Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone know what their financial situation will be two years from now? I know what I expect it to be and use that prediction to determine what I preorder, but I can't foresee my wife or I losing a job, sudden unexpected car/house repairs, sudden medical expenses, etc. I would hate to be four payments in on two or three preorders only to have to cancel and lose $300-$400 dollars for no reason other then I let Sideshow manage my money rather the.n myself.

Aside from Sideshow making interest on your money rather then you getting it, the expense that would be incurred should you have to cancel is rediculous.

All this because you are not getting yours first.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone get shipping notices yet? Excited to see in hand pictures!

They've got to be coming soon. I think I'll have mine Tuesday PM as that's when my final flex is scheduled to hit.

As for the flex vs pay in full - I agree with Collectorcol, flex if it fits for you, pay in full if that works instead. No reason to argue over it. We're all dealing with different things in our lives that dictate how we can and can't spend our collecting dollars.

Can anyone know what their financial situation will be two years from now? I know what I expect it to be and use that prediction to determine what I preorder, but I can't foresee my wife or I losing a job, sudden unexpected car/house repairs, sudden medical expenses, etc. I would hate to be four payments in on two or three preorders only to have to cancel and lose $300-$400 dollars for no reason other then I let Sideshow manage my money rather the.n myself.

Aside from Sideshow making interest on your money rather then you getting it, the expense that would be incurred should you have to cancel is rediculous.
I use Flex because I like the option of paying down a statue over 3 payments, and feel better about POing more than one. That money would not be incurring a significant interest in the bank, and SS can use it for down payment on their future projects. If you worry about a $40 NRD being lost, that's a drop in the bucket. You should either be sure you 're gonna keep the statue, or in the cases you list, I'd make an appeal to SS with your case (medical emergency, etc.) as for your NRD being over $400, then you 're in a completely different ballpark from me, and I can see you not wanting to use the Flex pay option.

I use Flex because I like the option of paying down a statue over 3 payments, and feel better about POing more than one. That money would not be incurring a significant interest in the bank, and SS can use it for down payment on their future projects. If you worry about a $40 NRD being lost, that's a drop in the bucket. You should either be sure you 're gonna keep the statue, or in the cases you list, I'd make an appeal to SS with your case (medical emergency, etc.) as for your NRD being over $400, then you 're in a completely different ballpark from me, and I can see you not wanting to use the Flex pay option.

I like the idea of paying down a statue too, I also would like the option to pay for the whole thing upfront. As for the lost of money, its not simply the NRD. If you use flex pay, and cancel, Sideshow keeps your NRD, +$20, plus another $20 per payment. So if you made three payments on a statue and then canceled, you would incur a fee of $120. At least that is my understanding of how the Flex Pay penalty works.

Last time I cancelled a flex order, they only kept the NRD.

I wish they allowed to pay 100% up front, too. As a foreign collector, that would give me the most cost certainty...I have no idea what our dollar will be worth 1 to 2 years down the line.

I like the idea of paying down a statue too, I also would like the option to pay for the whole thing upfront. As for the lost of money, its not simply the NRD. If you use flex pay, and cancel, Sideshow keeps your NRD, +$20, plus another $20 per payment. So if you made three payments on a statue and then canceled, you would incur a fee of $120. At least that is my understanding of how the Flex Pay penalty works.

Check again. They state in the flex pay that you only lose the NRD

Glad there is going to be heat vision options for you people that care. I never planned on displaying mine with it anyway, but it will be nice to have. My biggest wish for this piece was the base. I wanted it to look more like ice/crystal, kind of like green lanterns base maybe.

Glad there is going to be heat vision options for you people that care. I never planned on displaying mine with it anyway, but it will be nice to have. My biggest wish for this piece was the base. I wanted it to look more like ice/crystal, kind of like green lanterns base maybe.

I would have preferred a rooftop base myself as I can't ever recall him standing on top of the Fortress of Solitude looking down in anger. Aside from that I think its an amazing statue and definitely the best put out so far. I am especially pleased that SS added a second eye choice for the ex.

Man, really psyched we get that 3rd option...makes the EX that much better. If anyone cancelled cuz of the spaghetti eyes, they are probably kicking themselves now!!!

I would have preferred a rooftop base myself as I can't ever recall him standing on top of the Fortress of Solitude looking down in anger. Aside from that I think its an amazing statue and definitely the best put out so far. I am especially pleased that SS added a second eye choice for the ex.

Yeah, I thought the same...some kind of Daily Planet themed base. Would have complimented Batman nicely ( I picture the gargoyle as part of the Gotham skyline).

Yeah, I thought the same...some kind of Daily Planet themed base. Would have complimented Batman nicely ( I picture the gargoyle as part of the Gotham skyline).

Exactly what I was thinking. Kind of how the two Jim Lee statues compliment each other.

Last edited:
No, they charge you an extra $20 for every payment that you make. I've unfortunately experienced this personally.

I was wrong in that assumption myself and misread their flex pay penalties. It says the NRD replaces the other penalty, they are not charged together.

flex pay said:
Fee chart
The fee will be $20.00 for cancellations occurring 48 hours after order placement up until the first payment date, $40.00 for cancellations occurring after the first payment and before the second payment date, and $60.00 for cancellations occurring after the second payment and before the third payment date. (The fees are based on a average three payment plan of $199 or more, but fees may increase with number of payments.) If the item’s cost is less then $199, the cancellation fees will be reduced in proportion to the item’s SRP.

Payment plans with Non-refundable Deposits (NRD)
If an item requires a non-refundable deposit combined with a payment plan, then the NRD will take the place of the cancellation fee schedule listed above

Last edited:
Back