dc direct joker and hot toys joker comparrison.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MASSIVE scale of the DCD figures works for SOME of teh figures ( Wonder woman, for example, she is an amazon after all)
I've also got their comic book aquaman, he was kinda a gag figure. But for the movie figures... it's really silly. the heads are undersized for the bodies as well in man cases, so with a body swap, and a little tailoring some of them might be salvaged.

Somebody did successfully mod the DCD Batman that turned out somewhat not bad.

dctrainer from onesixthwarriors.

img3436rj9.jpg

img3437th2.jpg

img3449gc6.jpg

I'd like to think the DC Direct Batman's real name was "Rehab Batman" or "forest gump Batman" look at his leg armor..lol..the Dc Direct Joker kicks the medicoms butt but, then again what doesn't...in any scale.

dctrainer said:
Hey Guys,
I am new to the One Sixth site. I wanted to show you how much potential the DC Dark Knight has for Kit bashing and making him more like a Hot Toys Figure. See PICs. Agreed, out of the box he looks like he's on steroids with a shrunken noggin to boot. I bought this figure to do just that. Quick fix, Remove all armor, flat black paint a 1/6 body of your choice, glue black body mesh directly on to body, cut and refit armor. Looks amazing and has excellent articulation. Dremeled off DC Body's neck post to attach to any other body with ease. Give it a try, easy to fix.
Enjoy,
DC Tampa

dctrainer said:
Hey Guys,
I wanted to address this concern about fabric vs. the new rubber suits.
When I set out o customize my DC Direct to a 1/6 Hot Toys knock off, I wanted extreme articulation for posing. I got just that by using the existing DC Direct Dark Knight Black body suit and just cust at the ankles to fit the Hot Toys Begins boots. All of the DC Direct armor was than just refitted using black elastic bands to hold in place. No armor was guled on so that posing could be done and everything would move the way it should. Before HT remade the Begins suit I use the Original Hot Toys Upper and the Takara lower to get more movement. It worked very well. In fact my Takara/HT hybrid BEgins figure looked identical to the NEW Begins suit using the same idea. Here is the answer to the question. The rubber does not move the same as material. The capes are the right length and pattern but wrong material. I use a black sued like material to get a more realistic looking memeory cloth cape. See PICs of the NEW Dark Knight DC Direct conversion.
I just got the NEW Begins and the sculpt are perfect but the suit does not move as well as material. Might have to be tweaked to fit in that awsome 1/6 Tumbler. I will say this, the suit is not as form fitting as some other versions so it does allow for alot of movement and poses. Seems very durable as well. How it will hold up over time is keeping them out of direct sunlight would be the best way to preserve the 1/6 investments. I hope that gave some good insight as it was a concerns of mine as well.
DC Trainer

Last edited:
When HT's V1 Joker came out, I was not that impressed by the likeness -- especially for $150 bucks -- so instead bought the DCD for about $80. The costume looks pretty good and the likeness was fine for the money.

And then HT released Bank Robber Joker. The likeness makes it the best 1/6 figure released in the history of 1/6 figures so I went ahead and bought one. I'm not skilled at altering clothes but might take a crack at altering the DCD suit and putting it on the Bank Robber.

I've since ordered Harvey Dent and The Godfather without hesitation. Hot Toys is pretty pricey but man, they do some excellent work.

When HT's V1 Joker came out, I was not that impressed by the likeness -- especially for $150 bucks -- so instead bought the DCD for about $80. The costume looks pretty good and the likeness was fine for the money.

And then HT released Bank Robber Joker. The likeness makes it the best 1/6 figure released in the history of 1/6 figures so I went ahead and bought one.
That's funny, I did the same thing. I thought that the V1 was ok but that I could settle for the DCD version. Then Bank Robber Joker came along and I realized how wrong I was. Now I have the V1 and BRJ ordered (just waiting for the 2nd wave of DC Direct Hot Toys shipment).

Those comparison pics show how huge the size difference is. I bought the Joker body loose and I think it's a bit too thin.

I like the joker aswell and have used pieces of his outfit on a custom joker..but I like the idea of transferring the tdk armour to a more in scale figure, Just wish I knew how to

And then HT released Bank Robber Joker. The likeness makes it the best 1/6 figure released in the history of 1/6 figures so I went ahead and bought one.

Same here. :lecture

For those that want to transfer the DCD clothes on a HT body, you could always try shrinking the clothing (although a little dangerous since if you shrink it too much you're out of luck).

LOL, DCD should just quit. Throw in the towel and stop embarrassing themsevles with this shatty product over and over again. It's their license but yet all of their products are always the worst no matter what...busts, statues, figures, they are all laughable and should be melted and made into homes for people that need them.

how do I shrink them?

I am looking into doing this but unsure how to shrink the suits and or even how much to trim off

Last edited:
Back