Premium Format Deadpool PF (Ver. 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price tag is plain ridiculous. That's about $1000 for an exclusive shipped to Europe. Even if I could get it for $700, I would not. I won't support that pricing policy.

I mean, come on! That's almost as expensive as P1's 1/3 statues and other great pieces with smaller ES and switch-out parts.

And don't get me started on the "details". Even SSC produces statues at least as detailed for much less than that. Take Huntress, Killer Croc or Angela for instance. You're just paying a name.

Too bad we haven't all learned to band together and refuse to pay price hikes like this.
We can only blame ourselves for allowing Sideshow to get away with these kind of prices.

It's true we are not obligated to buy anything, and Sideshow can place as high as a pricetag they want on their products.
But voting with your wallet is really the best way to be heard at this point. It always has been the best way.

I suppose if we were to compile a list/petition of all the members here as well as StatueForum and other collectibles forums that refuse to buy at these prices, how long of a list that would be. I would start one myself, but I would not be very good at maintaining it.

As far as I'm concerned, I absolutely will not buy at this price, especially with questionable quality control, questionable Edition Size, and questionable paint application.

I really hope they don't go down the Iron Studio path and start using more plastics. I would hope the explosion fragments and missle are not made of plastic, and the sword made of metal. No way can you ask these kinds of prices and skimp on quality materials. I wasn't pleased to see the green goblins "scarf" or whatever you want to call is a bendable plastic material as I saw from the video. Not liking the trends I'm seeing here, I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I really hope they don't go down the Iron Studio path and start using more plastics. I would hope the explosion fragments and missle are not made of plastic, and the sword made of metal. No way can you ask these kinds of prices and skimp on quality materials. I wasn't pleased to see the green goblins "scarf" or whatever you want to call is a bendable plastic material as I saw from the video. Not liking the trends I'm seeing here, I hope I'm wrong.

Sure if it looks too much like plastic, but I have some Prime 1 pieces Optimus, Turtles... and if painted right look like metal it doesn't matter to me ... even weight is not a factor ... not going to play with it ... display it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While this is a hard $ pill to swallow, I wouldnt jump ship just yet. Lets see what a typical museum pose PF is following DP.

According to SS website it's made from Resin, PVC and Metal... so it seems the sword is metal but I bet most of the smaller parts are PVC including the explosions.

a retailer in germany wants 872 US$ for the regular ... thanks, but i'll have to pass

They are officially making me quitting , I'll not buying their expensive pf anymore

Saw this posted on FB. Reply to a complaint from Sideshow's owner.

14993347_10154485639371391_8762781349973860848_n.jpg

14956638_10154485639381391_7237306908233461034_n.jpg

If they would have posted the $700 price tag at SDCC, the fan reaction wouldn't have been as positive. I saw it in person there and thought it was cool but never would have expected them to price it at $700. I figured it'd be $550-600 just because it's Deadpool. $700 is ridiculous.

The bickering and complaining accomplishes nothing.
PF prices have consistently increased every year and they will continue to do so unless we stand our ground.

Vote with your wallets folks. It's all we can really do.

Back