DC DIRECT: Batman (Justice) 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer longer ears on my Bats, so I'm considering this. But not until it drops down to, say, $50 bucks.

i'd say if this is about $75 to $80, it'll probably sell like pancakes. but for now, i'm going to have to play the waiting game as big a Batfan i am. disposable income isn't all that easy to come by nowadays.

i initially thought that this was similar to the 1st release black batman version as well, then i saw Michael's review on the previous... at least DCD changed the figure and didn't just do a rehash.

:blackbat

Even though the first one was loosely based on Ross' stylings they decided to go one better along with KC Supes.

bmjustice.jpg

I wonder if this will kick off a full Justice line since it was their most extensive 6" before Blackest Night....

i like bat man i like the gray and black uniform best but i have the first 13" bat man i like that one more but i'd have to see the new one in person to know if i like it or not but i'm not going to spend that kind of money to do that and i don't need two bat men. i have other 13" figures aswell i like them alot.

I'm on the fence about this one. I've hated most of the 13-inch DCD figures--the size irks me and the detail has definitely been lacking on many figures in the line. There were a few exceptions, but they were characters I had lesser interest in, so putting $$ towards them would mean whatever set I made would be lacking major players. Plus, I collect JLU figs hardcore and I have a few DC Direct/DCUC figures of the major heroes and villains, so I just steered clear of the line altogether.

I also think (non-movie) costumed comic heroes are hard to recreate in 1/6. And w/ DCD, we're talking spandex on rigid hard plastic bodies and some have turned out pretty hard to even look at.

The only one I kinda liked was the original blue Batman. I've thought about buying him and hacking him onto a 12-inch wrestler body and repainting him on more than one occasion, but now I have a kick-butt 1/6 Adam West, 1/6 Michael Keaton, and 1/6 Christian Bale Bats, so a generic 12-inch Batman doesn't even seem worth the time now.

But this one has a little more personality to it. DCD has stepped it up a little b/c even though I don't like the constipated look on his face, the detail seems to be much better--and that could be b/c the source material is so good, but I'll give him a 2nd look when he's in hand. I don't think he's $100 figure, but I'd be more inclined to pick him up around the $75 mark.

It would be good to get a few more shots, not sure about the headsculpt from the available picture. Hopefully he'll turn out nice enough to stand with the KC Superman.

Even though the first one was loosely based on Ross' stylings they decided to go one better along with KC Supes.

bmjustice.jpg

I wonder if this will kick off a full Justice line since it was their most extensive 6" before Blackest Night....

A 1/6 scale line based on ross stylings might be good but what figures would they do? And i'd have to start over with my collection not sure i want to go there lol! but it would be interesting to see where they go with this line.

I have a feeling that the new direction that Georg Brewer was referring to might be artist-inspired or at least Ross inspired for a bit. I think there are quite a few people who'd get a Ross Justice League if they did them all and it'd make up for ones that weren't exactly up to par like Wonder Woman.

OK, a couple of things 1st. Are we sure that Ross is the longest DCD line? Or is it Sups/Bats line. I have all of them but never took the time to count & now my collection is in storage so I can't confirm.

Next is this size issue so many seem to have with this line. Now I won't even get into my understanding of size vs scale cause that will take us all off topic. But what boggles me so much is DCD started this line with the package stating that the figs are 13"! & even if we don't all agree on scale we can at least agree the the adult male buck are indeed 13", right? & it wasn't until the 18th or so installment of the line did DCD switch over to calling the figs 1:6, at which time fan on forums far & wide were already in full DCD 13" size bashing mode.

So why do so many of you bash the size of this line as if you were lied to or something?? Even if you don't agree with me over my concept of scale or what DCD calls 1:6, its not like the size of these figs snuck up on you. & let's not forget that DCD is almost 40 characters deep in to this line at their current size. For them to suddenly switch to an inch shorter would crash the whole line to hell.

How ever I will admit that they could stand to start making the teen buck about 3/4 of an inch shorter with out disturbing the main line.

& as for quality........people for the $70 most of us are able to get them at, I think they are fairly priced. Its nuts to expect Hot Toy quality for only $70. Don't you want to be paid a wage that your job is worth??

well ok then.

OK, a couple of things 1st. Are we sure that Ross is the longest DCD line? Or is it Sups/Bats line. I have all of them but never took the time to count & now my collection is in storage so I can't confirm.

Justice is up to 8. I believe Sups/Bats is up to 6. Blackest Night will match Justice with series 8...

They both stick with four at release, I believe.... Unless you are confusing the Sups/Bats McGuinness stylings which have spilled into JLA Classified and are considered a different line. Georg Brewer in Toyfare 150 said that the longest running line has been Alex Ross' Justice for DCD and that BN is posed to pass it.

I have a feeling that the new direction that Georg Brewer was referring to might be artist-inspired or at least Ross inspired for a bit. I think there are quite a few people who'd get a Ross Justice League if they did them all and it'd make up for ones that weren't exactly up to par like Wonder Woman.

I think that many of the current DC Direct 13" figures have already used Alex Ross for the inspiration:
ShazamAlexRossPoster_BIG.jpg
13%20in%20CM.jpg

aquaman_ross.jpg
5628_a_full.jpg

Personally I am a fan of Alex Ross art and I will be purchasing the 13" Justice Batman.
Alan

Last edited:
The line was definitely inspired by Alex Ross especially if you look at the first couple of releases but now I think they are going for full 3D interpretation

couple of corrections. 1st Sups/Bats ended at wave 7 not 6. & 2nd just cause McGuinnis designed for the Sups/Bats line it does not mean those figs are not part of the Sups/Bats line. I mean they ARE packaged in Sups/Bats packageing.

Also only the last 3 waves of Sups/Bats were limited to only 4 figs. Maybe if I get bored enough I'll count how many are in each line & see who the real winner is.

It really doesn't matter, honestly its nerds arguing for the sake of arguing especially since the topic is the Alex Ross 1:6 Justice Batman figure. Brewer went on the record saying that Justice was the longest running line and whether he is correct or not, just restating what the head honcho of DC Direct is allowing himself to be quoted saying in a nationally publicated magazine. Honestly I could give a ____ whether Superman/Batman or Justice ran longer, my point was simply that I think that this is where the line is going for a while, from Alex Ross inspired to Alex Ross 3D representation.

I like this new Batman!

I also hate the scale of the DCD figures. The Dark Knight Joker figure I bought looked like he was on stilts.:slap

I would enjoy getting these for customizing if they would be alot cheaper. Rorshach is still $110 at my local BAM.

I just think pricing has gotten out-of-control in general in the 1:6 market, I can't see these figures costing more than $50.

I like this new Batman!

I also hate the scale of the DCD figures. The Dark Knight Joker figure I bought looked like he was on stilts.:slap

I would enjoy getting these for customizing if they would be alot cheaper. Rorshach is still $110 at my local BAM.

I just think pricing has gotten out-of-control in general in the 1:6 market, I can't see these figures costing more than $50.

I paid about $70 shipped for my Superman Classic and felt that was about right. The $85 or so I'm going to spend on the Kingdom Come Supes and Justice Bats is a tad high in my opinion, but they look like sweet figures so I'm going for it.

Back