Deadwood! Sideshow, you KNOW this would be cool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it would happen, but I'd love a talking Swearengen 12" figure. That :censored !!!

i'd LOOOOVE a Deadwood line, but as already stated, if they haven't done Sopranos...

a Six Feet Under line would be!!! weird lol

A deadwood line would be great but as others have said probably unlikely. While we're on wishful thinking, I would love for Sideshow to do figures from Carnivale.

Yes, a Deadwood line would be the best! I know I was heartbroken when I heard they've cancelled the HBO show.

If not a full blown Deadwood line, how about an HBO Presents line? A couple Deadwood characters, a couple Rome, a couple Sopranos, a Larry David and Jeff...

gdb said:
I know I was heartbroken when I heard they've cancelled the HBO show.

You did hear that they will be filming two 2-hour movies next year to wrap up the series, right? That's gotta be some consolation.

--Chris

I would LOVE a set of Deadwood figures. So many great characters from that show. I'd have to get at least these:

1. Swearengen
2. Doc Cochran
3. Wild Bill Hickock
4. Seth Bullock
5. Calamity Jane

Secondary choices:

6. Sy Tolliver
7. E.B. Farnum
8. Charlie Utter
9. Merrick

I know there are several more significant characters on the show, but those are the only ones I'd really be interested in as figures.

I had to give Al's mug a whirl in wax when I first saw the show.... McShane not only has one of the most interesting faces on television, he's also got the presence and personality to match. :)

al%20casting%201.jpg

al%20casting%202.jpg

al%20casting%203.jpg

p.s. The bust was done from Season 1, before he developed that nasty mullet. :)

Even though I've seen it before, it is still a wonder to behold that bust Andy!!! Man, that would be a great 1/4 scale figure also!!!! :lol

That bust is truly amazing Andy!!!!

Definitely one of the best likenesses you have done.

Love the bust Andy! And your tutorial on how you made it on your site! :chew

I still remember Ian McShane from the UK series 'Lovejoy' where he was "a loveable rogue and an antiques dealer with an amazing talent for spotting hidden treasures".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090477/

A bit different from Al Swearengen! :lol

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

1. Andy I love your work and you are a hell of a fella but I have to pick you up on your use of the word 'nasty' in conjunction with the word Mullet. This is obviously a spelling mistake as everybody surely knows that the Mullet can never, ever be 'nasty' it is after all the hairstyle of the gods, the ultimate coif, Business up front, party in the back. I expect a full retraction posted immediately.

:D

2. THAT AL BUST IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Please use your latent psychic powers on TPTB at SSC and will them into getting hold of the rights. Either that or just send me the bust and we'll forget about your crime against 'Le Mullet'.

abstractharmony said:
1. Andy I love your work and you are a hell of a fella but I have to pick you up on your use of the word 'nasty' in conjunction with the word Mullet. This is obviously a spelling mistake as everybody surely knows that the Mullet can never, ever be 'nasty' it is after all the hairstyle of the gods, the ultimate coif, Business up front, party in the back. I expect a full retraction posted immediately.

bren_sweet%20mullet.jpg

I'd love a "Deadwood" series of 12" figures from SSC. "Wild Bill Hickock", "Seth Bullock" and "Al Swearengen" would top my want list. The suggestion of the talking Al is genius. Don't have that much interest in any other male characters but I would like to see "Calamity Jane Canary" and a "Miss Joanie Stubbs". I like their fashion sense. But I'd get anything western themed. And I love the show.
And not that I think a "Deadwood" 12" figure series is going to happen, but I don't think it has much to do with whether or not a "Soprano's" series was made. Different sort of interest I would think on the collectors market. I think Soprano's Zippo lighters, shotglasses and CD's would be more in line for this series than action figures. On the other hand higher end collectible action figures are a pretty logical license for Deadwood I would think because of the period costumes etc. even if the program is less popular.

I would love to have Deadwood in 1/6 scale form. Andy you forgot Sol Star even as a secondary character. And I've said it before, Great sculp on that Swearengen. Can I have it.:rolleyes:

Back