DC Direct 1:4 Scale Museum Quality Batman Incorporated Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it wasn't for the "bat cup" I would have bought one at "full price". But with the cup, I want it half off . . . the price that is. ;)

Just received this today... Don't miss out on this statue if your a Batman collector. Don't be mislead by bad pics, or perceptions from folks who don't own it, haven't seen it, or just aren't into non SSC statues. This is probably the best DC Direct 1/4 Scale so far IMO...:) If your thinking of getting Bats, or are on the fence about buying this one.. DO IT, you won't be sorry... This Batman 1/4 scale is GREAT!!!!! There is a seller on ebay and they have 2 more for $289.00 shipped US.

If I didn't have the SSC PF on PO or if it wasn't coming it for a few years I would but this one. It does look VERY nice in person.

If I didn't have the SSC PF on PO or if it wasn't coming it for a few years I would but this one. It does look VERY nice in person.

It sure does Spidey, if you change your mind you won't regret it.. I don't say that too often so call me impressed...:)

If SSC can avoid any QC issues theirs will rival this, if not take it when it comes to the quality of the fabric and the pose. However, this piece is awesome in its own right. It is highly underrated in the same way the Captain America Movie PF is.

Agreed, and for the record I'm awaiting the SSC Batman EX PF and can't wait... That and the HT 1/4 scale Batman will most likely be my 2013 Batman gets....:) I still have to pick up the Joker PF at some point!

Just received this today... Don't miss out on this statue if your a Batman collector. Don't be mislead by bad pics, or perceptions from folks who don't own it, haven't seen it, or just aren't into non SSC statues. This is probably the best DC Direct 1/4 Scale so far IMO...:) If your thinking of getting Bats, or are on the fence about buying this one.. DO IT, you won't be sorry... This Batman 1/4 scale is GREAT!!!!! There is a seller on ebay and they have 2 more for $289.00 shipped US.

I have to agree that the pics out there of this piece do not do it justice compared to in person. Theres one at my LCS and man, it is cool in person.

I have to agree that the pics out there of this piece do not do it justice compared to in person. Theres one at my LCS and man, it is cool in person.

It's been getting some great comments in my collection.. Since it's holiday time, I've had a lot of family and friends by and this one keeps getting a thumbs up. There have no negative comments.

It's been getting some great comments in my collection.. Since it's holiday time, I've had a lot of family and friends by and this one keeps getting a thumbs up. There have no negative comments.

When I was looking at this I was actually shocked at how bad MOST of the photos just fall short. I am glad you are happy dude.

I also agree that the in hand pictures of this statue turned out to be pretty awesome. Currently, I have the first MQ Batman and thought the cape and costume was pretty well done. I wish the base had a little more detail but I guess if I really wanted too I could get it touched up.
As far as the SS piece goes, we still need to see inhand pics (even though they pre-production pics looks great) to be able to properly judge. Especially with last minute changes that occur on other statues.

This statue has several things about it that make it superior to what we've seen of the SSC PF (e.g. cape, cowl, pose, base) but the bat cup was the deal breaker for me. Still if I could get it cheap . . .

This statue has several things about it that make it superior to what we've seen of the SSC PF (e.g. cape, cowl, pose, base) but the bat cup was the deal breaker for me. Still if I could get it cheap . . .

I don't think there is anything special about a base that is nothing more than rubble. While a gargoyle base has been done to death with Batman, IMHO there is no denying how great it looks on the SSC Bats PF. It fits the character.

The pile of rubble makes it look like Batman is doing something, investigating the scene of a crime, trailing a criminal, etc. That fits the character.

The gargoyle has, as you say, been done to death in statues (I counted at least half a dozen of them one time) and on paper and serves only to make Batman look like he's standing around trying to look cool which doesn't fit the character at all.

The pile of rubble makes it look like Batman is doing something, investigating the scene of a crime, trailing a criminal, etc. That fits the character.

The gargoyle has, as you say, been done to death in statues (I counted at least half a dozen of them one time) and on paper and serves only to make Batman look like he's standing around trying to look cool which doesn't fit the character at all.

Again, I disagree. How many times have we seen Bats crouched or standing on a rooftop surveying a situation just before he jumps in to action? Rooftops and gargoyles are common scenes in both the comics and movies. Much more so than a pile of rubble. That is why gargoyles are done to death and rubble is not with Bats. It fits his character more. And while gargoyles have been done to death with this character, no gargoyle base comes close to the level of detail and the sheer awesomeness of the SSC PFs base. As I said, this is my opinion, no one is right or wrong. It just boils down to what we prefer. I'll take the gargoyle over the rubble any day of the week. Especially when it looks as good as the PFs.

Not to sound like the voice of reason... Because I don't fit the bill:cuckoo:... But they are both great statues... Does one really have to be better then the other??

Not to sound like the voice of reason... Because I don't fit the bill:cuckoo:... But they are both great statues... Does one really have to be better then the other??

I actually think the DC statue looks pretty cool. I'm not knocking it at all. I can certainly understand why someone would pick it up. I just think the base on SSC's PF looks better than a bunch of rubble. As I said, there is no right or wrong stance here. It's all a matter of preference.

Back