DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Grundy looks good, but I'm not that interested in the "deluxe" figures. But if he does well, it might mean another series of regular ones. I still need a Strange and Two-Face to be completely satisfied.
Why wouldn't there be another series of regular figures? They've already said they will get to every character eventually, too.

So are we still assuming this is the 13" figure of grundy that always 'happening'?
I love it! I just wanna know if that's the final size!

Why wouldn't there be another series of regular figures? They've already said they will get to every character eventually, too.

Wanting to and being able to are two completely different things though. If people stop buying figures, they'll stop making them. So Grundy doing well indeed could effect how many more figures we get in the line. If he does well at his $100+ price point, they'll continue to make more figures as well as deluxe figures. Grundy is kind of a risk due to his costs and his performance very well may hold the rest of the line in the balance.

So are we still assuming this is the 13" figure of grundy that always 'happening'?
I love it! I just wanna know if that's the final size!

Yes, this is that one :lol

Wanting to and being able to are two completely different things though. If people stop buying figures, they'll stop making them. So Grundy doing well indeed could effect how many more figures we get in the line. If he does well at his $100+ price point, they'll continue to make more figures as well as deluxe figures. Grundy is kind of a risk due to his costs and his performance very well may hold the rest of the line in the balance.

Yes, this is that one :lol

Sure, dropping sales can easily kill a line and have done in the past - the rule applies to every figure line. But this line has consistently sold really really well - so why is it that people seem to act cautious about it continuing? It seems that the continuation of lines is taken for granted with every other figure line, yet for some reason there is concern for this one even though there's more evidence of it being a huge success than being on the way out. Heck, they're rereleasing old figures because demand is so high. I dont know why every new announcement gets a response of PHEW, ITS CONTINUING, THAT WAS CLOSE.

Apart from anything else it brings down the tone of the thread.

I have a spare Killer Croc MIB for $45 if anyone wants it

I still want Mr. Freeze, but can't bring myself to pay the $50 being asked for him. I paid $20 for Bane two years ago, and that figure is much larger and just as complex if not more so.

Can't wait for Grundy's arms to snap off and them to rerelease every figure with better articulation so what i have is worthless. Selling all mine before the rereleases and using it to buy into the kai arts line.

Can't wait for Grundy's arms to snap off and them to rerelease every figure with better articulation so what i have is worthless. Selling all mine before the rereleases and using it to buy into the kai arts line.
Problem with the Kai Arts line is that they never look as good in person as they do in promo pics, plus they're unlikely to cover EVERY character, just the ones with breasts.

Also they're hardly going to rerelease every figure with new articulation - they wouldn't be rereleasing the AA waves if they planned to do that. And even if they did, you only have to put what you have on eBay the minute a new version is shown and you could even make a profit. When they inevitably announce a new Bane, I'll sell mine for around £100 and then buy the new one which probably wouldn't be above £70 - most likely £35 like Croc.

And the only figure of mine that has broken is Joker, and that's because he fell off a high shelf. The quality problems aren't widespread, or perhaps I'm just careful with my figures.

OMG!!! The Solomon Grundy far exceeds what my expectations were!
Awesome.

Anyone know when this is likely to be up for pre-order?

so this re-release of arkham asylum, and Croc figures has improved articulation?

does play arts kai do re-releases?

No they are straight re-releases as far as I know and on top of it they announced they are going back and redoing old figures with more articulation. They didn't even bother improving Croc's or Titan Joker's arms and I suspect they won't fix the shoulder joints for Grundy either.

Kai Arts are loaded with articulation so no need to worry about future versions but at the same time you get a little weird looking around the knees when they are very bent. But overall I think they look great and they have been getting a few other cool licenses that will be in scale.

No they are straight re-releases as far as I know and on top of it they announced they are going back and redoing old figures with more articulation. They didn't even bother improving Croc's or Titan Joker's arms and I suspect they won't fix the shoulder joints for Grundy either.

