Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. I've had Supes and Bats ship to me from SSC's 1st batch and have had zero leaning issues. I also like the colors used on the 1st few batches of Supes. The red is too dark for me personally on these new Supes PFS.

Karnis, seriously digging your pic Bro. :hi5:

And I prefer the NEW Superman paint on the PF to the old though. To each their own. He looks great and pretty much the same though. I don't see a huge difference and if you have either one, he's still a winner.

And I prefer the NEW Superman paint on the PF to the old though. To each their own. He looks great and pretty much the same though. I don't see a huge difference and if you have either one, he's still a winner.

No doubt. I'm not saying the new PF looks bad or inferior. I just like the brighter shade of red personally. Supes is a character I see as full of hope and does everything to the highest standards. I like to leave the darker colors for characters like Bats. I just think it fits better. However, as you said, to each their own.

No doubt. I'm not saying the new PF looks bad or inferior. I just like the brighter shade of red personally. Supes is a character I see as full of hope and does everything to the highest standards. I like to leave the darker colors for characters like Bats. I just think it fits better. However, as you said, to each their own.

First run elite :lecture

Myeyes really arent what they used to be, but apart from Supes supposedly having a different colored cape/boots combo....does it appear the fleshtones are more detailed or less? Looks more detailed to me. Maybe they are trying to up the ante on quality to get the runs finished?

I've seen some of the newer batch in person as of today. Here's the skinny;

The flesh paint apps are far and away a vast improvement. Apparently the resin upgrade is the "smooth on" type resin used by makers of resin kits like King Kong's Model mansion. It takes paint easier and it keeps a great color. Superman's flesh looks like something Hot Toys would paint as opposed to what it looked like before, with varying degrees of hues and imperfections that we all have... instead of a flat, even statue/mannequin appearance. The veins in Superman's hands have a look that appears to be actual veins. Faint but realistically noticeable underscored blue. It looks like silicone to be honest and its very impressive. The eyes are remarkably high gloss and actually look wet.

The base has more white at the top and more blue at the bottom as opposed to earlier releases. It is coated with a gloss clear coat that is quite nice and thick. Protecting the paint better than the previous flat and somewhat chalky finish first run. Of the two I saw, one had a cape that was painted extremely dark red, and the other had a cape that looked exactly like the EX version first run, with dark red and bright red hi-lights. Boots are noticeably darker, but have brighter red high lights.

As for re-postioning...I don't think it has to do with foot placement. But the body does appear to be "torso forward" a smidge more than my ex. So they must have been paying attention to those who reported limbo versions of Supes on their shelves.

Even if you don't like the choice of red hue, SSC definitely listened to the griping of the folks who had issues with theirs first time out. I see this as an improvement. Easily worth an extra 50 clams. If you don't have one, even though it wouldn't be an exclusive, its an exceptional piece, and the upgrades help ease the pain of not having the heat vision head methinks. There you have an eye witness account of the first run EX vs. The newer version. If they use the same type of resin/paint app on the new Wonder Woman batch coming in July....there's gonna be a lot of folks who waited awhile and missed out on the EX who are going to be extremely happy. Later.

Wow, thanks for that thorough review of the new batch. Man, it makes me want to get one. I thought the paint on the face of the new one pictured for the Sideshow website looks so much better, almost like how Enterbay paints their quarter scale figures and it's great to hear that it does look as good in person.

IMG_0282-1.jpg

Busy last few days, but wanted to post a few more pics of the new batch of the Superman PF. Flawless statue, that I am really happy to have in my collection. I've never seen one of the original batch in person, but I would recommend anyone thinking about buying this to do it, its perfect!

Back