DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Robins torso looks long, and head looks sunken in... Others look pretty awesome though, buying em all. Really hoping the fiftha character is the batmobile :D

I love the characters they went with for the second wave, but I dont know why I feel so underwhelmed by Robin and Nightwing.

Also why does Gordan have a Desert Eagle lol

Awesome. About time we got a Gordon!

I'm actually really surprised they blew their wad with all the heroes in one wave together.

They all look great aside from those thigh cuts. Ugh, I hate those. Not so noticeable on Catwoman, but they look damn ugly on Gordon. So great to see all the accessories and extra hands with these. Hopefully Robin's hood will be remove able. And Catwoman's (Riddler trap?) collar too.

Yes!!!! Finally, a Gordon figure!!!! I can't wait for this wave to come out.

Does it bug anyone else how much taller these figures are compared to the other Arkham lines? I have all of mine grouped together, and it looks really jarring when Batman is taller than Mr. Freeze and Harley is taller than Joker.

Glad to finally see Gordon get some love, but I agree, its odd they'd have ALL of the remaining heroes in one wave with no villains (well, maybe Catwoman). Gives me hope for an all villain wave next. Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, Ivy, and Firefly are the only ones that come to mind that they've revealed beyond Scarecrow and Arkham Knight.

Last edited:

Am I wrong, or does it look like Gordon's eyes are actually painted onto his glasses instead of being molded underneath?

I'll pick up a Gordon and skip everything else from Wave 2. Like the Arkham City versions much more.

Yeah, I feel kinda underwhelmed by these figures. Wave 1 was fantastic, but wave 2 doesn't look nearly as good to me.

Does it bug anyone else how much taller these figures are compared to the other Arkham lines? I have all of mine grouped together, and it looks really jarring when Batman is taller than Mr. Freeze and Harley is taller than Joker.
It doesn't bug me since I have separate shelves for the figures from each different game, but I can see how it would be annoying if you're going to mix them with the other figures.

Hopefully though (and I'm pretty confident they will) DCC will make every character from Arkham Knight, and that will no doubt cover pretty much everyone we have in figure form from the past games already.

Am I wrong, or does it look like Gordon's eyes are actually painted onto his glasses instead of being molded underneath?
They do look a little like that, but I'm sure they won't be on the actual figure. Hopefully we'll get to see these on display at SDCC and then we'll know for sure!

Glad to finally see Gordon get some love, but I agree, its odd they'd have ALL of the remaining heroes in one wave with no villains (well, maybe Catwoman). Gives me hope for an all villain wave next. Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, Ivy, and Firefly are the only ones that come to mind that they've revealed beyond Scarecrow and Arkham Knight.
I know right! So unusual for them to put all the heroes in the same wave. Usually they'd put one hero per wave to help sell that wave. But maybe that shows how confident these figures will sell, even if they don't have a major hero in the wave.

And yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to some villains now! Can't wait to see Posion Ivy and Riddler. I really hope they do re-make Two-Face aswell, even though his design (and City figure) isn't that different. But the City figure fits in OK if they don't.

Hopefully Man-Bat will be in the game too and we can finally get an Arkham figure of him. No doubt he'd be a deluxe. I really, really hope we get The Ventriloquist in Arkham Knight too. I'm tired of having Scarface all on his lonesome :lol

The second wave looks okay, but there's something slightly off about the character designs of Arkham Knight in general. Can't put my finger on it. I think it's partly how different the characters look from last time - I don't mean the new outfits, but the faces. Catwoman, for example, looks like an entirely different person. It's odd.

Happy to get Gordon though. Not sure I'll be as much of a completionist with this lot, but I'll grab a few. Scarecrow arrived yesterday and is a really great figure - though one of the face bolt things broke off instantly. Nothing a bit of glue won't fix, though. Looking forward to getting the Arkham Knight itself.

Theyre more realistic looking, just compare the two scarecrows

Yeah - like I said, it's the faces, not the outfits. They look like different people entirely, not just more realistic versions of existing faces. e.g Catwoman looks way younger, Nightwing looks like a completely new guy. Maybe they are different people taking up the mantle of existing characters in the game, but if not then it's just a bit weird.

I hate this armor look on Batman, Nightwing, Robin..
But new Catwoman is awesome!

Yeah - like I said, it's the faces, not the outfits. They look like different people entirely, not just more realistic versions of existing faces. e.g Catwoman looks way younger, Nightwing looks like a completely new guy. Maybe they are different people taking up the mantle of existing characters in the game, but if not then it's just a bit weird.

Oh I see what you mean, and agree.

For me im ok with it as im only collecting the best version of a character, not by games (except i have multiple batmans and custom jokers) passed on robin catwoman and nightwing so these are for me lol

Also i think rocksteady improved a lot of the looks, wasnt a huge fan of city and loved the origins designs

Since its inevitable we'll see Joker in some form or fashion in AK, do you think DCC will make a new Joker figure for this game?

^ If he's in the game, you can bet they'll make him.

I'm just hoping that, since we start out in the City suit, they'll make a new City suit version. I'd love one to fit in with the new Arkham Knight style figures since it's my favourite suit from the games. I don't mind the Knight suit, and it's an awesome figure, but the City one would be my preference.

^ If he's in the game, you can bet they'll make him.

I'm just hoping that, since we start out in the City suit, they'll make a new City suit version. I'd love one to fit in with the new Arkham Knight style figures since it's my favourite suit from the games. I don't mind the Knight suit, and it's an awesome figure, but the City one would be my preference.

Its DCC, if they make another City suit figure, it will be a re-release and not a new figure :lol

:lol
I'd agree with you there if these new Arkham Knight figures weren't so different. I think even they know that the older series figures just wouldn't fit in well with these. The new scale and artic makes them look as different from the older series as Knight does to City. So if they ever did plan to make a new City suit version I'm sure it would be an all new figure. Plus it'd give them a way to get another Batman into a wave.

Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

I'm still waiting for more Origins figures to be announced. Any one else?

Back