Dead Space 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gun is what I expected. Most of the time these little extras are just that plastic add ons. Yeah, the print being a postcard was kind of a bummer but it looks cool. I don't consider it a waste though even if I had paid retail.

Enjoy Keith! This game is awesome!

Just started. It's fantastic! :rock

The first game annoyed me due to each level being the same looking. Sure, you had the occasional garden here and there, but it was level after level of space corridor.

This one already has a much more varied feel to the atmosphere, and I for one am digging it

Any word on when the 2nd animated movie hits?

Update: never mind, its on the Net for download, though I intend to own it Cg shots look pretty bad....looks to be a 'sequel' to the first game or sidequel, as it were

Last edited:
Played another hour or so tonight. I have to say, I really like the difficulty level. It CAN be difficult - especially if you don't keep your cool while firing - but I like that about it. It's nice to have a game you can't just breeze right through.

I saved tonight at Ch5. Superior to the original in almost every way.....anyone else get a Bioshock vibe based on the level design? Best compliment I can pay this game

Finished the game. Really really great game. Loved every second of it. Last level is a bit of a pain in several spots. Going through it again on normal to knock out the achievements so that way I'm not thinking about that when I go through on the hardest setting. You only get 3 saves the entire game and no check points. If you die you start over at your last save.

I saved tonight at Ch5. Superior to the original in almost every way.....anyone else get a Bioshock vibe based on the level design? Best compliment I can pay this game

Very much a Bioshock vibe. At least what I've seen from the first three chapters. I keep waiting to hear a gatherer's garden commercial coming from a vending machine. :lol

This game is so good! I also noticed you find a lot more power nodes.

Finished the game. Really really great game. Loved every second of it. Last level is a bit of a pain in several spots. Going through it again on normal to knock out the achievements so that way I'm not thinking about that when I go through on the hardest setting. You only get 3 saves the entire game and no check points. If you die you start over at your last save.

I finished too. Very good game - I don't think I'll be doing hard core - that whole 3 saves only thing would kill me. :lol

Finishing this did make me want to play one again - so I'm doing that now (and realizing how much a better game 2 is) and then I'll play 2 once more.

Seriously though I'm stuck again. I'm at the part where you and Ellena get to the transport but something is blocking the track. I made it through the storage area and killed all the stalkers but its the freakin guardian at the end that does it to me. I freeze him with stasis and try to run and get the explosive canister but his little things he shoots keep killing me.:mad: Seriously everyone this game is all about taking your time.

Very much a Bioshock vibe. At least what I've seen from the first three chapters. I keep waiting to hear a gatherer's garden commercial coming from a vending machine. :lol

This game is so good! I also noticed you find a lot more power nodes.

I try to look around really carefully. Ch 1 found 5, but in Ch 2 found 2 and Ch 3 I think one or two more.........havent upgraded quite as fast based on the experience with the first chapter

I love the movie posters for some cheesey horror film - doesnt seem like the cheesey movies change that much in the next couple hundred years

Watched half of Aftermath before getting tired last night. Cg is weak, but the tradional animation parts look nice.

Last edited:
I finished too. Very good game - I don't think I'll be doing hard core - that whole 3 saves only thing would kill me. :lol

Finishing this did make me want to play one again - so I'm doing that now (and realizing how much a better game 2 is) and then I'll play 2 once more.

Hard core is gonna be such a pain in the ass. Thats for sure. :lol

Yeah, started back up last night right after. I'm in chapter 5 again. This game is great.

Hard core is gonna be such a pain in the ass. Thats for sure. :lol

Yeah, started back up last night right after. I'm in chapter 5 again. This game is great.

Did they do the 3 saves only thing in the first game too?

Seriously, I'm not even gonna try it. :lol I'll do level right below the hardest but that's it. When I've played insane levels before - the one thing that probably made me able to finish it was being able to save...a lot. 3 saves is just NUTS!

I don't recall if they did or not to be honest. I still need to go back and play it again on the hardest. :lol

Three saves does seem like a bit of over kill especially when a game is broken over 2 discs. :lol

I don't recall if they did or not to be honest. I still need to go back and play it again on the hardest. :lol

Three saves does seem like a bit of over kill especially when a game is broken over 2 discs. :lol

I see that being BEYOND frustrating. Can you imagine trying to get as far as you can without saving - so you can keep your saves - and then dying and having to start at the very beginning again. I think their version of hardcore/insane (whatever it's called) would only lead to one thing - a broken controller. :lol

Oh yeah! There was a couple moments at the end of the game on normal that irritated me a bit. :lol On hardcore gonna be fun.

Did they do the 3 saves only thing in the first game too?

Seriously, I'm not even gonna try it. :lol I'll do level right below the hardest but that's it. When I've played insane levels before - the one thing that probably made me able to finish it was being able to save...a lot. 3 saves is just NUTS!

I don't think they did that. I could have sworn I beat the first game on the hardest difficulty to get a trophy, and I remember saving like crazy because I was so glad I made it though each and every encounter.

I'm doing the same in DS2 on normal. I've been getting killed left and right. I cant imagine how hard this game is going to be on the hardest difficulty level. And 3 saves? No way I'm going to be able to do that. :banghead:banghead:banghead

There are spots man I just got beat the hell up. Its a fun tough game even on normal thats for sure.

just finished Dead Space: Aftermath....has a nice little tie in to Dead Space 2.....traditional animation was pretty nice, but cg stuff was crap.

Last edited:
Back