Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed...not a big fan of the base...particularly the size of the footprint...seems like it might be very unstable when displaying

That's what they said about The Wolfman PF and he's been stable and in great condition since 2005. I wouldn't worry about the stability of this PF, polystone usually always holds up very well over time. Can't wait to get this guy, I even like it more than Batman. :wave

That's what they said about The Wolfman PF and he's been stable and in great condition since 2005. I wouldn't worry about the stability of this PF, polystone usually always holds up very well over time.
i think you might have misunderstood what i meant by footprint :)...the Wolfman PF has a very low/fairly flat/ fairly wide base...therefore it's "footprint" is very stable (won't tip over easily)
i get the exact opposite feeling when looking at the Supes PF...it's base is taller than it is wide (small footprint)...here's hoping that the base is VERY heavy...maybe that will increase it's stability when displayed

i for one would prefer to see SSC change it up a bit to something more like the Hot Toys Reeve base
same pose as the prototype obviously...but with a bit flatter/wider base and higher ice crystals jetting up around him

just my 2 Canadian cents :)

I'd rather have light up eyes, or both, why not be greedy, its superman after all.

i think you might have misunderstood what i meant by footprint :)...the Wolfman PF has a very low/fairly flat/ fairly wide base...therefore it's "footprint" is very stable (won't tip over easily)
i get the exact opposite feeling when looking at the Supes PF...it's base is taller than it is wide (small footprint)...here's hoping that the base is VERY heavy...maybe that will increase it's stability when displayed

i for one would prefer to see SSC change it up a bit to something more like the Hot Toys Reeve base
same pose as the prototype obviously...but with a bit flatter/wider base and higher ice crystals jetting up around him

Thor had a light base that was triangular so this will be just fine.

Thor had a light base that was triangular so this will be just fine.
i have the Thor so i did a very rough measurement of the base...approx 8.5 inches deep/10 inches wide/9 inches high
my Cap PF beside him is approx 9.5/9.5
so even though Thor's base is high, it still has a pretty large footprint to compensate for it

i have no way of measuring Supes obviously, but after looking at the proto pics, i'll wager his base is not nearly as wide...i'll guess about 7 inches ?
btw...has anyone posted a pic of this piece from the back ?...don't recall any SCDD pics that showed the back end...if someone could find one could you please post it here...i'd really like to see how deep the base is...
Supes' cape (sculpted) reaches much farther out than Thor's as well...which means there will be much more weight on Supes' left side

i'm probably nitpicking :)...but the design of this base worries me

thorPF.jpg
supermanpf.jpg

I agree with those that don't love the base, I'd like to see something a little (lots) bigger, regardless I will order this.

At the end of the day the base won't matter. We will order this like sheep's to the slaughter

Superman's base looks a lot like Thor's, there seems to be more too it on the side of the back foot out of view.

The blue material is what they shouldve used on colossus PF....

Well from another fellow Canadian, I see your point. :wave I am getting the feeling though that SS (much like The Wolfman PF base) will makes Supes base very solid and heavy unlike many other PF bases that seem hollow. I think they would have to design it that way to make the height and weight of the figure get enough support. Er... well at least here's hoping that they design him the right way. :pray: :rotfl

Back