DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone want to guess what wave 4 may be? Do you think we will get new Ivy, riddler, firefly, penguin and two face?
I know I'd love those figures again in the new AK articulation.

Two face would be very easy for them to do, do hes a likely bet, I want to see an unmasked batman and red hood, new deathstroke and a new joker, oh and a new penguin and Ivy would be great

I'd love to see at least one more wave with Firefly, Ivy, Penguin & Riddler (deluxe with mech suit). The Season of Infamy DLC characters (Freeze, Croc, Hatter, Ras) could make a nice 5th wave too in the further future.

Really love the knight figures. So much better than the earlier ones.
Hey has anyone heard about a new game from WB Montreal?

Just tried this one whim and it surprisingly works out pretty well; switch out the sniper from the AK figure and the dual handguns from the RH figure with one another. Seriously, the sniper works out so much better for RH than AK, you can actually get some really nice poses out of it.

Series 2 Nightwing has released, a guy on the Fwoosh forum has it and its pretty awesome. However the Robin has been pushed back to an unknown date :(

First review of Gordon is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBU5grShm2M . Something about the face just seems off to me. Maybe its the lack of eyebrows ...

Yeah that face is garbage haha, but the gun sculpt is even worse.

Nightwing is looking really solid

Battle damaged Batman is kindof disapointing IMO

Cant wait to see Robin, hopefully the colors are drastically different from the promo image

Now bring on Red Hood 1.0 :cool:

Gordon seems to be my first disappointment of the arkham knight series. Very excited for robin, even if the figure isnt great, it means we get new decent accessories for arkham city robin, so thats a plus! I think selina will be the surprise gem of this wave!

Picked up Robin from Popcultcha; I can get pictures if you guys want! Not sure what to think of him though. Very good accessories (also the cape is lovely) and a great number of interchangeable hands for DCC, but the hood and face sculpts actually put me off a bit: It moves well with the head, but I don't see it being very easy to pull off. The articulation is basically the exact same as Batman's, but it looks... stranger on Robin. He'll be good for posing but I doubt he's the standout of the wave (which looks to be Catwoman IMO).
I don't want to bag on him, I'm very glad I have him because I needed a Robin, it's just I don't particularly favour him above the others in the Wave. I'll pick up Nightwing soon-ish and Catwoman as soon as she's available, but I am glad I got Robin first; as a character he has the most interactions with others compared to Nightwing, Catwoman and Gordon, so he'll go well with the rest.

tl;dr: Recommended, just not stellar.

Picked up Robin from Popcultcha; I can get pictures if you guys want! Not sure what to think of him though. Very good accessories (also the cape is lovely) and a great number of interchangeable hands for DCC, but the hood and face sculpts actually put me off a bit: It moves well with the head, but I don't see it being very easy to pull off. The articulation is basically the exact same as Batman's, but it looks... stranger on Robin. He'll be good for posing but I doubt he's the standout of the wave (which looks to be Catwoman IMO).
I don't want to bag on him, I'm very glad I have him because I needed a Robin, it's just I don't particularly favour him above the others in the Wave. I'll pick up Nightwing soon-ish and Catwoman as soon as she's available, but I am glad I got Robin first; as a character he has the most interactions with others compared to Nightwing, Catwoman and Gordon, so he'll go well with the rest.

tl;dr: Recommended, just not stellar.

How are the colors? In the prototype image his chest is maroonish instead of red, like in the game.

I initially didn't see a problem, but looking at a screencap... wow. The colours are incredibly off. I think they were trying to go with the colours of the Arkham City version: More green and a darker red than in this game.
That's a bit annoying, in my opinion.

I initially didn't see a problem, but looking at a screencap... wow. The colours are incredibly off. I think they were trying to go with the colours of the Arkham City version: More green and a darker red than in this game.
That's a bit annoying, in my opinion.

Could you post some pics?

He looks good in your pics. Colors are a bit muted, but figure looks solid. Too bad they didnt make a removable, or collapsed hood, since in the Arkham Knight game, I dont seem to remember him ever having his hood up.

Robin looks great, I think I actually like the colors more. I think I can figured out how to make a alternate hood down version of the cape/hood.

The figure looks pretty good, but like you guys said the colors arent great. Plus his face makes him look kinda like hes been lobotomized.

I do think it'll be worth picking up! I just doubt it's better than Nightwing or the upcoming Catwoman. For clarification, the hood is like the one on Red Hood; it may be possible to pull down, but not recommended. Not sure why they made that decision to be honest, especially since no hood would actually be easier.

Back