Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a clear cast resin mould of the original base that has been airbrushed to create a snow/ice effect isn't different to the blue base it comes with? pfff

No point in arguing this, I agree with you, YOU bought it, it's YOURS so do what YOU want with it.

And also I think what you want to do with the base, and with the other one posted here is pretty dam awesome.

Really it's the selling of the base that's an issue. Trying to make money. If you modify your own in some way that's fine. Enjoy it.

So what? I bought the statue from SS and chose to customise it by creating something different.

If you creat something "different" is the key point here. A recast is a recast no mater how you cut it, BUT if you are not looking to make any more then you aren't really crossing the ETHICAL line of selling them to others. The issue of which would be you ineffect copying the work of an artist without paying them in and effort to make a profit. The other one that is floating around is being sold by a guy, and it is a shoddy copy with air bubbles filling it that weakens the structure:

I see no difference in someone copying an artist work and artists who make a statue and/or custom head sculpt of a character they don't own the IP rights for (or get a license to use).... technically both are stealing.... now if your just customizing your own statue and not selling them then your fine... it's when money comes into play that laws are broken.... weather or not the IP holder goes after anyone is another story...

For example if Spidey976 ever sold any of his custom heads he made then he would of crossed that ethical line and technically broke the law....

That all said, I have never bought a recast and never will as I worry about the quality of it... but I have bought a custom portrait and a custom statue before... so I guess in the grand scheme of things I'm not innocent either...

Kept myself from purchasing this on the original run due to the whole "lean" issue but after seeing the latest pics I'm in, should get mine in April. :)

That's my review. I've just started doing reviews and post them to a local facebook group of collector's in my area.

Very nice Supes. I can't wait for mine to come in. So you stated there's a new positioning of the base pegs to decrease any leaning issues. Are the new holes on the base placed a little forward than the original batches?

I based that comment on a written review on another message board from someone that owned both versions. To me the positioning feels sturdy and well balanced.

I don't say it enough but this piece has two of the BEST headsculpts of any piece out there.... so perfect. Something to aspire to for sure.

Back