Kai Arts are loaded with articulation so no need to worry about future versions but at the same time you get a little weird looking around the knees when they are very bent. But overall I think they look great and they have been getting a few other cool licenses that will be in scale.

Where are you getting your information regarding Killer croc's arms? Is there an interview or something where DC Collectibles stated that they weren't going to fix the arms. Or is this all specualtion?

What do you mean, they are the same tiny joints on Titan Joker as they were on Croc. I guess it's possible the Titan Jokers were already too far into production to correct but I were like one of you all, going to get a Grundy, it maybe best to wait and see if they have that issue first.

In fact someone there should really ask someone who works for DC Direct whats up with the shoulder joints.

What do you mean, they are the same tiny joints on Titan Joker as they were on Croc. I guess it's possible the Titan Jokers were already too far into production to correct but I were like one of you all, going to get a Grundy, it maybe best to wait and see if they have that issue first.

In fact someone there should really ask someone who works for DC Direct whats up with the shoulder joints.

I was asking IF someone had talked to DC Collectibles about the shoulder joints. I just wanted to know if they had confirmed for a fact that they weren't going to do anything about the shoulder joints. Sorry for the confusion, I phrased my questions wrong

But are you basing that off the finalised, released versions? They do look great at Toyfair etc, but usually suck in hand.

Also, it's unlikely they're going to release that many figures with improved articulation. Bane seems inevitable to me since he's not part of the rerelease wave, and Zsasz too. But those will likely be the only remakes.

And there's no way of knowing if Grundy joints will be more stable yet, since it they could easily replace the material with something more secure. The size/appearance of the joints doesn't matter.

Yes, I've seen plenty of in hand reviews of them. So far they have 2 Batmen, Robin, Joker, Harley and another Harley and Ivy coming and more planned, plus TDKReturns Batman and Nolan stuff if that interests you. I'm not really interested in getting much more in depth then what they've already released, Riddler would be great with proper articulation and his glasses.

I'm sure DC Direct will rerelease Joker and some other major sellers with more articulation too as they have with Batman.

With Grundy I don't see the material changing so they really ought to make the joints bigger. Like I said if anyone reading this is there, try and see if you can't ask DC about it.

Yes, I've seen plenty of in hand reviews of them. So far they have 2 Batmen, Robin, Joker, Harley and another Harley and Ivy coming and more planned, plus TDKReturns Batman and Nolan stuff if that interests you. I'm not really interested in getting much more in depth then what they've already released, Riddler would be great with proper articulation and his glasses.

I'm sure DC Direct will rerelease Joker and some other major sellers with more articulation too as they have with Batman.

With Grundy I don't see the material changing so they really ought to make the joints bigger. Like I said if anyone reading this is there, try and see if you can't ask DC about it.
But DCD have specifically left out Zsasz and Bane from their rerelease wave - which makes it likely that they ARE being remade with more articulation (as they're the two that probably need updating most). Which means that the other ones WON'T be updated - otherwise they'd be left out of the rerelease wave like Bane and Zsasz are.

As I said, I don't think joint breakages are that common with the figures. People have had them break, but then there's a vast number who haven't had any trouble.

I just consider a step from DCD to Play Arts to be an expensive step-down. Plus you'll never get ALL the figures and you definitely won't get characters like Croc, Bane and Grundy. Their TDK figures look good though - if they end up as good as they are looking right now I'll definitely be getting them.

I just consider a step from DCD to Play Arts to be an expensive step-down. Plus you'll never get ALL the figures and you definitely won't get characters like Croc, Bane and Grundy. Their TDK figures look good though - if they end up as good as they are looking right now I'll definitely be getting them.

Do you actually have any of the Play Arts figures? :pfft:

I have all of them so far and most of the DCD figures (ignoring the ones I don't like.) There is no comparison between the two lines when they are put next to each other IMO, the Play Arts figures look incredible when they are all together.

Poison Ivy and AC version Harley will be released at some point this year and I'd be very surprised if more won't be following.

Back