DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out I think. Selling all my Arkham knight figures and moving on to other lines. All still boxed to [emoji5]

Just checked in with Kev at DCC, good news.

Good news- This line isn't dead and the possibility of returning to past figure lines is still there.

Here's the exact quote, not much to go on, but better than nothing:
We appreciate your interest. While we haven't figured out a strategy for the Arkham line just yet, we are hopeful that we will be able to offer additional figures at some point after 2016.

Thanks again for checking in!

Kev

Just checked in with Kev at DCC, good news.

Good news- This line isn't dead and the possibility of returning to past figure lines is still there.

That is a relief to hear.

I'm curious what I mean by strategy though; I've seen the line sell pretty well in my town (though maybe that's just me), so what would they theoretically have to do to make the line sell better? Release schedules, advertising?

Decided to pull the trigger on Harley V2. Some of them really do have sloppy paint jobs though. Luckily 1 of the 3 at my local comic book shop was pretty great looking, so I got it.

I think she doesn't hold the baseball bat as nicely as I would like, but she looks great with the Icons mallet!

300c17cb06dfa5f854005abfa0a2652a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got Penguin. I think my rogues gallery is complete! I got all the major villains. They look amazing on display.

979b0c30a356be42341cf0dbac9339d8.jpg
1860467c7e3ce37f3a234d7dec444a81.jpg
3bbc40d98a3240a3575375d4d63baa30.jpg
40f7fc4b520e4c036125a02b5a41d277.jpg
46eeba8a6a97455c3549a02b3d5551c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upon watching playthroughs for Arkham VR (which looks RAD), it occurs to me that another great addition to the Arkham collection would be a Post-City Batsuit! It'd be a pretty easy sell for DCC and I think he'd be a great addition, especially since he's the main model for Batman in this game. Perhaps we could suggest it, along with other Knight/VR characters who haven't gotten treatment, for next year? Still hoping they can get that Ivy out!

Upon watching playthroughs for Arkham VR (which looks RAD), it occurs to me that another great addition to the Arkham collection would be a Post-City Batsuit! It'd be a pretty easy sell for DCC and I think he'd be a great addition, especially since he's the main model for Batman in this game. Perhaps we could suggest it, along with other Knight/VR characters who haven't gotten treatment, for next year? Still hoping they can get that Ivy out!

Do yourself a favor and dont buy Arkham VR. The story is about 40 minutes long and is wildly disapointing. I dont want to spoil anything but trust me when I say save your money.

I would totally recommend buying this game or trying to find a way to play it. Any fan of this game series should be pretty amazed at being in the world in VR. thestory is very slim and there is hardly any gameplay, but goddamn its all ive been thinking about since playing. If your dropping all this money on the Arkham action figures I have no doubt youd love it. I would gladly drop 20$ on another "episode" of this series.

Do yourself a favor and dont buy Arkham VR. The story is about 40 minutes long and is wildly disapointing. I dont want to spoil anything but trust me when I say save your money.

Seen all the playthroughs and walkthroughs so far, and I gotta agree with bboy here; for 20 bucks I'm totally fine with a 40 minute story and the TON of easter eggs, because they're all of a very high quality, despite the length. I was never gonna get a PS VR just for Arkham VR so I'm perfectly happy with it being just one positive among a lot of promising material (Here They Lie, Resident Evil).

I would totally recommend buying this game or trying to find a way to play it. Any fan of this game series should be pretty amazed at being in the world in VR. thestory is very slim and there is hardly any gameplay, but goddamn its all ive been thinking about since playing. If your dropping all this money on the Arkham action figures I have no doubt youd love it. I would gladly drop 20$ on another "episode" of this series.

I love Arkham VR and I've been playing as much as I can. :lol
I'd be willing to pay $60 just to get another Arkham VR installment if it was longer and you could drive freely around Gotham in the Batmobile.
Some more detective segments would be neat too.

Hopefully we'll get some DLC missions but Rocksteady is probably really, really, really done with Batman this time.

Eh not surprising for the time being. I heave a feeling that we'll see this figure down the line sometime, probably in a multipack of some kind. At least that's how I would do it.

Yeah that's OLD news. She was cancelled months ago, and when people (myself included) emailed DCC asking why, they said it was due to lack of interest from retailers. I think bad character selection and lack of timing in the waves later on may be to blame for this overall.

I got a comment from DCC when I asked them about it, and it's good news and bad news.
The bad news is that things aren't looking great, but the good news is there's something we can do about it!

"We have the Oracle/Batgirl two pack coming out at the end of the year and we hope to see good sales on that to give us the message that retailers are still willing to support the Arkham line.
We hope to find a home for some new figures and are trying to work out what that could be.
Stay tuned and we try and figure it all out."

So, if we all make sure to pick up the Batgirl/Oracle figures, that means there's a higher chance of the Arkham line continuing.

I got the new Harley yesterday, and I gotta say despite the lack of waist or abdomen articulation this is a great figure. I would post photos but my phone is being a *****.
Edit: Found them
20161031_174904.jpg
20161031_174915.jpg
20161031_174928.jpg
20161031_174936.jpg
20161031_174944.jpg

On a semi-related note, would anyone else be SUPER down with getting figures from the Telltale Batman series? Would love their versions of Batman and Lady Arkham (among others), genuinely one of the best Batman stories in recent history IMO.

Back