DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

@Penguin This not the best of pictures, but it's my Play Arts Kai Arkham setup and once I got kinda used to this style/level of detail a lot of the dcc figures just don't do it for me anymore. I'll definitely add the mesmerising PAK Deathstroke to these three. And then I have a small array of main villains + Nightwing in DCC form (below this). I'm more of a... individual detail over quantity collector, I guess. Man I wish we'd had another Asylum or City villain in the PAK line. And I have to admit this two-face doesn't make it much easier for me to justify keeping my DCC's.

(This is an upward angle, they're more vertically stretched irl.)
Looks nice, glad you have the City Joker apposed to the horrendous Asylum one. The face... what where they thinking?

PAK is nice, just not my thing. Not a fan of the overdone paint washes and almost anime styling with the figures. I really am wanting the Asylum Batman though, I think their style works well with the Asylum Batman, just looks a lot like the game cover.

DCC figures arent bad at all, but you really can't compare 7 inch domestic figures with 9 inch import figures. DCC does really good at what they do, 7 inch collector figures. NECA is the only company I'd say does better jobs when it comes to 7 inch figures. (excluding imports)

I've just never been a fan of the hyper articulated import style. And at the price PAK figures are goimg at no one will buy even a small rouges gallery, DCC can however. Plus PAK only seems to make Batman, Joker, other playable characters, and figures they can put massive breasts on. :lol

Yeah all those complaints you listed I pretty much share. Except that I think the dark washes accentuate the gothic-ness of it, and in Arkham's specific case I find that a positive.
Yeah the Asylum Joker sucked, but don't let the batman fool you, he's quite badly proportioned. The city batman isn't perfect either, but the main issue is the cape and I "clumsied" a custom one on there. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend laying down aftermarket prices on the Asylum one. Though it's true that, if anything, he does seem to be very akin to the asylum box art. He's mostly just too short/broad, and the paint quality isn't as good as the City line. But, that's just my 2-cents. If you can find him second handed, in good order, for a good price, yeah guess he's a good solo piece.

It's not for nothing that I do still have most of my DCC figures, but I only mainly like them in very ambient, silhouette like poses with the best spots lightened up by a small light. Pretty much like your signature. I just wish 2-face's burn marks had been just that tad bit more finely done, as well as the eyes being straight.

I can't wait for PAK Deathstroke though, what a beast of a figure. Very curious to see what both DCC and SE will do with Arkham Knight, though I don't know about people here but, I'm not that fond of Batman's new look yet. Loving the new batmobile though, I hope somebody makes that thing. Absolutely LOVE the blend of classic Batmobile and Nolan's vehicular style.

To me his arkham city look is the single best modern Batman look I've seen anywhere yet with the sole critique that I prefer white eyes. I hope Snyder's Batffleck will be akin to it, but...we'll have to see.

Love the look of Two Face. The most significant missing link in my collection is now available, so I'm happy.

Dammit BTTS, how the hell is it taking them so long to get the Two-Face figure? :(. I need this figure for my collection and seeing everybody seemingly have it is a bit irritating. Can someone post some high quality pics of their figure so I can get a sense of what I'm eagerly waiting for.

I am really glad that Two Face has finally been released. I feel like that was the only thing I needed for my Collection to be complete. I tell ya it feels good ot finally be content, and I may not buy any more of these figures unless we see an Alfred of Different versions of Robins, and I am scared of the new scarecrow in AK being amazing. I really don't want to purchase more than one of any character unless its a really awesome change. I already feel silly with two Batmans and two Banes, but I don't have enough origins to make them a separate display. I just wanted a definitive version of each of my favourite characters and finally set them up just right.
As of now my collection goes as such:
Hush
Scarecrow
Zsasz
Talia
Ras
Bane (2-pack)
Nightwing
Riddler
Hammer
Harley
Joker
Azrael
Infected Batman
Robin
Two Face
Mr. Freeze
Scarface
Penguin
Bane (origins)
Deathstroke
Killer Croc (origins)
Black Mask
Batman (origins)

Thats all of em. I realize scarface isn't a stand alone character but I had them listed in the order they were displayed.

What about Catwoman?

What about Catwoman?

Good point. But I am really not a fan of the current figure of her. Perhaps if they ever do a new one for AK or something I'll pick it up.

Now this guy got as lot better specimen of two-face! Although the shoulder height difference is weird...

I'd take mine over his, mine has the teeth painted whereas his doesn't have them painted at all. The only thing mine has slightly wrong is the exposed eye is a bit off center.

Honestly just pick the best out of what your LCS has. Mine had some with the right eye painted too low, no teeth painted, and eyes not lined up perfectly.

Just make sure you order from somewhere that does exchanges so you don't get stuck with somehing like this. :rotfl

LeiaYuck.jpg

Alright having seen the complete design for the Arkham Knight I want it made into the first wave of figures...I man dear god look at this design, it lends itself perfectly to figure form

Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg

Attachments

• ArkhamKnight_render.jpg
    ArkhamKnight_render.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 341

Can't wait to know who it is!

If it's the Joker I'm going to break the internet. By god, anything but that.

God, what's so hard for everyone to grasp that DC & Rocksteady are working together to create a brand new character. It's not Joker, Jason Todd, or any other known character.

God, what's so hard for everyone to grasp that DC & Rocksteady are working together to create a brand new character. It's not Joker, Jason Todd, or any other known character.

After the whole Mandarin fiasco, I don't take anything for face value anymore. Its a new character sure, but that doesn't mean it isn't just a new persona of a previous character. Two-face was the Judge on the animated series. The Joker and Jason Todd were the Red Hood. Bruce Wayne is also Matches Malone. There is no reason to think it couldn't be just a new persona of an existing character. Rocksteady hasn't said that specifically. Could he bee a completely new character, sure. But I won't buy that 100% until I've finished the game.

^ I believe in...Buttmunch.

The best outcome, yet also the hardest to believe, is that it's a minor or hinted character from arkham asylum, that was indeed non-existent before, and has been hinted toward the whole time, and it's a brilliant Prestige to the whole series. For some reason I can see them having thought of this new villain from the beginning.

It could also be a new characters that's in some way related to an existing character. The thing is, he needs some tie-in to the franchise and/or Batman-world. Else it's just literally a new character that pops up and it seems very hard to me to actually make that character engaging.

Personally I thought of something like Quincy Sharpe's son, someone who has been indoctrinated by the whole Arkham thing his whole life. Or a descendent of Amadeus Arkham or something.

Bet its Jason Todd regardless of them saying its a "new character"

2092363-738303_bmbfc_1.jpeg

752862-5.jpg

Batman_Battle_for_the_Cowl_Vol_1_3_Variant.jpg

Yet, how does Jason Todd link to the rest of the Arkham series' story then...?

Yet, how does Jason Todd link to the rest of the Arkham series' story then...?

I believe it's said the Joker did in fact kill him, but he's not mentioned anywhere else.

Back