DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Had penguin for a year now but just opened him now. Always loved the line, just focused more on 1/6 figs. After opening him, I may start. Is he in scale with this joker?
jutujuta.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the Collector's Edition statue is the same scale as the DCC figures.

Yes, the Collector's Edition statue is the same scale as the DCC figures.

Awesome, thanks. I dnt wanna get the whole line, but I'm really liking the origins line. The paint apps and everything looks top notch much like series 1

I would go with nothing - based on what the Origins figure came with. I think DCC is cheaping out on us now.
I still think we may get something, and if we do it'll probably be on display with the figure at NYTF.

But for once we got a new head and they resculpted most of the body with battle damage, so I'm more than pleased with it the way it is. I'll gladly pay full price for this unlike the other 5 or so Batmen that used the same body and head.

Awesome, thanks. I dnt wanna get the whole line, but I'm really liking the origins line. The paint apps and everything looks top notch much like series 1

I don't know if it was just the figures I saw, but I thought the paint aps on the Joker were poorly done.:dunno

I don't know if it was just the figures I saw, but I thought the paint aps on the Joker were poorly done.:dunno

Oh yeah, true. The joker paint apps don't look too good, same for the statue I posted earlier. But batman and banes articulation and everything else looks great. I don't have any figs, this is just judging from reviews I've seen.

I picked up the AO Bats, Joker, and Bane for my 6 year old son as a Christmas gift. I personally don't collect figures but think these look very cool. However, these figures look like they are ment to be displayed only. Bane fell apart quickly. His head snapped off (I superglued it back into place but it can't turn now), his left arm is locked in a hanging position, and his left leg came away from his body. Bats has a few minor issues as well. Now, I know that my son is young but he really does a nice job of taking care of all of his things. These figures just do not seem to be very sturdy. I'm thankful my son isn't very picky. After I superglued and repaired the figures as best I can, he just grabbed them and kept on trucking. He's actually playing the AO video game now so whenever he's not playing the game he's always got the figures in his hands. I'll probably pick up Deathstroke for him and call it a day. At almost $30 a figure, this can get expensive. Not to mention all the superglue I'll need to get.

I picked up the AO Bats, Joker, and Bane for my 6 year old son as a Christmas gift. I personally don't collect figures but think these look very cool. However, these figures look like they are ment to be displayed only. Bane fell apart quickly. His head snapped off (I superglued it back into place but it can't turn now), his left arm is locked in a hanging position, and his left leg came away from his body. Bats has a few minor issues as well. Now, I know that my son is young but he really does a nice job of taking care of all of his things. These figures just do not seem to be very sturdy. I'm thankful my son isn't very picky. After I superglued and repaired the figures as best I can, he just grabbed them and kept on trucking. He's actually playing the AO video game now so whenever he's not playing the game he's always got the figures in his hands. I'll probably pick up Deathstroke for him and call it a day. At almost $30 a figure, this can get expensive. Not to mention all the superglue I'll need to get.

Well they are collector action figures meant for adult collectors. At least your son is still enjoying them. I'm surprised Batman hasn't fallen to bits considering how many parts he has.

Joker and Black Mask are ones that will probably hold up the best to a younger child. I have no problem you giving them to your son, while Mattel's Batman may have held up better they didn't make a Joker or Bane. They did make a Deathstroke, but I think it's currently going for a ridiculous amount of money for what it is. Glad to see a younger kid enjoying them though, despite them not holding up to play.

Definitely, if you wanted AO figures for your son, Mattel's Batman and Deathstroke are more for him.

I am sure i am not the only one in this forum craving for an arkham origins robin. The armor suit in his origins design sets new standards as to how robin should look like...and i am pretty positive that it would make the best Robin figure to date. If you are not convinced just imagine this sitting on your selves...

batman_arkham_origins__robin_by_mike92evil92-d6u0doo.jpg

:clap

Honestly Robin would be a little odd for me to display because honestly in terms of sticking to the timeline of the game, there possibly couldnt be a Robin in that time period of Batman's career.

Although i agree that Grayson robin doesn't fit in the timeline of AO, it is the only chance of getting a Grayson robin since i believe that the next game will be an AC sequel. Also i personaly was not that satisfied with series 1 AC robin, thus wanting a proper robin figure for my character roster.
But i can agree that it is a matter of how you view your collection...if your see it as timeline and game based only then this robin is irrelevant to your collection... on the other hand if you view it as a chance to collect batman characters, and you like the style of the arkham games then this robin is quite important.

Well they are collector action figures meant for adult collectors. At least your son is still enjoying them. I'm surprised Batman hasn't fallen to bits considering how many parts he has.

Joker and Black Mask are ones that will probably hold up the best to a younger child. I have no problem you giving them to your son, while Mattel's Batman may have held up better they didn't make a Joker or Bane. They did make a Deathstroke, but I think it's currently going for a ridiculous amount of money for what it is. Glad to see a younger kid enjoying them though, despite them not holding up to play.

Definitely, if you wanted AO figures for your son, Mattel's Batman and Deathstroke are more for him.

Thanks for the advice guys. Mattel it is then for my kids. It obvious after I purchased Bats, Joker, and Bane, these figures were not meant to stand up to kids. I now know these are truly adult display figures. I never really collected figures before. I'm a statue collector myself. I'm just glad I know to pick up the Mattel figures now. The DC figures cost decent $$$ and look really good. I hate to see them fall apart after my kids get ahold of them.

I really want to give Ra's his robe he wears when you first see him. Anyone seen it done yet?

My sons birthday is coming up and he really wants the series 1 Arkham Asylum Scarecrow. If anyone is selling let me know. Thanks.

I am sure i am not the only one in this forum craving for an arkham origins robin. The armor suit in his origins design sets new standards as to how robin should look like...and i am pretty positive that it would make the best Robin figure to date. If you are not convinced just imagine this sitting on your selves...

View attachment 90326

:clap

I would be all over this one. I have used the Arkham verse figs to supplement my othe DC Direct/Collectibles Bat figs. This would make an excellent Jason Todd/Robin. Especially with the DC finally releasing the Red Hood/Jason soon.

But overall I like this design, and would buy a figure.

With Origins Series Two getting closer to release and all the nice looking figures in this wave, which one(s) are you looking forward to the most?

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm personally looking forward to Anarky the most because I loved his character and design in Origins. Deathstroke and Firefly have always been some of my favorites so I'm really looking forward to both of them. Croc is really growing on me, this has to be my most anticipated wave of Arkham figures. All of them look great to me. (Deadshot is still a little dull however. It's mostly the flat orange jacket when it was a glossy red in the game.)

Anyone expecting any tweaks like we saw with Series One Batman?

Back