Dean Cain as Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you enjoy Dean Cains portrayal of Superman?

• Yes

Votes: 97 59.9%
  • No

Votes: 65 40.1%

• Total voters
He put his best foot forward and did his best with the material given to him in the series...

Was he good?...yes

Was he great?...Depends on who you ask...

After all, as "Fanboyish" as it sounds...he did have alot to live up to after Chris Reeve...But personally, i think he did great...

I think that's a great post. The material given to him was a bit iffy, but he worked with what he had and I think he did a great job.

Coincidentally my mother has been re-watching the show.

imho. I think it would be cool to see a HT Dean Cain Superman!! and a George Reeves version too!

th_avatarmagic_1870244295.gif

I know someone said it on the previous page and got called racist for it..but going out on a limb here...I always thought Dean Cain was too hispanic/ethnic looking (even though Cain is of French Canadian, Irish, Welsh, and Japanese descent) for Superman!. And I don't see anything racist about saying that. Superman was designed (right or wrong) as an all round idealistic perfect white guy. Back in the old days as the all American hero, thats obviously outdated now but thats where the character came from in the 50's. I liked Cain, but he never felt right to me.

I mean what if Taylor ____ing Lautner played Shaft? Or Blade?
:rotfl

i liked the show and enjoyed his portrayal as clark and superman. but i liked him more as clark than superman

I think it depends on how you view the Superman/Clark thing. If you think that Clark is the 'real' person and Supes is the disguise, then I think he did a great job. If Supes is the 'real' person and Clark is the disguise, then he was miscast (but still acted well with the material he had).

I always preferred the first option, so I voted yes. :D

The whole take on Superman in Lois and Clark is that Clark Kent is who he is, and Superman is what he does. Although the show was designed to appeal to female audiences it was the first time(to my recollection) That the story was about Clark; and I thought that was such a fresh take on the Superman story.

I loved the show! He was a decent, if not extraordinary Supes, a great CK, but for me, Lois stole the show!!!! I'd like a Hatcher Lois in 12"! :D

Indeed. Especially during the first season. Her "sarcastic comedy" was great!

Noticed some mentioned that you really didn't care for Cains "Kent style". What about Cains "Kent" depiction didn't you guys like? You prefer Clark to have the whole nerd/clumsy type persona Reeves had? As opposed to Cains more laid back Kent style.....

This is bittersweet. I didn't like Dean Cain as Superman and actually thought it was all a bit hokey (Moonlighting with tights), but I did appreciate that there was some form of Superman on television.

I know someone said it on the previous page and got called racist for it..but going out on a limb here...I always thought Dean Cain was too hispanic/ethnic looking (even though Cain is of French Canadian, Irish, Welsh, and Japanese descent) for Superman!. And I don't see anything racist about saying that. Superman was designed (right or wrong) as an all round idealistic perfect white guy. Back in the old days as the all American hero, thats obviously outdated now but thats where the character came from in the 50's. I liked Cain, but he never felt right to me.

I mean what if Taylor ____ing Lautner played Shaft? Or Blade?
:rotfl

I really liked this post, it made me laugh. Coincidentally Cain's portrayal of Superman always reminded me of Mario Lopez for some reason, (mostly in the first season.) For fans of the show though I have five words for you:
185px-Mxyzptlk-lois%26clark.jpg

Howie Mandel as Mister Mxyzptlk!

Back