Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, well, I don't know about that. I'm only into 2 or 3 titles, but from a conceptual standpoint I absolutely love Superman's new outfit. And that's the only thing that matters [to me] when it comes to purchasing a statue. I'm not immortalizing the story or an arc, but the character.

For the same reason, I'm getting the Modern Thor PF even though I abhor the recent direction Marvel has taken with the character.

Marvel isn't any better these days

Oh, well, I don't know about that. I'm only into 2 or 3 titles, but from a conceptual standpoint I absolutely love Superman's new outfit. And that's the only thing that matters [to me] when it comes to purchasing a statue. I'm not immortalizing the story or an arc, but the character.

For the same reason, I'm getting the Modern Thor PF even though I abhor the recent direction Marvel has taken with the character.

New 52 has been great, sure a couple stinkers but sure as hell beats the state of the previous continuity.

And it's been getting consistently better, it already spawned some story arcs that can compete with the oldies.

As far as Thor, if you mean female Thor, it will be temporary, but Thor God of Thunder has to be among the best Thor runs EVER, which is why I'm giving "Unworthy Thor" a shot, I'll probably see what's up with female Thor since I believe it's the same creative team from God of Thunder.

But the whole thing of naming a female character "Thor" is beyond stupid, but comicbooks through out history don't lack stupid, people just like to pretend old = better.

New 52 has been great, sure a couple stinkers but sure as hell beats the state of the previous continuity.

And it's been getting consistently better, it already spawned some story arcs that can compete with the oldies.

As far as Thor, if you mean female Thor, it will be temporary, but Thor God of Thunder has to be among the best Thor runs EVER, which is why I'm giving "Unworthy Thor" a shot, I'll probably see what's up with female Thor since I believe it's the same creative team from God of Thunder.

But the whole thing of naming a female character "Thor" is beyond stupid, but comicbooks through out history don't lack stupid, people just like to pretend old = better.

God of Thunder was a GREAT book. To be honest, it was my favorite book every month. Not going to pick up the new book. Same writer but Ribic is not on the book and I never liked subs filling in for the characters I'm reading. I would have given it a try if they just would have stuck with the main character.

It's awesome that's what's going on.

Haha I only like Artgerm's interpretation. It just seems so impractical. I mean yes Barbara is flexible and can probably avoid damage, but damn during Gail's run she was all hand to hand. She needs armor imo. I mean I guess impractical is useless in comics, otherwise we wouldn't have black widow in heels.

Haha I only like Artgerm's interpretation. It just seems so impractical. I mean yes Barbara is flexible and can probably avoid damage, but damn during Gail's run she was all hand to hand. She needs armor imo. I mean I guess impractical is useless in comics, otherwise we wouldn't have black widow in heels.

Man that was spandex that they tried to pass as armor :lol spandex is even less practical, I'm glad they're going the whole "DIY" teenager route on Barbara, taking cues from Kamala's Miss Marvel.

I haven't been keeping up with Batgirl, only the crossover issues, but I believe there's a reason for her wardrobe change, like Batman cut her off or something so she's forced to make herself a new outfit.

Last edited:

True, I know it's temporary; I'll be back as soon as he has Mjolnir again.

I finally received #1762 after about 6 months of waiting, and I am literally grinning from ear to ear now that I finally have him in my clutches. He just looks stoic, powerful, and majestic. He's exactly how I pictured Superman should be. The mixed media is done well and the sculpted cape gives him such an imposing presence. I'm so happy to have stuck it out as he was sooo worth the wait!

I did have a couple of issues on mine to watch out for. First, I had to use a few felt pads underneath the base because mine was a bit unstable. Also, the armpits on my PF has a couple of folds that I can't seem to straighten out. But it is nowhere near as bad as my Batman PF was out of the box.

Putting the cape on was pretty straightforward. Covering both tips with tissue helped me out. But removing the cape to change the head sculpt was a real *****! So do be careful! I do have a question about the cape. Has anyone managed to align the peg so it sits deeper into the hole? It doesn't quite sit like it does on the instruction sheet on mine. I feel like I can wiggle it down some more, but I'd risk streaking the bottom edges of the exposed flesh coloured traps area.

Overall, I think Sideshow hit it out of the park with this one! Gotta thank Josh again for keeping a lot of us in the last batch informed when we didn't even hear a peep from SS. He's worth the wait buddy! The World's Finest is finally together and I already have a spot reserved for a certain Amazonian warrior princess. Anyone have suggestions for art prints or posters to go with Diana? Ideally I was thinking of Bolland's classic cover from WW #72 but I think it is out of print.

My current set up. I originally planned to display the Trinity in bestas, but I decided to nix that idea for a more open space.

DSC_0539_zpsfb2b6903.jpg

DSC_0549_zps17c8c2ec.jpg

DSC_0560_zps2debd39b.jpg

DSC_0575_zps89a922fb.jpg

DSC_0587_zpsdddac0b1.jpg

DSC_0590_zps0a8b5412.jpg

DSC_0611_zps66d88168.jpg

DSC_0619_zpsf6edf6b9.jpg

DSC_0624_zps2fbc9292.jpg

adda6e1c-433e-4db8-bd1b-4a2fe67919c0_zps9341c423.jpg

Man that was spandex that they tried to pass as armor :lol spandex is even less practical, I'm glad they're going the whole "DIY" teenager route on Barbara, taking cues from Kamala's Miss Marvel.

I haven't been keeping up with Batgirl, only the crossover issues, but I believe there's a reason for her wardrobe change, like Batman cut her off or something so she's forced to make herself a new outfit.

Yeah I wait for TPD, so I haven't been too up to date. If that is the case of her being cut off it makes sense, but it just has that dorky spider-man spin. Besides I don't like the new art style. Only style I do enjoy is the wonder woman series.

and yeah but spandex is the super sexy brother :lol

I mean she had some armor plates....somewhere :monkey3

Yeah I wait for TPD, so I haven't been too up to date. If that is the case of her being cut off it makes sense, but it just has that dorky spider-man spin. Besides I don't like the new art style. Only style I do enjoy is the wonder woman series.

and yeah but spandex is the super sexy brother :lol

I mean she had some armor plates....somewhere :monkey3

Yup, spandex is hawt, but change is good from time to time, I love the indy art style they're starting to pop out, keeps things fresh.

Yup, there should be places where bullets ricochet, but I bet those places are hard to hit :lol

My friend just texted me this! (He works in the sorting facility) Asking me if i wanted to send it back! lol! Hell No *****!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1465_zps0a326135.jpg

Back