DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

That is very cool, I wonder why they'd choose to begin that type of advertising from the second series of figures? And not from the first of origins figures? Hmmm

Plus the lack of a batman variant in the video is odd? Because it's a full out 'HERE IS SERIES 2' video ... As if that is the complete set?
Will it be the first to not feature a batman?

Damn, beat me to it; ah, well, here's the embedded version for those who don't feel like clicking.:lol :

[ame]https://youtu.be/Dw4pt0wygFs[/ame]

Very excited for the series 2 figures. Did they spoil a reveal with Anarky?

Very excited for the series 2 figures. Did they spoil a reveal with Anarky?

No. This image has been out for months ...

baoe3anarkymolotov.jpg

SnakeDoc

Anarky and Deadshot look kinda lame to me. Anyone else think so?

Anarky and Deadshot look kinda lame to me. Anyone else think so?
Deadshot just looks bland and unappealing to me. The design just doesn't really excite me or interest me.

Anarky however I personally really like, just really love the modern street thug look to him with the mask and molotov he has. While Deathstoke and Firefly and better figures without a doubt, part of me wants Anarky more.

Origins Series 2 is up there with my favourite waves along with Asylum Series 1, and City Series 3.

From what I've noticed every single Arkham Wave has had at least one weak figure in the lot:
B:AA Series 1: Batman
B:AA Series 2: Poison Ivy
B:AC Series 1: Infected Batman
B:AC Series 2: Mad Hatter
B:AC Series 3: Clown Thug or Penguin (depending on who you ask)
B:AC Series 4: Batman
B:AO Series 1: Black Mask (regretably)
B:AO Series 2: Deadshot

Nah I disagree. I'm really happy to get black mask and the new Deadshot. Also penguin was a great figure. In the origin figures I don't see a weak link yet.

Mind you, I'm not looking for articulation in my figures as I display them so I wasn't disappointed in mad hatter either as I bought the wave as a set so I didn't notice the price for a small figure.

I'm just keen to have such a large rouges gallery. I'd prefer less of batman or some real changes like a clay version and hatter version. Not just color changes.

From what I've noticed every single Arkham Wave has had at least one weak figure in the lot:
B:AA Series 1: Batman
B:AA Series 2: Poison Ivy
B:AC Series 1: Infected Batman
B:AC Series 2: Mad Hatter
B:AC Series 3: Clown Thug or Penguin (depending on who you ask)
B:AC Series 4: Batman
B:AO Series 1: Black Mask (regretably)
B:AO Series 2: Deadshot

I'd disagree with some of those,
My version would be...

B:AA Series 1: is perfect. (Although I hate scarecrow fixed pose legs)
B:AA Series 2: Zaasz (Fixed pose legs!!) Ivy is a poor figure also but a greater character so I'd rather have her.

B:AC Series 1: infected batman, no arguments here
B:AC Series 2: detective mode batman (an arguable pointless variant, and mine doesn't even stand up or hold the weapon) would have preferred Bruce Wayne or different batman skin/battle damage
B:AC Series 3: I find it difficult to chose, I love this wave, obviously thugs are just thugs but I am biased towards all things joker. I love all 6.
B:AC Series 4: the batman seems to be a love it or hate it figure (I don't have it so can't decide) the other 3, assuming you get good paint and deadshot's arms stay on I'd say this is another strong wave of popular characters.

B:AO Series 1: probably has to black mask (not because I think he's bad - but that the others are frick'n awesome!)
B:AO Series 2: Deadshot, I love it and will buy, but he does look the plainest out of this BRILLIANT wave of figures, no accessories and he's just quite plainly dressed :/ I think people who love the character/character design are the people who will appreciate this most.

I'd disagree with some of those,
My version would be...

B:AA Series 1: is perfect. (Although I hate scarecrow fixed pose legs)
B:AA Series 2: Zaasz (Fixed pose legs!!) Ivy is a poor figure also but a greater character so I'd rather have her.

B:AC Series 1: infected batman, no arguments here
B:AC Series 2: detective mode batman (an arguable pointless variant, and mine doesn't even stand up or hold the weapon) would have preferred Bruce Wayne or different batman skin/battle damage
B:AC Series 3: I find it difficult to chose, I love this wave, obviously thugs are just thugs but I am biased towards all things joker. I love all 6.
B:AC Series 4: the batman seems to be a love it or hate it figure (I don't have it so can't decide) the other 3, assuming you get good paint and deadshot's arms stay on I'd say this is another strong wave of popular characters.

B:AO Series 1: probably has to black mask (not because I think he's bad - but that the others are frick'n awesome!)
B:AO Series 2: Deadshot, I love it and will buy, but he does look the plainest out of this BRILLIANT wave of figures, no accessories and he's just quite plainly dressed :/ I think people who love the character/character design are the people who will appreciate this most.
I pretty much agree with you, though I have no problem with Scarecrow's preposed legs. AA Series 1 doesn't have any weak figures, Batman is just the least interesting of the bunch today, but when they came out it was Scarecrow.

AA Series 2, while Ivy is a more important character, besides the preposed legs Zsasz is done a lot better, but I don't really enjoying looking at Zsasz too much, so I can see either Ivy or Zsasz. If only Ivy had the vines painted on her she'd be much better...

AC Series 1 didn't have any stellar figures, but while Infected Batman is cool, just really the weakest of the wave. If Freeze was in Series 1 as planned he'd be the winner no doubt.

