Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a good feeling that we will se something in tomorrow's newsletter!:nana::nana:

Unfortunately I think we have another month and half or so to wait.:(

On the bright side my wallet is healing nicely from it's SDCC wounds.

Yeah word Josh.

I've got Dutch in a few weeks but he has only got one Flexpay left then Freddy PF in Oct. I guess there will also be the Supes NRD when he goes up for PO but that will be 2012 for me. 2013 is looking like a big one though! Batman, Supes and Master Chief PFs already for me!

PS - I think my Chubbs .gif eased the tension ITT, just sayin'.

Yup. I'm in the same boat. The only thing I have on PO for this year is Arthas. Everything else I have on PO will be showing up in 2013. Hell, if they delay Arthas one more time, even that piece won't ship until next year. This is a nice break in the action.

the only reason why you or anyone else feels that way is because comic geeks cant let go of the past. they want something new but something "similar" to what they know and love. finding that threshold is like finding the end of a rainbow. it's just a bunch of bs and reason for geeks to ***** and moan.

all the old school artists that you guys speak of...yeah they may have great storytelling abilities or reshaped the industry (in their time), but you compare their art to some artists now and it is just retarded how you can say their art is better. it's basically like archie comics type of art that you hold so highly. :lol laughable.

Nope. We just want Superman. And Superman wears red trunks and isn't a moody 20something. If one wants to read about that kind of character, a moody 20something character with super powers, fine. Write an original comic about that. Similar things have been done before and done very well, e.g. want a gay Superman, then read Apollo from the Authority.

As for artist, John Byrne and Neil Adams could and do draw better than 99% of the younger artists currently working, Jim Lee included. In fact, I bet if you asked the currently working artists, they'd tell you the same thing.

Yeah word Josh.

I've got Dutch in a few weeks but he has only got one Flexpay left then Freddy PF in Oct. I guess there will also be the Supes NRD when he goes up for PO but that will be 2012 for me. 2013 is looking like a big one though! Batman, Supes and Master Chief PFs already for me!

PS - I think my Chubbs .gif eased the tension ITT, just sayin'.

:rotfl I don't know I honestly could go on about Art and technical aspects of it for hours but that's not what these guys are talking about so I just shut up.

Yup. I'm in the same boat. The only thing I have on PO for this year is Arthas. Everything else I have on PO will be showing up in 2013. Hell, if they delay Arthas one more time, even that piece won't ship until next year. This is a nice break in the action.

Yep All my stuff is coming Next year. Ivy, Batman and I have Storm Waitlisted.

As for the Supes PF, I cannot wait and think SS did an incredible job on him. Sure, they may want to touch up the base a little IMO but the Superman PF sculpt is amazing. Either way, it's a win for me.

wish i could say the same, still burning a whole thru my wallet, thats what i get for getting late into the game!

I was reading this tread and I didn't see anyone mention Micheal Tuner's Superman art I really enjoy his Superman. Not saying he is the best or trying to debate about it with anyone just thought I'd throw his name in the pot and share what I liked. :)

I like turner's style overall, his women portraits are beautiful, I prefer a little more curves but overall his style is one of my favs.

Back