Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just love you some SS man. They can do no wrong eh? Even to the point where you back them up on shipping faulty parts as its not their fault? Reality check man. Their label. Their product. Also their income and revenue. It's every single bit of their responsibility as well. I'm sure I'll get the typical your entitled BS. Or some other crap to make me and the other people that recieved a faulty product the bad guy. Your posts are so predictable. You love to suck on that SS ****.

Coming from someone that has a perfect superman btw :wink1:

It was a general observation and blanketed statement pertaining to anything SS QC related. Just search any of the DC threads and complaints from any other members and youll find an excuse from CSI as to why it's acceptable and people shouldn't be complaining

You leave me wondering if you can actually read. :slap

I clearly said it is ultimately Sideshow's responsibility, you even freaking quoted me saying that. What I originally said that you clearly can't grasp, is that Sideshow is not directly putting statues into boxes, the manufacturer in China is. It is clearly in the manufacturer's best interest to put slightly damaged/imperfect statues into boxes and ship them so they don't lose out on the money for producing that piece. The only way for Sideshow to catch these pieces is to open every box that comes to the warehouse. You would have to be an idiot if you think Sideshow, or any other company for that matter would deliberately accept faulty merchandise from their oversees manufacturers and try to pass it off to customers.

Mine should be arriving next month from my reseller. I can't wait. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed for some reason. It's been a long wait

Still no update or idea on mine.

Asked a rep last week about it and he basically said it'll come when it comes. What is truly shocking is that when I thought I was going to have it in hand in a week back in May, I put it on ebay, someone bought it, and even though it's been 3 months now, the guy hasn't opened a case against me for it... even stopped corresponding with me over a month ago. Poor guy. This wait is really stupid.

Asked a rep last week about it and he basically said it'll come when it comes. What is truly shocking is that when I thought I was going to have it in hand in a week back in May, I put it on ebay, someone bought it, and even though it's been 3 months now, the guy hasn't opened a case against me for it... even stopped corresponding with me over a month ago. Poor guy. This wait is really stupid.

After 45 days he can't open a case...well technically he can but there's nothing Ebay will do with it after 45 days.

That and I'm curious because I don't have mine yet

It's a seam. I have one on mine as well. You can only see it if the cloth is moved up on the wrist. Just like the ankles on the Joker PF. If you push his pants above his ankles, you'll see a seam as well. This is pretty common when SSC uses cloth on their statues. Seams and unfinished details on sculpts are all covered up by the cloth costumes.

It's a seam. I have one on mine as well. You can only see it if the cloth is moved up on the wrist. Just like the ankles on the Joker PF. If you push his pants above his ankles, you'll see a seam as well. This is pretty common when SSC uses cloth on their statues. Seams and unfinished details on sculpts are all covered up by the cloth costumes.
So basically, its not a design flaw in sculpt but one in the tailoring, like cloth just didn't stretch down far enough.

After 45 days he can't open a case...well technically he can but there's nothing Ebay will do with it after 45 days.

He can probably go through the credit card company, but that's it

Well it's not like I'm gonna screw the guy. We had good communication for the first month or so. Just surprised he didn't open a case because I would have just as a precaution. Mostly surprised though he hasn't emailed me in over a month.

So basically, its not a design flaw in sculpt but one in the tailoring, like cloth just didn't stretch down far enough.

Probably neither. Costume probably got a bit misaligned and needs a bit of futzing. I would have had no idea the seam was there except it was pulled up past it on my Supe's right hand. Quick adjustment brought it to where it is supposed to be.

This is why SS laughs at some of the complaints. I want you to replace my Superman body because of a crack on the hand...yeah thats not a defect. What are they supposed to send? Tons of people call and complain they are missing parts when they are in a seperate compartment too (Spidey, Harley)...

Maybe his costume really couldn't be adjusted, but it seems to me the reaction was to assume it was a crack, and send it back.

The shipping delay on this is completely whack though. You would think they would have a better idea what has actually left the port on the other side.

lol i just realized i had the Ex on preorder! i totally forgot about that. I have yet to hear anything so i hit delete on my brain. its loco that its taken this long.

It's certainly not a design flaw as far as the sculpt is concerned. However, I can't speak on the tailoring. His sleeve may be short (which would be a flaw) or just may need to be pulled down because it rode up during shipping. Without seeing it in person, it's difficult to say either way.

Right so that probably means I won't be getting my one next month after all. Especially if people are still waiting for there Ex's

Well that sucks :(

A few more weeks and it'll be a full 5 solid months that many haven't received their Superman PF

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

1st time having an issue on the cloth of a PF. Anyone have advice on fixing this? Sideshow does not have any replacement bodies so it's either I return or keep with the flaw and get $40 credit :huh

Superman2.JPG

Superman3.JPG

Personally, I wouldn't be able to accept a flaw that front and centered. I would return it. As for fixes, maybe use a cuticle clipper and see if you can trim it flush? I think it would improve some but still noticeable. Good luck.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to accept a flaw that front and centered. I would return it. As for fixes, maybe use a cuticle clipper and see if you can trim it flush? I think it would improve some but still noticeable. Good luck.

The cleaning kit comes with a tiny pair of scissors..That would work

Back