Death Star Window "Emperor's throne room"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my early attempt, just foam core at this stage but I plan to get more detail later with some of the side window, it's planned around the detolf approx 16"x15", looking for more solid material. I have vector illustrator files if these can be used
I really like this concept. Simple and it's not huge, because space is what I don't have. :)

man this is going to be EPIC!!! :rock

can't wait to see this with the emperor in his throne having Luke on one side and Vader on the other!

great work LOPIE!!!

I took your advice and tried to use a router but it jumped to much. the bit is too strong for the particle board. So back to the dremel. :thud:

Damn,that sucks it didn't work in your favor.

I personally can't hold a dremmel for long periods of time.It just kills my wrist.Maybe if for that particular application(& the amount of dremmeling time involved),the router base attachment they make for them would be benifitial.

Looks as if you are getting good results from it though.Keep up the good work.

Next I'm going to dremel out the windows, and make the outer panels. Wish me luck I don't screw it up.
Lopie, can you post the radiuses or circumferences of the inner and outer circles? How did you come up with them. Thanks and you are doing a killer job!

Lopie, can you post the radiuses or circumferences of the inner and outer circles? How did you come up with them. Thanks and you are doing a killer job!

Here are the measurements. As for how I got them I just made them up. I have limited space and I thought the measurements looked good. All measurements are done in CM. The orange is 2cm and the green is 60cm.

106_0219-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the measurements. As for how I got them I just made them up. I have limited space and I thought the measurements looked good. All measurements are done in CM. The orange is 2cm and the green is 60cm.

106_0219-1.jpg

Thanks. It does look right. I figured you scaled it some how. I would like to make this using ABS, but I haven't found anything that big and I don't want to cut a hundered parts and glue them together. Laser cut acrylic would be killer.;) Masonite looks like it will work, just worried about the edges.

Effing awesome Jason! I want one man if you make these available, I don't normally peruse the custom section but this is EPIC.

Jason,

Its been like a day, are you done yet? :lol Im kidding bro, I cant wait to see the finished window.

All this talk at CV about a giant window!!!

Lopie.... (in Padme whimper) ...ur breaking my heart.....

LOL. She is ugly when she cries. I'll finish it, just for you Bam :hi5: The window would look cool but I know a some point I'll want to do more to it. After I'm done with 2 more small projects I have to finish for a few friends on the forum I can give this my full attention.
0.jpg

Last edited:
LOL. She is ugly when she cries. I'll finish it, just for you Bam :hi5: The window would look cool but I know a some point I'll want to do more to it. After I'm done with 2 more small projects I have to finish for a few friends on the forum I can give this my full attention.
0.jpg

lol...yeah....that whole scene is ugly and silly IMO.

And ok.....I look forward to it!!!!:yess:

Back