Dead Space Animated Comic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just preordered from the EA store, you get the artbook free which is a $20 value. If you preorder from Gamestop or EBgames you get a crappy code to get a suit that would cost you a mere $2.69 if you buy it from the PSN store.

So I would rather get a $20 art book free, instead of a outfit in game that can be downloaded for under $3.

:banana

That's weird. I thought GS was offering a 97 page artbook as a Dead Space pre-order promotion. I guess they dropped that and went for the in-game character outfit...lame.

Last edited:
Will do! I can't wait to play it. IGN's review was promising and they have been blasting everything lately.

Yeah IGN has been pretty hard on everything as of late. But there are a few games that are coming out this month that look really promising and Dead Space is one of them. I’m hoping that the campaign is at least 15 hours long.

That's weird. I thought GS was offering a 97 page artbook as a Dead Space pre-order promotion. I guess they dropped that and went for the in-game character outfit...lame.

I think it was only for a limited amount of preorders since I'm sure they didn't have a book for everyone, that started to offer the outfit instead.

I think it was only for a limited amount of preorders since I'm sure they didn't have a book for everyone, that started to offer the outfit instead.

You're probably right. I pre-ordered Dead Space at Gamestop in-store and they were offering the art book. But this was a month ago so they might be all out.

Does anyone ever get the special pre order gift from Gamestop? I'll pre order something but then they end up forgetting to give it to anyone when the game comes out. :monkey2

Does anyone ever get the special pre order gift from Gamestop? I'll pre order something but then they end up forgetting to give it to anyone when the game comes out. :monkey2
Yeah Gamestop does that. But with this I believe you needed to provide your email to get the outfit, but they never ask for your email half the time anyways.

Yeah IGN has been pretty hard on everything as of late. But there are a few games that are coming out this month that look really promising and Dead Space is one of them. I’m hoping that the campaign is at least 15 hours long.
The developers said the campaign would be 15-20 hours long, and if you are going for all of the achievements then it definately has reply value.

I plan to start on hard because any upgrades you earn cannot be transferred to another difficulty level. But by starting on hard I can get the hard achievement and at the same time keep all my gear for a 2nd+ run-thru.

The reason they did this is because once you get a lot of upgrades and new gear, you can go through the game much faster and with more ease. So basically you could beat the game on easy (easily) and then take your upgrades and blow through the game on hard. So I can see what they did the change a difficulty and start from scratch thing.

Its hard when half of the Gamestop employes are retards and the other half are cool. Usally its the ones who are retards who are working when I pick up a game. :lol

Yeah and to top that off is the retards are usually the management. :lecture

To follow up on this, I picked up my art book at Gamestop today. It's the same one you get from ordering on EA.com.

The book is really nice. A hardcover, it's fairly thick for it's size and it includes 3D glasses.

9.0 (editors choice) from Gamespot

9.25 from Game Informer

Sleeper hit of the year right here, though I thought there was more hype. But apparently not.

BTW check your GS's tomorrow. This game was suppose to ship tomorrow (even from GS.com), but GS.com got it in today and already shipped out its copies. So good chance the retail stores might have it tomorrow. Also the official DS site has been announcing it is out in stores tomorrow, maybe EA bumped the ship date up a day :rock.

This game is a sleeper hit. There are certain games that manage to fly under the radar but end up being some of the best games that year. Dead Space will be one of those games.

As opposed to Force Unleashed which is over hyped and doesn't live up to the hype.

It looks awesome enough for me to forgive its blatant ripoff of Alien. I'll definitely have to check it out.

It doesn't just rip off Alien, but a smattering of other classic horror/sci-fi flicks, like John Carpenter's The Thing. But that's why I'm so excited! How often do we get a non-sequel sci-fi horror game that's actually good and isn't Halo or something?

Well, I remember Dino Crisis 3, in which you had to fight mutated dinosaurs in space (or something like that), but that game wasn't great.

It doesn't just rip off Alien, but a smattering of other classic horror/sci-fi flicks, like John Carpenter's The Thing. But that's why I'm so excited! How often do we get a non-sequel sci-fi horror game that's actually good and isn't Halo or something?

Well, I remember Dino Crisis 3, in which you had to fight mutated dinosaurs in space (or something like that), but that game wasn't great.

51D5MN67ZXL.jpg

:lol:lol Actually after I saw that I searched for it on Amazon and was surprised that it got some great customer reviews. I might read it myself. Can't get enough dinosaurs in space.

Anyway, the Dino Crisis 3 space dinos looked a bit different. Like this, actually:

02.jpg

Back