AC Series 2 was pretty solid, while the Mad Hatter figure has a lot of problems, Detective Mode Batman is really terrible, I just got it today, and I'm not impressed at all. Really weak choice, boring figure. I'd take ANY figure over him.

AC Series 3, there's nothing wrong with that wave. Some people really hate the thugs just due to the fact their thugs. Penguin's face is a bit bland in terms of paint, but I wouldn't say any of them are weak figures.

AC Series 4... Personally I really don't like the Batman, DCC jumped the gun on the super articulation and what we got was an experiment figure that really didn't turn out that good. He's way to small and more in the 6 inch scale to be honest.

AO Series 1, I hate to say it but Black Mask... He's just lacking SO MUCH articulation. I have no problem with limited articulation, but he's lacking so much, especially considering this articulation kick DCC is on lately. Plus sculpting pin stripes is a bad idea, and the head is a bit meh, mostly the flesh they painted around his eyes, it just doesn't look menacing at all...

AO Series 2, Deadshot honestly. I'm just not a fan of the design or colour pallet. Honestly he looked cool in the trailer, but it doesn't look as cool as a figure. His colours seem to flat and basic, he just doesn't pop or scream "cool figure" like the others.

With the deluxe figures I would say Titan Joker is the weakest in terms of the figure/character (Ignoring all QC issues) because it's an expensive variant of the Joker from a boss fight not everyone liked. Not saying he's done badly, not at all. He's just not as important.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that we finally have a Batman-less wave? Cause I'm very glad about that. Granted I don't care for Anarky or Firefly.

Deathstroke is so awesome I could buy two of him. The lamest thing about Deadshot is no sniper. His outfit's bland but okay, kinda like him being very normal looking because it's all about the shot for him and he does have better headgear than in City imo. But no sniper is just UGH! That might me the dealbreaker right there for me. He's so awesome in the trailer arrogantly sitting behind his scope.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that we finally have a Batman-less wave? Cause I'm very glad about that. Granted I don't care for Anarky or Firefly.

Deathstroke is so awesome I could buy two of him. The lamest thing about Deadshot is no sniper. His outfit's bland but okay, kinda like him being very normal looking because it's all about the shot for him and he does have better headgear than in City imo. But no sniper is just UGH! That might me the dealbreaker right there for me. He's so awesome in the trailer arrogantly sitting behind his scope.

This is probably of little consolation, but for my AC Deadshot I repainted a Killzone sniper rifle and it works pretty well.

I just fixed my Killer Croc!? I mentioned ages ago that his right leg fell off, I just managed to pop the snapped joint out of the leg socket.... Drill a small hole in each part, stick a tiny piece of metal in the holes and superglue the whole thing tight.... I let it dry, and was very impressed with myself as I popped the leg back on!!

Okay he looks GOOD.

I don't know a lot about the character but this is prompting me to do my research. I love this design!

it's a blatant rip off of v for vendetta. that's all the research you need.

anarc1.jpg
v_for_vendetta_05.jpg

Last edited:

I'm liking the Arkham Origins figures so far. For sure want Firefly but will probably get all the figures from both waves.

it's a blatant rip off of v for vendetta. that's all the research you need.

anarc1.jpg
v_for_vendetta_05.jpg
Considering the book was published slightly before the time Anarky was created and the fact the picture you posted of Anarky has a the V for Vendetta book in it, I'm pretty sure that's the point of Anarky and he was created with that intent.

I wouldn't call it a rip off, obviously inspired by it, yes. But look, we have a whole villain called the Mad Hatter, have a character who dresses and is named after the Harlequin style of clown, I wouldn't have any qualms about Anarky. And the whole character of Solomon Grundy was based on a real nursery rhyme...

Almost the entire Batman universe is comprised of characters heavily based on popular ideas, fictions, history, etc. And if not they're whole character is around a gimmick of clowns, birds, bats, etc.

Considering the book was published slightly before the time Anarky was created and the fact the picture you posted of Anarky has a the V for Vendetta book in it, I'm pretty sure that's the point of Anarky and he was created with that intent.
sure, the point of anarky is to rip off v. throwing a direct reference to v in the cover only makes it stupider, as if nobody would notice the difference without it.

I wouldn't call it a rip off, obviously inspired by it
semantics. i'd go with the polite way of saying it, 'inspired by', if and only if the copycat has strong enough characteristics of its own to be worthy of anyone's attention. robocop is inspired by judge dredd, batman is inspired by zorro, sherlock by dupin, indiana jones by quatermain, etc etc. anarky is just a poor imitation of v, hence it's a rip off.

But look, we have a whole villain called the Mad Hatter, have a character who dresses and is named after the Harlequin style of clown, I wouldn't have any qualms about Anarky. And the whole character of Solomon Grundy was based on a real nursery rhyme...

Almost the entire Batman universe is comprised of characters heavily based on popular ideas, fictions, history, etc. And if not they're whole character is around a gimmick of clowns, birds, bats, etc.
you can take your inspirations from anywhere, but if your execution is poor it results in a lame villain. it's one thing to have a character obsessed with lewis carroll's wonderland he sees himself as a character from the book, and it's quite another for a comic writer to just copy paste from another source and paint it red.

Last edited:

Considering they are both DC characters its not exactly a rip off as they'd only be ripping themselves off. Its more like double dipping :lol

Considering they are both DC characters its not exactly a rip off as they'd only be ripping themselves off. Its more like double dipping :lol
everytime dc f--ks alan moore in the butt(no pun intended) his beard grows an inch longer. true story.

Back