Dead Space 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On chapter 14 right now. Game has been a blast and I will be starting it again as soon as I'm finished.

Yeah the little plastic gun that came with the CE is a piece of crap. I wasn't expecting much but still... Lame.

Agreed...the CE was a waste IMO....I would have been happy with a cool tin case. I am looking forward to the "backpack" shipping though with all its goodies.

Would have traded out the gun for a small art book but overall I'm happy with the CE. Especially the Soundtrack. Plus I traded a couple games in and got it for $20.

Would have traded out the gun for a small art book but overall I'm happy with the CE. Especially the Soundtrack. Plus I traded a couple games in and got it for $20.

I would have prefered the art book as well, I thought the my gun was broken until I clued in it had no batteries, but it's crap through and through. I was also realy disapointed with the print basically being a shiny postcard. The soundtrack is pretty good and I've enjoyed that, and I've played the Deadspace extraction a bit (without the move) and it works well. so overall, worth the extra 20, but only on the ps3. without the extra game, the collectors edition is a waste. Much prefer my starcraft collectors edition, that was well worth the extra cash.

Picked up the Limited Edition PS3 version with Extraction - very nice bonus and the Hd upgrade looks pretty damn good...On chapter 2 of Dead Space 2 right now.....

Very glad they humanized Clarke quite a bit and am digging the more responsive controls....sound work rocks

Had no idea 360 version was on 2 disks.....

Did pay for one of the $5 weapons/armor upgrades, so that helped with the first Boss...cannot say this game is easier. Playing on Normal Ch1 was a serious nail biter. However, the one thing I did notice was how plentiful the Nodes were. I found 5 in Ch 1 alone....some were well hidden, mostly not

Side thing with me: Mass Effect 2 for Ps3 came with no paper manual, yet this one did....found that interesting -

Last edited:
Just started Chapter 3, myself...

This game is just... well, damn. :yess:

The way this game 'opens' is just friggin' incredible.

Oh, yeah... and Visceral should get a boatload of awards for sound design alone.
I've got a killer 7.1 sound system and the effects are freaking me out, minute to minute.

I've played some scary games before (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the GC was a pretty high bar for me until Dead Space came along) but no game's kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time quite like this one's doing.

I would have prefered the art book as well, I thought the my gun was broken until I clued in it had no batteries, but it's crap through and through. I was also realy disapointed with the print basically being a shiny postcard. The soundtrack is pretty good and I've enjoyed that, and I've played the Deadspace extraction a bit (without the move) and it works well. so overall, worth the extra 20, but only on the ps3. without the extra game, the collectors edition is a waste. Much prefer my starcraft collectors edition, that was well worth the extra cash.

The gun is what I expected. Most of the time these little extras are just that plastic add ons. Yeah, the print being a postcard was kind of a bummer but it looks cool. I don't consider it a waste though even if I had paid retail.

Picked up my copy today. Once I finish the Last chapter of 1 I'll be all set to play! :rock

Enjoy Keith! This game is awesome!

I am a serious Noob with Dead Space 2 so far: does the bonus armor from Dragons Age 2 actually show up in this game, provided you bought it new and put the code in?

If so, what chapter does it become available?

Thanks

I am a serious Noob with Dead Space 2 so far: does the bonus armor from Dragons Age 2 actually show up in this game, provided you bought it new and put the code in?

If so, what chapter does it become available?

Thanks

I think the armor that came with it is for use in the dragon age game itself. Its not armor for deadspace. If that's not what youre talking about then any bonus armor should be available in the first store you come across in the game. Not sure which chapter though, maybe 2.

Last edited:
Yeah, its armor that can only be used in DA2. If you bought the CE you get a cool looking Zealot suit that you can wear. I've been using that until I bought the advanced gear last night.

Ok, thanks guys. Bought the 'limited edition' Ps3 version which is the standard but with Extraction...so I guess no extra armor there?

Thanks for the clarification

Back