Death of wolverine ?!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Wolverine and i could care less if they kill him. They just killed Damian Wayne in DC. Death is a joke in comics(except in the ultimate universe). Thor died, and was back in time for dinner. The Hawks died to start Blackest Night, and were alive by the end of it. Death carries no weight as long as it is an open door. It's like in the God of War games. Every game Kratos dies, goes to hades, and climbs back out. Why should I care if even death holds no sway for a character?

Barry Allen, Bucky Barnes, Jason Todd and Uncle Ben

All returned.

It's a waste of time to even get concerned over Wolverine. Whatever they do will be undone before DoFP hits theaters.

Wait, when did Uncle Ben return? I remember an alternate universe Ben returning in a couple of issues of Friendly Neighbourhood Spiderman a few years back, but as far as I'm aware 616 Uncle ben's never returned.

So I take it he'll be back in summer of 2015 as a teenverine with no memory of how he ended up in the Canadian wilderness, but will still have an adamantium skeleton, or maybe vibranium, an even better healing factor, scruffy teenage hipster sideburns, and probably even stronger and more powerful than ever before.

I wonder how they'll explain it when he is reanimated/revived? Will it be something new, or one of the existing 15 billion ways comic characters have been brought back to life in the past? I'm personally a big fan of the "reborn as a baby who ages incredibly quickly" method used with Storm, Spock, and Magneto (though I don't think Magneto actually died).

I feel like Marvel is much better at explaining how characters are brought back to life. To me, from what I've read, DC just kind of says "there back, Lazarus pit, get over it"

Wolverine already got toasted by Storm in X-Men Forever.
But everybody hates that series, so it's OK.

Spiderman was the worst for this.
How many times have people died and then, wait....no, it's only a clone.

I'm not a fan of killing characters off.
Usually, people want to do this because the stories are stale (as someone previously mentioned - Punisher in the 80s).

What you need is someone to "unleash the beast" and totally rip up the rulebook.
They should put the graphic back into graphic novels.

Clone is a strong possibility, as they did that with the biggest guns in the past (Spidey and Superman). Also, last second time travel a la Captain America or Batman (I think?) could be a good option. A Marvel equivalent of the Lazarus pit is always on the table, as is going to another dimension where others only think they are dead, like in the Fall of the Mutants. A pseudo-magician could also re-animate him, as happened with Douglas Ramsey. Maybe the Phoenix will resurrect him, which would be an easy explanation considering their history.

I'm so excited to see which way they go with this!

Wolverine already got toasted by Storm in X-Men Forever.
But everybody hates that series, so it's OK.

Spiderman was the worst for this.
How many times have people died and then, wait....no, it's only a clone.

I'm not a fan of killing characters off.
Usually, people want to do this because the stories are stale (as someone previously mentioned - Punisher in the 80s).

What you need is someone to "unleash the beast" and totally rip up the rulebook.
They should put the graphic back into graphic novels.

Man, I would love that. Wish everything didn't have to hit that 12-17 year old demographic...

Old Man Logan was in a sense ripping up the rulebook...

Yeah, but it was an "What If?" type story. There are no real consequences there, so you can do whatever you want to. "The Last Avengers Story" was another one of those.

This finally hit the news. So stupid killing this guy. Not a fan of the move to be honest when they put their big guns on the sidelines for a bit.

Last edited:
Back