DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon man! Really?! The costume compared to others has been left relatively intact but the way the lighting is dispersed is what bothers you? I'm all for constructive criticism but I'm really starting to think that some of you are in here nitpicking because you don't have anything better to do.

This wouldn't be SSF if the usual suspects weren't _____ing and complaing about something! :lol

put in my orders

detective comics #1
batman #1
batman the dark knight #1
superman #1
action comics #1
suicide squad #1
green lantern #1
green lantern corps #1
grifter #1
aquaman #1

I put in for:
BATGIRL 1
BATMAN 1
BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT 1
BATWOMAN 1
BIRDS OF PREY 1
CATWOMAN 1
JUSTICE LEAGUE 1
SUICIDE SQUAD 1
SUPERGIRL 1
SUPERMAN 1
WONDER WOMAN 1

Batgirl and Batwoman were on a whim so we will see if I keep those.

JLA.jpg

"Relaunch" Jusice League by Jim Lee

Last edited:
No, I'm with you Sgt. I'll pay high prices if something seems to warrant it. But $4 for a comic is too much for me. Hell, $3 is too much. They have fewer actual pages than the comics of my youth did, often crappier stories, and they cost 4-6 times more. Forget it. I'll just pick up a TPB every once in a while collecting stories, or picking up comics second hand off eBay after a few months (when their price seems to drop pretty substantially).

At 4 bucks you'll save money with TPB's. Twenty bucks is about the most I pay on Amazon and those are usually for the bigger storylines that will have 7ish issues. Most are 10-12 bucks and have more than 3 issues.

At 4 bucks you'll save money with TPB's. Twenty bucks is about the most I pay on Amazon and those are usually for the bigger storylines that will have 7ish issues. Most are 10-12 bucks and have more than 3 issues.

Plus, if you sign up for Borders Rewards, the 30% and 40% weekly discounts really knock down the prices for TPBs.

In my experience Amazon was still cheaper as long as you get free shipping. Amazon usually has books a smidge over 30% off and without taxes its a real win. Better selection on Amazon too.

PR piece:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXOovN-Ibi0"]YouTube - ‪DC Comics New 52 Presentation‬‏[/ame]

Plus, if you sign up for Borders Rewards, the 30% and 40% weekly discounts really knock down the prices for TPBs.

In my experience Amazon was still cheaper as long as you get free shipping. Amazon usually has books a smidge over 30% off and without taxes its a real win. Better selection on Amazon too.

:lecture Amazon is still cheaper than Borders + coupons usually.

It looks like Batman and Superman are wearing the same suit, just painted different colors. :lol And both look like they were designed by Tony Stark.

Some info on the reboot.

If you could give fans one (or more!) clue about what's coming in your corner of the Batman universe, what would you say?

What resulted is these 10 Clues about DCnU Batman:

#10 - From Batman writer Scott Snyder:

"Bruce feels he has been away too much over the past year and decides to reinvest in Gotham — both as a Wayne and as Batman. After all, a hero can never have too many bunkers."

#9 - From Birds of Prey writer Duane Swierczynski:

"This time, everyone is after the Birds of Prey — the bad guys, the cops, the mob, the CIA, the Yakuza... and even some good guys, as well."

#8 - From Batman writer Scott Snyder:

"An old friend will soon become Bruce's deadliest enemy."

#7 - From Catwoman writer Judd Winick:

"When Catwoman is left with nothing, she finds herself turning to the same person again. And again. And again. And it's the wrong move each and every time."

#6 - From Batman writer Scott Snyder and Nightwing writer Kyle Higgins, clues about Gotham City itself:

"Gotham has a totem older than the bat, something dark and deadly.

"____ belongs to Gotham...but not the way he thinks."

"There are clues about the ancient evil Bruce will face written into Gotham itself, carved into the architecture (look closely!). There is even a secret design underneath the streets of Gotham. The past, the present, the fate of the Bat family — what if it's all written in the stone walls of the city, the future — a future doomed, a future saved, a future told?"

#5 - From Batwing writer Judd Winick:

"In a nation still finding its feet after a 30-year war, Batwing is a new hero. Which is good... because someone is murdering all of the old ones."

#4 - From Batman writer Scott Snyder:

"The Waynes will be revealed as participants in a secret war — a war for the city's soul that has been raging for centuries. A Wayne found murdered in 1888, a warning hidden between the lines, written in his own hand — for Bruce."

#3 - From Nightwing writer Kyle Higgins:

"Haley's Circus is not what we think it is."

#2 - From Batman writer Scott Snyder:

"What if there is a secret, unmarked 13th floor?"

#1 - From Detective Comics writer Tony Daniel:

"Batman wants a piece of the Joker's mind."

Fans plan protest at Comic-Con against DC relaunch
DC Comics

A cadre of fans is organizing a walk at Comic-Con International in San Diego to protest the September relaunch of DC Comics’ superhero line.

Planned for Saturday, July 23, the DC Original Protest Walk is intended to bring together disenchanted readers in a show of solidarity against the sweeping overhaul, which will see the release of 52 new No. 1 issues, as well as changes to the origins and appearances of many of the publisher’s characters.

“Are you utterly baffled, disappointed and just ANGRY to see how DC ruins your favorite character’s design and wipes decades of comic history out of the mainstream universe?” reads a message on the event’s Facebook page. “Well, you’re not alone! And why not make some noise at the biggest pop-culture event this year, where creators, artists and writers appear in person — show them how fans – the fans of the classic characters, the (nevertheless slightly changing) designs, the character’s history and personality — really feel about it!”

So far, 130 people have signaled they plan to attend the hour-long protest, which begins at 2 p.m.

Back