Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10570456_10153082949354768_2757916300062249625_n.jpg1380758_10153082949494768_7380044093183095026_n.jpg10579989_10153082982379768_7192726453213226361_n.jpg

It's funny, but I had an Ex. Spidey and regular Spidey (Olivetti), and they wouldn't fit in the others' base, despite the only obvious differences being text on the base and the print. Black Label, the answer they gave you is unsurprising to me. If I were you, unless you are really married to the ex. head, I would just send it back for a refund and get a regular instead, and roll the dice again. You can try to negotiate, but in my experience once they've made a ruling, no matter how absurd it may seem (and I've heard a lot worse than what they told you for issues that obviously required resolution), they don't really change their stance on it.

Tell then you'll wait for the regulars to land in their warehouse and that one of those replacements will suffice just fine. Sorry to hear this man. I'd be just as pissed as you. Not cool

i spoke to a manager just now. he was a really nice guy. we had a good conversation and he is going to try and get me a new body. im keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen.

It's funny, but I had an Ex. Spidey and regular Spidey (Olivetti), and they wouldn't fit in the others' base, despite the only obvious differences being text on the base and the print. Black Label, the answer they gave you is unsurprising to me. If I were you, unless you are really married to the ex. head, I would just send it back for a refund and get a regular instead, and roll the dice again. You can try to negotiate, but in my experience once they've made a ruling, no matter how absurd it may seem (and I've heard a lot worse than what they told you for issues that obviously required resolution), they don't really change their stance on it.

yes, i thought about that, and if it doesnt work out, i will do that. but, i really am in love with these red eyes. :)

I originally emailed Daniel, but had my email returned by Belen. Then I called and spoke to her and asked for a manager. I spoke to a man named Mike. He was sympathetic to my situation and I sent him the picture directly. He said he would try to locate me a new body and to give him 48 hrs. He said he would get back to me. So, at least they are showing effort. God knows I spend enough loot with them. As we all do.....

Im just surprised they had no replacements handy.

I also offered to keep the EX items and send it back for a refund, then order and REG. He said that would screw up edition numbers and he couldnt in good conscience offer that as an option.

yes, i thought about that, and if it doesnt work out, i will do that. but, i really am in love with these red eyes. :)

I originally emailed Daniel, but had my email returned by Belen. Then I called and spoke to her and asked for a manager. I spoke to a man named Mike. He was sympathetic to my situation and I sent him the picture directly. He said he would try to locate me a new body and to give him 48 hrs. He said he would get back to me. So, at least they are showing effort. God knows I spend enough loot with them. As we all do.....

Im just surprised they had no replacements handy.

I also offered to keep the EX items and send it back for a refund, then order and REG. He said that would screw up edition numbers and he couldnt in good conscience offer that as an option.
I'm glad they could help. Let's hope they can get you that body man. Godspeed

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

anyone receive their superman with all these small silver/clear thread/strand? seems to be all over my statue/cape etc. looks like small flakes of metal or something that looks like what they use to make carbon fiber.

Don't know why my comment was deleted. I think I made some valid points about issues some of us have with Sideshow, specifically them running out of replacement parts so early and shipping in batches months apart. It's not really fair to those of us who just got them or are still waiting (*raises hand). This piece seems to have turned out really well and QC is good on most of them so far, so I don't understand why the replacement parts are so few. That is why the process with Sideshow CS can be frustrating sometimes, probably through no fault of the CS representatives though.

Last edited:
Pretty much always has been. Talking to them via email and chat they seem less responsive. Put a voice on the phone and generally you get better results.

Word... This is why you don't use the stupid "LET'S CHAT ONLINE" option when trying to convey anger with your internet service provider *off topic rant* :lol

Anyways I find this whole situation kind of weird for a couple of reasons
1. No replacements... seriously? Especially considering how easy these things break
2. Why doesn't/wouldn't the EX body fit on an reg base? Only the heads are different... :dunno

Well I hope the situation gets cleared up. If you're anything like me, even the tiniest of flaws I fixate on, probably because I have undiagnosed OCD or something, hahaha.

Word... This is why you don't use the stupid "LET'S CHAT ONLINE" option when trying to convey anger with your internet service provider *off topic rant* :lol

Anyways I find this whole situation kind of weird for a couple of reasons
1. No replacements... seriously? Especially considering how easy these things break
2. Why doesn't/wouldn't the EX body fit on an reg base? Only the heads are different... :dunno

Well I hope the situation gets cleared up. If you're anything like me, even the tiniest of flaws I fixate on, probably because I have undiagnosed OCD or something, hahaha.

Yeah that doesn't make sense, honestly it sometimes is for policy reasons within a company. I see people pull that **** at my job all the time, which is ****ing stupid, but I do what I can.

Also notice SS saying that, as I have heard from them that King Hulk is a variant to the GH, but now some of those things don't fit? I don't get it? Its the same damn thing aint it?

Well it sucks people are still waiting for this, honestly with situations like these, company has to offer some sort of compensation as they have the item listed as available, not delayed.

I had problems fitting my batman replacement body onto the base. A slight misalignment by even 1mm can cause the piece to fit incorrectly.

I had problems fitting my batman replacement body onto the base. A slight misalignment by even 1mm can cause the piece to fit incorrectly.
Yeah but then you just get the lube out...oh we're talking about statues. Yeah that can be a *****

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Is anyone putting Batman n Superman into IKEA DETOLF?
I manage to put sup into detolf, but I just wondering if Batman will fit there too?

Is anyone putting Batman n Superman into IKEA DETOLF?
I manage to put sup into detolf, but I just wondering if Batman will fit there too?

Even if it fit, I wouldn't recommend putting those in there without reinforcing the glass panels...

Back