DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's barely any character build-up. With the exception of King Shark, the old DCU's Deadshot & Harley were much more interesting (Though this universe is still fairly new). Did you use to read Secret Six before the relaunch?

I've actually really liked suicide squad so far. I like that nobody (besides Deadshot and Harley, who I doubt is on the team much longer) is safe from getting killed off. Makes things more interesting when you know the 'good guys' aren't always going to come out of the fight alive. :dunno

I like it too

There's barely any character build-up. With the exception of King Shark, the old DCU's Deadshot & Harley were much more interesting (Though this universe is still fairly new). Did you use to read Secret Six before the relaunch?

I only picked up an issue or two during Blackest Night.

I agree, I'm not a fan of the new Harley retcont. I mean I can buy the chemicals turning her white and changing her hair color, but having it change her hair color right down the middle and TWO different colors? They lost me there. :lol

So I agree, the characters aren't better than they were before, but I'm the kind of guy that doesn't want to jump into the middle of something. I wanted to read SS before, but before the reboot I didn't feel like I'd know what was going on so I didn't jump in. The reboot gave me that chance to jump in.

I wanted to read SS before, but before the reboot I didn't feel like I'd know what was going on so I didn't jump in. The reboot gave me that chance to jump in.

I totally understand why people might be hesitant to jump in, but —and this goes for everything in comics— there's so much to discover after jumping in; it can be so rewarding. It's like discovering a kick ass band, and then going back and listening to their previous 5 albums you've never heard before. I'm onto following writers instead of characters at this point.

I totally understand why people might be hesitant to jump in, but —and this goes for everything in comics— there's so much to discover after jumping in; it can be so rewarding. It's like discovering a kick ass band, and then going back and listening to their previous 5 albums you've never heard before. I'm onto following writers instead of characters at this point.

I totally understand what your saying. I never read a green lantern comic until the relaunch, but now I'm going back and at least reading everything that Geoff Johns has done. Their is so much to learn and read its exciting.

I only picked up an issue or two during Blackest Night.

I agree, I'm not a fan of the new Harley retcont. I mean I can buy the chemicals turning her white and changing her hair color, but having it change her hair color right down the middle and TWO different colors? They lost me there. :lol

So I agree, the characters aren't better than they were before, but I'm the kind of guy that doesn't want to jump into the middle of something. I wanted to read SS before, but before the reboot I didn't feel like I'd know what was going on so I didn't jump in. The reboot gave me that chance to jump in.

I respect that but do yourself a favor & grab Villains United TPB.

Just finished reading the following:

Green Lantern - ____in' awesome read since most of what happened before the relaunch is still there. Sinestro is the man. :rock

New Guardians - The only thing I really liked about this was Larfleeze & Glomulus.

Flash - The story was good. Love the art. Looks to be a real good read down the road.

Red Lanterns - Meh.

Batwoman - Absolutely beautiful, both in story & art. I highly recommend this to anyone & everyone.

Batgirl - A good read. Love the dialogue. Gail Simone is such a talented writer. She should write for Suicide Squad.

Just finished reading Nightwing, now everything is ready for the Court of Owls crossover with the Bat titles. On to the main Batman books now. :woo

I think Batgirl is my favorite DC book right now. Gail Simone tells a great story filled with witty Whedon-esque dialog. And Ardian Syaf's art, for the pages he does (3 pencilers in a single issue is a bit jarring), is absolutely fantastic.

The scene in #8 that has Batgirl kicking the crap out of somebody and then catching his head just before it hits the pavement with no dialog whatsoever was probably my favorite moment in an issue that was stacked with great moments.

I think Batgirl is my favorite DC book right now. Gail Simone tells a great story filled with witty Whedon-esque dialog. And Ardian Syaf's art, for the pages he does (3 pencilers in a single issue is a bit jarring), is absolutely fantastic.

The scene in #8 that has Batgirl kicking the crap out of somebody and then catching his head just before it hits the pavement with no dialog whatsoever was probably my favorite moment in an issue that was stacked with great moments.

They should give her more books to do instead of Liefeld.

:lecture

I'm in for the whole Night of The Owls event. More excited for this than AVX to be honest.

I agree. It actually got me getting the Red Hood series as well since he's gonna be part of it. Still "NO" to Batwing though. :lol

Not sure 'bout the Birds Of Prey either.

Last edited:
Got major dejavu reading GL #8 the other day, could of sworn they've already had Jordan and Sinestro locked up in cells by some pissed of locals already since the reboot :lol

Did anyone else pick up DIAL H this week? Wow, what a bat____ insane read (in a good way). Definitely adding to the pull list.

EARTH 2, WORLD'S FINEST, and G.I. COMBAT were all good reads as well.

SWAMP THING, ANIMAL MAN and ALL STAR WESTERN solid, as usual.

I liked World's Finest, I'm definitely in for the next issue and I'm intrigued enough about this Earth 2 business to go back and pick up Earth 2 #1 as well.

Back