Konami helped him learn a thing or two from pulling this kind of crap again. I wish MGR was the last Metal Gear game (thank you Platinum Games), because MGSV really put me off from the franchise like no other.

Yeah, it's not even worth serious discussion, because it's just a concept video. If anything, Kojima has a knack for hyping his fanbase into a frenzy over nothing. I remember a few months ago, Ryan turned me on to his Twitter page, where he was talking about evolving into "h o m o ludens". Then his Twitter followers started replying, "We are h o m o ludens", without any context of what that even means.

He was really marketing MGS V as his "magna opus" of the series - we can say now, that it clearly wasn't. Overall, I think he needs to get over himself, and realize that the video game industry isn't waiting for him to revolutionize the medium. I think if he can learn from his past mistakes and not release an incomplete game, or mislead fans into thinking that the story has a greater meaning that it actually does, I'd be happy. Hopefully, he'll be able to make something good out of this new game, without the added burden of being attached a series that he's wanted to leave for the longest time (MGS).

Upon watching the trailer, a friend of mine just said "Did Kojima get Norman Reedus pregnant???" :lol

Upon watching the trailer, a friend of mine just said "Did Kojima get Norman Reedus pregnant???" :lol

XCAOX5o.gif

If that's true then Mrs. Kojima won't be too happy :monkey3

also have to agree with Ronri on the trailers and MGS V.

Nice to see Mr Kojima learning some english at last! The trailer looks rather mysterious, but then again all his teasers are. I'll have my eyes on this, for sure.

I'm open-minded to whatever new projects Kojima has in store, and I'm very happy that he's finally broken away from MGS. Hopefully, he's learned from his experience with V, and realizes his own limitations, and what he and his staff are able to accomplish (I'm guessing with a much smaller budget this time).

You can count so many times through MGS of stuff in trailers never showing up in the main game. Just look at the first trailer for Snake Eater. This artsy fartsy trailer is too cryptic to really have an opinion on.

'

I really wonder about that. I think Konami has been extremely lenient toward him with development cycles. Just about every game had almost a 3-5 year development cycle. Part of me thinks Sony wants things out quicker.

I truly think he doesn't want to be in the gaming industry, and wants in on Hollywood like Hayter mentioned. I can't wait for the #****yousony posts if this ends up being a bomb.

From what I recall in the news, Kojima is still visiting various design firms to give him ideas on a game engine. So, is this thing even in development? Most likely not :lol.

Yeah, it's not even worth serious discussion, because it's just a concept video. If anything, Kojima has a knack for hyping his fanbase into a frenzy over nothing. I remember a few months ago, Ryan turned me on to his Twitter page, where he was talking about evolving into "h o m o ludens". Then his Twitter followers started replying, "We are h o m o ludens", without any context of what that even means.

He was really marketing MGS V as his "magna opus" of the series - we can say now, that it clearly wasn't. Overall, I think he needs to get over himself, and realize that the video game industry isn't waiting for him to revolutionize the medium. I think if he can learn from his past mistakes and not release an incomplete game, or mislead fans into thinking that the story has a greater meaning that it actually does, I'd be happy. Hopefully, he'll be able to make something good out of this new game, without the added burden of being attached a series that he's wanted to leave for the longest time (MGS).

Wait, you mean it wasn't the perfect game I read about on metacritic? :lol Amazing how many arguments I've had with people on social media about why they feel how they feel about the game being the second coming, and they can't go any further in detail than it was made by Kojima.

Reedus Fetus Snake :lecture

Like MGSV before it came out, I'm hoping for the best with this. But honestly I'm already jaded toward it solely on the fact it's Reedus. I liked him initially on TWD, I'm just utterly sick of him.

Ugh... it starts. Like previously mentioned, this isn't the game at all and was built just to shake things up on preexisting hardware at Sony.

Norman Reedus is starring, but Guillermo del Toro is not involved.
They have not settled on a game engine.
While Kojima would not specify a game genre, he did say there would be a lot of “action.” It will not be a straightforward action game however: “It’s something completely different from what they’re used to,” Kojima said.
The game sounds kind far off, release-wise.
It is not connected to P.T.
The Kojima Productions logo has nothing to do with the game.

In other words, this game isn't even in development, why was the video even shown at E3?

Nice to see Mr Kojima learning some english at last! The trailer looks rather mysterious, but then again all his teasers are. I'll have my eyes on this, for sure.
Right? :lol First thing I noticed!

He showed the trailer for the fangirls :lecture

Back