DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never read fables, but I'm always tempted to get the trades

Go for it. You won't regret it. Things really pick up after the second trade, and you'll be finding yourself blowing through them. One of Vertigo's best books.

Batman #7 was great. Looks like we're getting one of the New 52's first major events. I feel compelled to pull Nightwing #8 and Red Hood #8 along with Batman next month. DC suckered me right in :lol

read catwoman and justice league.
both have minor character changes in appearance , like catwoman looking a bit asian in some panels , and in JL, some of the suit where tweaked a bit.
My biggest problem with both titles is the slight change in art style and in JL...well not enough of the league in it, it was a narrated issue with trevor or what ever his name taking center stage for most part...

It was.

Yet, I'm kinda getting tired of the owls...

Never! Owls are awesome. :lecture

BTW, if no one else is reading Wonder Woman... shame on you. It's been good, and this issue was a game-changer regarding the Amazons.

Well, we were spared Jim Lee's lazy interior artwork for at least one issue of Justice League and the writing was better than the previous 6 pieces of garbage. But the JL characters are still quite unlikeable. And "Shazam!" was total crap.

Start a pull list so you're covered, man!

I don't normally have any problems gettting the issues (after the hype died down that is), but they just got shorted on their orders. So even if I had pull, I still might have missed out. They'll probably have them back in stock next week though, so I'm not too worried. If not, I'll just hit TRU since they carry comics now :lol

As for Jim Lee, the only decent thing he EVER did was the 90's X-men looks. Thats it. I've never understood the love everyone has for his Batman :cuckoo:

As for Jim Lee, the only decent thing he EVER did was the 90's X-men looks. Thats it. I've never understood the love everyone has for his Batman :cuckoo:

Hush was good with his artwork , and i actually liked his superman more then batman but the new league issue is weird now without him, the art is suffering , if they had someone with more talent working on the series, it would be fine but now they got someone who is standard at best

The new Batman line is one of the best series I've read in years. Convinced my wife to start reading it this weekend.

And though I love holding a real book/comic, digital comics have to be one of the best inventions...to share it so easily on our Iphones, Ipads and computers...

Hush was good with his artwork , and i actually liked his superman more then batman but the new league issue is weird now without him, the art is suffering , if they had someone with more talent working on the series, it would be fine but now they got someone who is standard at best

You must have been weaned on early Image-era 90s comics. I find most people who like Lee's art fall into that category.

You must have been weaned on early Image-era 90s comics. I find most people who like Lee's art fall into that category.

that's funny.

There are some good Image books these days though. But, I really don't miss Supreme or Shadowhark either. ;)

I still like Todd McFarlane and Spawn though.

:)

Back