DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will DC Direct get relaunched as well since they are making fewer products every single month?

No one knows for certain and Mike may be better off answering this but DCD has been quiet the past quiet the past couple of months. It is a running theory that they could have a new toy line and statues in the work to coincide with the revamp.

I'm not a fan of the redesigned costumes.

Batman and Superman need trunks of a color different from their tights. The new designs still have the trunks, they're just the same color as the tights.

Wonder Woman looks better with her "classic" costume.

They're superheroes, they're inherently "silly" so embrace that.

No one knows for certain and Mike may be better off answering this but DCD has been quiet the past quiet the past couple of months. It is a running theory that they could have a new toy line and statues in the work to coincide with the revamp.

It's been mentioned at these "DC Retailer Roadshow" meetings that toys and stuff will be further down the road once the new costumes become the norm.

It's amazing how most everybody else seems to think she was raped as well.
So it's a virtue to think what "everybody else" thinks? Like I posted before, people are allowed to interpret ambiguous information as they choose, but I don't agree that rape was necessary to this story for Joker's purposes, and the information presented never explicitly demonstrated that it was part of the story, so I choose to interpret that as meaning that it didn't take place and plays no role. I don't think that's being "blissfully ignorant."

I read that DCD will be going through changes that include farming out some of their products to other companies but continuing with action figures and statues as well as maquettes. Sideshow and Bowen have both been mentioned as possible companies to pick up the 1/6 Statue and 1/4 Museum Quality lines.

It has also been mentioned that they will be forced to start with the new costuming as well but all of that is heresay at this point. SDCC is the time period where the new changes to DC Direct and who will be obtaining those licenses is supposed to hit.

Man, that would be so lame if DC finally let Sideshow do 1/4 scale statues, but forced them do produce figures in those new costumes. Like a geek collector's horrible Twilight Zone reality.

Man, that would be so lame if DC finally let Sideshow do 1/4 scale statues, but forced them do produce figures in those new costumes. Like a geek collector's horrible Twilight Zone reality.

If that happened, I would take the day off of work, buy some popcorn and just watch the fireworks on this here forum. It would be *GLORIOUS*

So it's a virtue to think what "everybody else" thinks? Like I posted before, people are allowed to interpret ambiguous information as they choose, but I don't agree that rape was necessary to this story for Joker's purposes, and the information presented never explicitly demonstrated that it was part of the story, so I choose to interpret that as meaning that it didn't take place and plays no role. I don't think that's being "blissfully ignorant."

Guess you're blissfully ignorant too. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::nana:

Let me rephrase "everybody else" into "those familiar with Moore's work." It's less generalized and still exploits the newb factor. :naughty

Some random nuggets I learned today:

- Action Comics, All Star Western, and Men at War will be $3.99 every month going forward. There will be additional content for those books, but it's unclear at the moment what that content will be.

- Dan Dido said he "cannot see Grant leaving the book for quite awhile", so looks like he's going be penning Action for the foreseeable future.

- Paper/Digital polybags will be $4.99 and the paper cover will have some sort of distinguishing factor to show that it was originally from a combo pack.

How would that be lame?? DCD has failed several times with their 1/4th scale line...So I welcome them with open arms to get the license to produce premium formats...I really hope the rumors are true...

Last edited:
Let me rephrase "everybody else" into "those familiar with Moore's work." It's less generalized and still exploits the newb factor. :naughty
I've read plenty of Moore's stuff, and he is able to relay the disturbing without using rape every time he wants to create tension or to humiliate someone.

How would that be lame?? DCD has failed several times with their 1/4th scale line...So I welcome them with open arms to get the license to produce premium formats...I really hope the rumors are true...
Because the new costumes suck for the most part.

I don't mind seeing a 1/4 scale PF Deathstroke in his new costume from Sideshow. Sideshow will make very cool 1/4 scale PFs for DC. Does anyone know when will we see the announcement from Sideshow? Darklord Dave? Mike? Anyone?

In April, didn't they announce they were "holding the line at $2.99"?

Yep. :monkey2 This really sucks because I won't pay $3.99 for a monthly comic. I'll have to look into getting a subscription to Action rather than going through my LCS to get a discount.

Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm a cheap bastard (I am), especially on a message board where we discuss throwing around hundreds of dollars for plastic and polystone, but $3.99 is just too much for 15-ish minutes of reading, imo.

No, I'm with you Sgt. I'll pay high prices if something seems to warrant it. But $4 for a comic is too much for me. Hell, $3 is too much. They have fewer actual pages than the comics of my youth did, often crappier stories, and they cost 4-6 times more. Forget it. I'll just pick up a TPB every once in a while collecting stories, or picking up comics second hand off eBay after a few months (when their price seems to drop pretty substantially).

put in my orders

detective comics #1
batman #1
batman the dark knight #1
superman #1
action comics #1
suicide squad #1
green lantern #1
green lantern corps #1
grifter #1
aquaman #1

Back