DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

How the hell did you get Black Mask to actually stand on his own? I've tried over a dozen times and the damn thing won't stand.:gah:
I dunno didnt do anything? He was pretty stable right out of the clamshell.
Try fiddling with his ankles maybe that might do something...

Over the weekend I got the Arkham Origins Batman and Black Mask, and the Asylum Batman vs. Bane 2 pack. I'm loving the detail on the new Origins figures, and after having seen how great Batman turned out, I CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on the Deathstroke next year!

Bane from AA also turned out beautifully. He may just be the most muscularly disproportionate action figure I own!

THose pics look fantastic, can't wait to get mine.

How long does it usually take for you guys to get your stuff from BBTS?

Since I live in MX it takes almost 2 weeks and it's killing me :gah:

I dunno didnt do anything? He was pretty stable right out of the clamshell.
Try fiddling with his ankles maybe that might do something...
So far it has done nothing... so far all this figure does is fall flat on its *******ING FACE. :mad:

So far it has done nothing... so far all this figure does is fall flat on its *******ING FACE. :mad:

I think you can chalk that up the figure having no knee or ankle joints :slap

I'm starting to get interested in the line, but i'm staying away from figures with ****e articulation, which unfortunately still appears to be about 50% of the figures they produce.

These Arkham Origins figures look great but I can't seem to get past the sculpted pin striping of Black Masks suit, it's so damned fugly!!!

These Arkham Origins figures look great but I can't seem to get past the sculpted pin striping of Black Masks suit, it's so damned fugly!!!
The only real positive I can give this figure is the fantastic head sculpt and paint app on it. Which is sad, seeing as how I'm a Black Mask fan and desperately wanted a good figure of him.

I haven't bought any of these yet, but I'm going to look around this week. Particularly for Bane and Batman. I like the look of this Bane a lot better than the Asylum one. I assume the explanation for the differentiated look is that AA Bane was on Titan, and this Bane is only on Venom.

They have a lot more options for character variants in this game than in AA or AC. Nobody really changed costumes in AA or AC. There are several figures in this line that could have costume changes or unmasked variants. Joker has a few (Red Hood, for instance). Batman has a few, even before considering alternate Batsuits (Wayne Underarmor [which is a lot better than the Wayne-in-a-suit option from AC], Unmasked). Bane, Deathstroke and Black Mask all lose their masks at some point (as I understand it ... I play games slowly, but don't mind spoilers).

I wonder if DC suggested the developers add costume variations to spur toy sales. Heh.

SnakeDoc

I dunno. Aside from Batman we've really never gotten a 'variants' of any character yet (Joker and Harley from different games excluded of course). Hush with Bruce Head seemed like another likely choice from AC that never happened.

I personally have an extra
Spoiler Spoiler:
coming so I can knock out two game accurate variant looks there.

I can see your point though. A new head for Deathstroke or Bane and you've got a new figure to sell (not to mention they could also do a coated Bane variant as well). Red Hood Joker with a dome and cape and you get a new figure there. I just wish these figures had come with these. Joker has no accessories right (my order hasn't shipped yet), so giving him a red hood look would have been great. An unmasked Black Mask and Bane heads would have been great. And why isn't Batman continuing with the Bat-gadget theme with a new gadget accessory? I just feel like this first wave of figures was rushed to meet the game's release date (sadly like the game itself was rushed). Had these come out a few months after the game (like series 2) we might have gotten some better extras included with them.

I think you can chalk that up the figure having no knee or ankle joints :slap

I'm starting to get interested in the line, but i'm staying away from figures with ****e articulation, which unfortunately still appears to be about 50% of the figures they produce.

Mine falls too, my solution was to boil and pop the left foot (the culprit) and shave the heel down a bit, you wont ever notice it and it helps the foot move down a bit

I dunno. Aside from Batman we've really never gotten a 'variants' of any character yet (Joker and Harley from different games excluded of course). Hush with Bruce Head seemed like another likely choice from AC that never happened.

I personally have an extra
Spoiler Spoiler:
coming so I can knock out two game accurate variant looks there.

I can see your point though. A new head for Deathstroke or Bane and you've got a new figure to sell (not to mention they could also do a coated Bane variant as well). Red Hood Joker with a dome and cape and you get a new figure there. I just wish these figures had come with these. Joker has no accessories right (my order hasn't shipped yet), so giving him a red hood look would have been great. An unmasked Black Mask and Bane heads would have been great. And why isn't Batman continuing with the Bat-gadget theme with a new gadget accessory? I just feel like this first wave of figures was rushed to meet the game's release date (sadly like the game itself was rushed). Had these come out a few months after the game (like series 2) we might have gotten some better extras included with them.

A jacket bane with yelling/rage head would be an instant buy

I also really want a james gordon and an unmasked deathstroke

I hope they also move on to the DLC/bonus batman outfits but in the style of the game models

I really like Bane's unmasked look in the game. I would buy that variant.

I looked all over for at least one Batman that didn't have crappy paint apps and I couldn't find one. If you are going to charge collector prices they should be collector quality. The other figures have the same problem. Why does their QC stink so badly?

Because China.

Finally picked up Arkham Origins Bane and Joker from my LCS, hopefully my Batman and Blackmask preorder from Gamestop arrives tomorrow. Oh and just ordered SDCC Hugo Strange.

BTW is the Mattel Batman Unlimited AO Batman and Deathstroke worth getting?

The mattel batman is a really nice figure but the dcc one dwarfs it. Deathstroke has awful articulation. Id wait for the dcc one to be honest
I sold both mattels after buying my dcc bats.

The only mattel BU figure I've bought is the Dark Knight Returns one, I believe it's the bestest figure they've released, it makes the rest pale in comparison, I'm glad I only bought the DCC one, which by the way, it's still on the way :gah:

The mattel batman is a really nice figure but the dcc one dwarfs it. Deathstroke has awful articulation. Id wait for the dcc one to be honest
I sold both mattels after buying my dcc bats.

Thanks! I'll just wait...

The only mattel BU figure I've bought is the Dark Knight Returns one, I believe it's the bestest figure they've released, it makes the rest pale in comparison, I'm glad I only bought the DCC one, which by the way, it's still on the way :gah:

Yeah, they did a good job on TDKR figure

Back