DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That deserves a special celebration gif.

z.gif

^^^ :drool:drool:drool

Batman 6 was good. It will be interesting to see where it goes now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And I picked up Suicide Squad 6 last week as well and liked it so much I managed to pick up 1-5 this last week and have gotten through the first two issues so far. Since I was only getting one book that week regularly beforehand, I'll be making this a new regular. My LCS requires a $5 purchase to run a card, so 2 books a week meets that and that isn't a problem except the second week of the month. Usually an issue fo the Stand or Penguin has been there to pick up, but with both of those over, I needed a second book that week. And SS will fill that spot nicely :D

Question to those that are semi up to date with all the books so far....

How many of the Batman titles run alongside one another? I always thought each was set in a different time to one another, Detective Comics running during a time before Robin for example but as I've been getting up to date with Batman TDK and you see the likes of Batwoman, Batgirl and more recently certain members of the JLA so I was thinking that maybe TDK was a more recent title and running alonside some other books however I've just read TDK #4 and you see Jim Gordon mention what The Dollmaker did to his face presumably in Detective Comics so now I have no idea of the time frame of these books.

Can anyone help me out?

For the record of my collection so far I've still got every issue JLA, Batman & Robin & Batman still to read (I'm pretty much up to date with all the other titles I've been getting though)

Detective Comics is the only Bat title that is set in the past similar to Action Comics and Justice League although they are all to jump forward within the next arc or two. All the rest are set in modern times and theoretically running concurrently

Detective Comics is the only Bat title that is set in the past similar to Action Comics and Justice League although they are all to jump forward within the next arc or two. All the rest are set in modern times and theoretically running concurrently

I don't think so. Harley in Suicide Squad is going to the GCPD and going to try and steal back Joker's face, which just happened - not years ago. I think DC is in the 'mondern times' as well, especially since Gordon did mention the Dollmaker in one of the other books. No way he'd bring up something old like that out of the blue. :dunno

I don't think so. Harley in Suicide Squad is going to the GCPD and going to try and steal back Joker's face, which just happened - not years ago. I think DC is in the 'mondern times' as well, especially since Gordon did mention the Dollmaker in one of the other books. No way he'd bring up something old like that out of the blue. :dunno

Exactly :lecture

I read something after asking the question that DC is set 10 years before all the other titles but that cant be the case can it

At this point, I think DC has F'd up the timeline so much that they aren't even sure whats going on anymore :lol They just rebooted without thinking things through fully and its starting to catch up with them. As I've mentioned before, how can Batman be new at this yet have had Grayson as Robin (now as Nightwing), Todd as Robin (now Red Hood), Drake as Robin (now Red Robin), and Damian now as Robin? Not to mention Barb as Batgirl, Batwing, and Batman Inc still around as well. :cuckoo:

Batman 6 was good. It will be interesting to see where it goes now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And I picked up Suicide Squad 6 last week as well and liked it so much I managed to pick up 1-5 this last week and have gotten through the first two issues so far. Since I was only getting one book that week regularly beforehand, I'll be making this a new regular. My LCS requires a $5 purchase to run a card, so 2 books a week meets that and that isn't a problem except the second week of the month. Usually an issue fo the Stand or Penguin has been there to pick up, but with both of those over, I needed a second book that week. And SS will fill that spot nicely :D

I tried telling people Suicide Squad is a fun read. I really enjoy Harley Quinn the most. Specially when Deadshot has to stop her from hocking a luggy on the bad guys

I tried telling people Suicide Squad is a fun read. I really enjoy Harley Quinn the most. Specially when Deadshot has to stop her from hocking a luggy on the bad guys

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Suicide Squad, but I'd sacrifice a thousand Suicide Squads for one Secret Six.

I don't think so. Harley in Suicide Squad is going to the GCPD and going to try and steal back Joker's face, which just happened - not years ago. I think DC is in the 'modern times' as well, especially since Gordon did mention the Dollmaker in one of the other books. No way he'd bring up something old like that out of the blue.

Hmmm...I dropped Suicide Squad a while back so I missed that. So I guess that isn't even in line with DC's original statements anymore.

At this point, I think DC has F'd up the timeline so much that they aren't even sure whats going on anymore :lol They just rebooted without thinking things through fully and its starting to catch up with them. As I've mentioned before, how can Batman be new at this yet have had Grayson as Robin (now as Nightwing), Todd as Robin (now Red Hood), Drake as Robin (now Red Robin), and Damian now as Robin? Not to mention Barb as Batgirl, Batwing, and Batman Inc still around as well. :cuckoo:

The only two heroes to get a stay of change was Green Lantern and Batman because they didn't want to piss off the millions of fans of Batman and Johns with GL since that is his baby. Green Lantern doesn't exactly work but within the book it seems to be blantantly ignoring the New 52 altogether. I haven't really seen anything that really sets it in there as Mahnke isn't even drawing Hal any younger.

Batman on the other hand is completely FUBAR'd. They are forcing him to be part of the New 52 world trying to incorporate that element but still trying to shove 75 years of history into 7-10 years (according to Lee) yet everyone including Bruce are in their mid to late twenties which means all the Robin stuff at best had to occur within 6-9 years. Four Robins and Batgirl who trained with ____ Grayson still and rumors that Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain will make their return to the Batman Universe in the next year as well.

Yeah, the Lanterns have had zero effect from the new 52. Its same thing that was going on before it, and I'm glad for that. Blackest Night got me back into reading comics regularly and for all of that to have been wiped away would have caused me to drop the Lantern books at least, and there is like 1 of them ever week at least :lol

And yeah, DC has really F'd up with Batman. The books are solid, but its just the new 52 timeframe that isn't working. They want to act like everything is as it was while throwing in some new things here and there. I'm glad I don't read the JL since that seems to be the main issue on the timeline. The Batman books are almost like GL where it seems nothing is back to the begining. I'm just glad I was able to get in with #1 since they didn't have any ongoing stories I get in the middle of and had no idea what was going on. So the new 52 at least gave me a starting point to pick up Batman again.

Off-Topic, does anyone read 'American Vampire' ?

I really like Scott Snyder's work and have read good things about this series so far. Thinking about ordering the first graphic novel from Amazon.

Thoughts?

Off-Topic, does anyone read 'American Vampire' ?

I really like Scott Snyder's work and have read good things about this series so far. Thinking about ordering the first graphic novel from Amazon.

Thoughts?

I read the first arc. It's badass. Highly recommend.

I also recommend looking into Severed if you're interested in another Snyder read.

Back