DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

I'm with you guys, boxes aren't that great, but like ya'll, I'll be opening up mine aswell. However, I do enjoy just looking at the figure in it's packaging those few seconds it takes to get to the register then that car ride home and right before it gets opened up.
Lucky, I've never seen this line in real life stores.

Also, I dislike the name being 'Mister Freeze' rather than 'Mr. Freeze'. Just to be even more picky.

Lucky, I've never seen this line in real life stores.

Also, I dislike the name being 'Mister Freeze' rather than 'Mr. Freeze'. Just to be even more picky.

:lol I didn't mean a line, just walking over to the action figure section of my LCS to pick it up then walking back to the register :lol

I agree about the "mister' vs "mr." I barely took note of it last night when looking through the 3D turn around trophies and saw how they spelled his name. Do they do that in the comics now or something?

I see what they're trying to do with the boxes. They kind of succeed, as I do kind of get that they're supposed to be like a "Premium Quality" product, but I really just want to see what they look like in people's collections.

Noticed the other day series 3 are now up for preorder with FP. Batman will be a certain purchase for me

I already canceled my W.3 and deluxe pre-orders until I can see them in hand and make sure the quality drop hasn't continued.

I already canceled my W.3 and deluxe pre-orders until I can see them in hand and make sure the quality drop hasn't continued.

There has been no quality loss in series 2. for £16 figures theyre superb and on par with th rest of the waves

So laughable I've seen them in hand at my LCS, quality drop in every department, sculpt, plastic used, paint, no stands/accessories. :dunno

I completely disagree. I don't see a drop in quality in any area at all.

Sculpts - All fantastic. Lots of intricate detail. Just as strong as the other series.
Plastic - Slightly different transluscent plastic used for the head sculpts but it looks great. Just as strong as the other series.
Paint - Lots of intricate detail again. Nice clean lines and great drybrushing. Just as good as the other series.
No stands/accessories - I wouldn't class that as a drop in quality. Just a drop in standards.

Wave 3 looks like a very strong wave again, can't wait to get Penguin and Ras. The clown thugs look very nice too and I'm sure they'll look great next to Harley and Joker, or surrounding Batman ready to get their asses combo'd! :lol
Will be great to finally have a standard Arkham City Batman too and that Azreal figure looks beyond detailed!

Very much looking forward to the deluxe series first though. Hoping the fact some HK sellers have them now means they'll be out on their due date.

Only thing I'm concerned about with the AC Batman is is he not just a repaint of the original batman?

He is a repaint yeah, but a repaint of two different original figures. The head and cape are from the Arkham Asylum Batman, and the body, boots, gloves, belt are from the Arkham City infected Batman figure.
True, the body used in the infected Batman figure was the same base body as the Asylum version, but it does have the correct detailing for the Arkham City Batman design.

It doesn't bother me really that we're getting a figure with re-used parts, I'm just glad were getting a standard costume variant.

So laughable I've seen them in hand at my LCS, quality drop in every department, sculpt, plastic used, paint, no stands/accessories. :dunno

accessories? so electric gun, caltrops, twin handguns and the Cane arent accessories? Hatter nobody is happy with, but thats just bull your coming out with.

Paints fine. no problems at all with mine as my pictures show. Sculpt is great and mostly very accurate. How can you complain about plastic when youve looked at a box? Seriously, your full of it. The figures on par with AA. Completly laughable. detail is brill. Hatter has awsome detail of every bit of stitching on the inside of his coat. Should be half the price of the others but ho hum, hes much more detailed than Long Halloween figure design.

He is a repaint yeah, but a repaint of two different original figures. The head and cape are from the Arkham Asylum Batman, and the body, boots, gloves, belt are from the Arkham City infected Batman figure.
True, the body used in the infected Batman figure was the same base body as the Asylum version, but it does have the correct detailing for the Arkham City Batman design.

It doesn't bother me really that we're getting a figure with re-used parts, I'm just glad were getting a standard costume variant.

Bound to be a merging. only colour, boots and gauntlets are different. Still love a Suited Bruce Wayne SDCC!

You can't expect every figure to come with an accessory like Scarface from wave 1 of AA. It'd have been nice to have had a Riddler trophy, but other than that there aren't any major extra accessories they could've done. And the plastic seems the same, and even if it isn't, it's not really noticeable or else I'd be complaining about it. Catwoman is the only sculpt in this wave that I don't feel is quite right, but she's still a good figure.

It was only a matter of time before people started turning on this wave. It's the best and most extensive of Batman figures ever made, using some of the best character designs, too. I struggle to complain about it.

Hate to say it, but I think that the new packaging applies to more than just the deluxe figures. I saw a photo of the Justice League Batman figures on Toy World's Facebook page, and it features the same style, so that may be the look that you guys see for Wave 3 as well.

I still can't see why DCD is charging so much for the deluxe. I know it's big and all. I like how Marvel Select charges the same price of the bigger figures such as Hulk and Abomination, I know it doesn't include a base for the bigger figures but it's still well worth it. I guess I have to wait and see if I'm impressed when it releases.

They're charging more because they can. They know we'll pay it. Plain and simple. Why charge less, when people will buy it for more?

They're charging more because they can. They know we'll pay it. Plain and simple. Why charge less, when people will buy it for more?

:exactly: yeah I know, just like Hot Toys. I'm just glad that MS isn't doing the same...hope they don't change

I just bought a ton of Marvel Select figures for $10(under retail) or under on ebay, all of which have better articulation and most have better accessories. Deadpool, Magneto, Juggernaut, Wolverine, Green Goblin, Sabertooth and Colossus.

Funny enough the only one that cost me $20 was Avengers Hulk who includes nothing extra. More money because of hype. Still wasn't over retail though.

Where'd you get them at? Nice score. Just picked up Avengers Hulk yesterday, best Hulk figure I own until Hot Toys releases theirs.

Okay, back on track. Where is the cheapest place people ordering the deluxe figures? My LCS told me his price will be around $50 each :horror

Back