DC DIRECT: Batman (Justice) 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid about $70 shipped for my Superman Classic and felt that was about right. The $85 or so I'm going to spend on the Kingdom Come Supes and Justice Bats is a tad high in my opinion, but they look like sweet figures so I'm going for it.

That's what I am expecting to pay for the new ones too. The most I have spent on a DCD 13" figure was $50. But I am expecting to pay more for the next couple releases.

The ones I can't find for a good price are Batman and Classic Batman... I can't find either for less than about $100 shipped. Those are the two I really want but I can't see paying that much.

Judging from the prototypes, it looks like DCD has really upped the quality of this line with KC Supes and Bats, so I won't mind paying closer to retail.

$73? Hmmm....might order this outright if that is the price shipped to me too...

Anyone hoping they make a Justice Supes?

Definitely. I just hope they spread these out and mix in some figures people have been wanting for awhile now. Characters like Hawkman, Dr Fate, Firestorm. Maybe by adding Alex Ross inspired figures, these others will finally get done too.

Just preordered the new Batman 13" figure at dcbservice.com. Great shop and great pricing. Ordered the Hot Toys Joker DX and Batman DX with them before. $73.94 including shipping for Bats.

In case anyone is interested:

https://www.dcbservice.com/highlight.aspx?id=1a

I preordered all of my DC Direct 13" figures as well as the Hot Toys Batman DX and Joker DX from DCBService. Their prices are are fantastic and they have great customer service. I kept checking their site for the Justice Batman to go on preorder.
Thanks for the heads up. I have now preordered mine :yess:
Alan

I preordered all of my DC Direct 13" figures as well as the Hot Toys Batman DX and Joker DX from DCBService. Their prices are are fantastic and they have great customer service. I kept checking their site for the Justice Batman to go on preorder.
Thanks for the heads up. I have now preordered mine :yess:
Alan

No problem. I keep checking to see if they are going to presell the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV but no luck yet.

No problem. I keep checking to see if they are going to presell the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV but no luck yet.
That probably won't happen. I think the only reason that they offered the Hot Toys Joker and Batman DX was that it was offered through DC Direct and Diamond shipping.
Alan

Anyone have any other pictures of this figure floating around? It seems a lot to ask to pre-order based on one slightly crappy pic. Alex Ross is my favourite artist but from that shot the headsculpt looks nothing like his art.

Would definately pick up all figures Ross official styled. Recently picked up an extra Flash figure to customize with gold paint over the yellow to "Ross" him up. Already customized a KC Superman for a Justice conversion, and only waiting for my custom chest logo decal to arrive any day now to complete.

Anyone ever cosider modding the first Grey & Black batman since it is obviously Jim Lee inspired? I was thinking of repainting the head, cape, gloves, boots, and trunks blue, but scarring me is the leather cape on the figure. Not sure which tecnique would best work with applying the paint to take without worrying about chipping too much.
Any ideas? Also, the classic Superman figure is perfect for a Jim Lee Superman with a chest decal swap.

Would definately pick up all figures Ross official styled. Recently picked up an extra Flash figure to customize with gold paint over the yellow to "Ross" him up. Already customized a KC Superman for a Justice conversion, and only waiting for my custom chest logo decal to arrive any day now to complete.

Anyone ever cosider modding the first Grey & Black batman since it is obviously Jim Lee inspired? I was thinking of repainting the head, cape, gloves, boots, and trunks blue, but scarring me is the leather cape on the figure. Not sure which tecnique would best work with applying the paint to take without worrying about chipping too much.
Any ideas? Also, the classic Superman figure is perfect for a Jim Lee Superman with a chest decal swap.

Batman like this one?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2833129&postcount=140

:wave

The Flash has much too much of a cartoony face to make a good Ross version. As for Supes, the Lee Supes has the light blue Superman colored suit and the smaller "S" that you'd need before decals. The face needs to be squared more and you'd have something comparable. The first Supes and Bats were both Ross inspired but as we see with Justice Bats there is a huge difference between inspired and a direct capturing

Yeah, I saw that batman on Ebay and almost bought it. I just didn't care for the cloth cape that came with Classic Batman, and like the heavier, bigger cape on the black and grey one.

Was able to grab a MIB Batman on EBay for $50 so the one I have opened is gonna get the blue treatment. I thought of getting the classic batman to canabalize boots and gloves, but matching blues with a paint combo was a concern.

Yeah, Flash has a cartoony face, but the gold with red is the closest we will get unless we get an official announcement from DC Direct.

DC Direct missed the ball on what they could have done with these figures, but seem to be getting on track with KC Superman and Justice Batman. It's up to sales figures if they continue.

Completed my Justice Superman Mod, pics can be seen in the KC Superman 13" thread

Back