Premium Format DC Direct 1:4 Scale Catwoman Museum Quality Statue Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That AH! Catwoman art is one of my favorites :D and it's DCD's loss if they limited themselves to small scale statues.

The scale of the DCD Cover Girls statues are perfect. Most of the SS stuff is way too big and needlessly so.

Anyone realize how Batcentric this line is? We've got:

-Superman
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
-Green Lantern Hal Jordan
-The Joker
-Harley Quinn
-Catwoman

Literally the rumors of The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman have been swirling since Wondy...yet more Bat characters....

I wonder if Robin is next :lol

-Superman
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
-The Joker
-Harley Quinn
-Catwoman

Literally the rumors of The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman have been swirling since Wondy...yet more Bat characters....

That is why I am losing interests in this line. First, that 1:4 scale Superman is the most ugly piece ever. Second, I want to have Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman, but knowing DCD, I doubt they will make them and they will move to other characters from Batman. I hope they will make Darkseid and Doomsday.... I hope

-Superman
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
-The Joker
-Harley Quinn
-Catwoman

Have you seen the 1/2 bust line? The majority are bat characters there too.

That is why I am losing interests in this line. First, that 1:4 scale Superman is the most ugly piece ever. Second, I want to have Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman, but knowing DCD, I doubt they will make them and they will move to other characters from Batman. I hope they will make Darkseid and Doomsday.... I hope

You'll never see those characters from DCD. They don't have the balls. Prove me wrong DCD, I double dog dare ya.

You'll never see those characters from DCD. They don't have the balls. Prove me wrong DCD, I double dog dare ya.

I believe you, my friend. It is sad that DCD won't produce other characters besides Superman, WW, Batman, GL. I hope things will change in the future. :pray:

Since GL movie coming up, I hope DCD will make us a 1:4 scale Sinestro statue in Sinestro Corps outfit.

Maybe when the new superman movie hits we'll see a change in the DCD collectibles area meaning a change from all Batman to more superman related characters

You would think but they haven't exactly switched gears to GL. We saw 1:2 busts for both main characters in TDK and The Joker was heavily rumored for their 1/4 statues but never materialized.

I have a feeling if and this is a big IF the GL movie is a success (It won't be a TDK success but that was a perfect storm) then you'll see some GL product really take off since it feels like a lot of licensees are waiting for audience reaction on product. My guess is after Superman Returns they'll be watching to see if the Snyder Superman is a hit first and then hit us with product both film and comic.

The Batman heavy presence is because people went gaga for all things Batman after TDK, the other characters will have to hit that kind of reaction to be centralized.

A 1/4 Alan Scott, Sinestro, Kyle Rayner were all rumored at one point by people "in the know" on other boards but nothing ever happened.

I love the scale of the Cover Girls and I agree that the scale is perfect or rather near perfect.

I like 1/4 scale statues so I disagree with them being "needlessly big".

I'd agree that the PF/Museum Quality have to be 1/4 (or bigger) because of the mixed media; the stitching etc. doesn't scale down very well, so in that case, the bigger the better.

For straight statues though, 1/4 is too big for a series since there's almost no way to display many of them together unless you devote an entire room of your mansion to do so. :D

Personally I would loved for the Cover Girls line to have been 1/4 or at least 1/5. If a company really takes their time, the larger scale the piece, the more complex and the more intricate you can get with them.

As for the current line, they all look fantastic, arguably DCD's best statue line but until they come out with something GL, I'm holding out.

A 1/4 Alan Scott, Sinestro, Kyle Rayner were all rumored at one point by people "in the know" on other boards but nothing ever happened.

That is too bad, Mike! I want 1:4 scale statues for Alan Scott, Sinestro, Kyle Rayner! They will look awesome next to Hal Jordan 1:4 piece.

If the GL film is a hit, then you'll see at minimum Sinestro probably in Sin Corps uniform but Alan, Kyle probably hoop dreams at this point.

I'd agree that the PF/Museum Quality have to be 1/4 (or bigger) because of the mixed media; the stitching etc. doesn't scale down very well, so in that case, the bigger the better.

For straight statues though, 1/4 is too big for a series since there's almost no way to display many of them together unless you devote an entire room of your mansion to do so. :D

:lol Oh definitely! My two bedroom mansion just won't cut it! :lol

If the GL film is a hit, then you'll see at minimum Sinestro probably in Sin Corps uniform but Alan, Kyle probably hoop dreams at this point.

I will take the Sinestro Crops Sinestro 1:4 scale statue any day! It will go nicely with Hal.

I hope the new Superman movie will be a hit and DC Direct will make a 1:4 scale Darkseid statue with light-up omega beam eyes! That will be a grail :pray::pray:

I think a PF/Museum Quality of this version of Darkseid will look very menacing and awesome:

1487695-action_comics_annual_13.jpg

I really like the DC 1/4 line.. I have Bats, Joker, and GL.. I'll also get Harley.. but this Catwoman is absolutely off putting. I'm really not trying to be mean, but that face and the lame pose just kill this...not to mention the simple bat signal base... I see this sitting on warehouse shelves and ebay for years to come. I hope there will be some major changes before production.. I've not read anything good about this statue yet...:( Even the whip just hangs there.. There's no sex appeal to this iconic feline at all.. not to mention any movement to the piece.. it just all vertical... if DC Direct is going to give us the Batman rouges gallery give it to us.. not this...please.

I've loved most of the DCD 1/4 Museum pieces too, but I'm not interested in the Catwoman piece either. I thought the Superman statue in this line was a fail, and now I would say Catwoman will be a close second (I highly doubt there will be any changes to the piece at this point).

I agree, wishful wanting on my part.. it's such a great character and it could have been outstanding with a bit more design planning before the sculpting or digital sculpting phase began.. what a waste...:(

Back