DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know what you think of it, sfa. I've been meaning to pick up the single issues for the past few years, but never did. So really glad dc have released this.
Just finished reading 'The Demon Laughs' special, and overall it were very good - I'd definitely recommend it Russell1982.
The only real negative for me is that in many parts the plot was predictable and familiar, but aside from that I really enjoyed it. The writing and charecterisations were good, the artwork was great and there were a few cool moments in the story (including one I won't mention that was straight out of 'The Dark Knight' film - you'll know it when you see it! - wonder if that's where Nolan got the idea from?)
I'll definitely be re-reading it a few times.

Just finished reading 'The Demon Laughs' special, and overall it were very good - I'd definitely recommend it Russell1982.
The only real negative for me is that in many parts the plot was predictable and familiar, but aside from that I really enjoyed it. The writing and charecterisations were good, the artwork was great and there were a few cool moments in the story (including one I won't mention that was straight out of 'The Dark Knight' film - you'll know it when you see it! - wonder if that's where Nolan got the idea from?)
I'll definitely be re-reading it a few times.

Sweet, i really wanna read it now. Especially to see this Dark Knight similarity. Might have to just pick it up i think. Found it fairly cheap on ebay.

Finally got around to reading Detective #2 today. Awesome!! Also went and picked up Penguin Pride and Predjudice after hearing everyone say how good it is. Luckily my LCS had one issue left :yess:

Finally got around to reading Detective #2 today. Awesome!! Also went and picked up Penguin Pride and Predjudice after hearing everyone say how good it is. Luckily my LCS had one issue left :yess:

You wont be disappointed. Pain and Prejudice is awesome. Cant wait for issue 2.

My DC list for tomorrow:

Batgirl #2
Batman & Robin #2
Batman: Blink
Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #2
Green Lantern #2
JLA: The Age of Wonder
Suicide Squad #2

(I have the Arkham City HC on pre-order with Amazon)

I actually didn't pick up Penguin: Pain & Predjudice last week. Because I'm an idiot. But due to all of the rave reviews in here I had my LCS pull it for me and will get it tomorrow. :rock

My DC list for tomorrow:

Batgirl #2
Batman & Robin #2
Batman: Blink
Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #2
Green Lantern #2
JLA: The Age of Wonder
Suicide Squad #2

(I have the Arkham City HC on pre-order with Amazon)

I actually didn't pick up Penguin: Pain & Predjudice last week. Because I'm an idiot. But due to all of the rave reviews in here I had my LCS pull it for me and will get it tomorrow. :rock

How's the Frankenstein comic? I've been meaning to pick it up each week but I keep forgetting :lol

I love it. It's written by Jeff Lemire, who's also writing Animal Man. But, of course it's a very different kind of book.

I find that I like the Action Comics better than the regular superman line. At least with the major changes they are making it starts off as fresh. Makes me wonder, how he got into journalism, when he gets his costume, and how he begins to fit into Superman. The current Superman title just is too jarring for me. Asking me to think that everything is the same, but not. I hope that Action Comics just stays in the past and continues to build up Superman slowly. I know that I was against the entire reboot thing but if they're making these crazy changes might as well change it from the beginning. I don't think anything changed in anything Batman-related at all.

Same here, I'm still gonna get the next few issues of Superman and see where it goes, but at the minute i'm loving Action Comics and haven't really been impressed with Superman #1. Saying that, the only thing I've read of Superman before this was Birthright. Which I loved.

I know it's a bit off topic but I didn't feel like starting a whole new thread about this but I have a question for everybody here. What do you guys do with all your accumulated comic books?? I've got like 6 boxes of comic and don't know what to do with them. This is one of the reasons I've stopped buying comics the past year. I tried to bring them to a comic shop and sell them but they didn't want to buy them. I'm running out of room!!

Back