Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really liking how it looks. My only complaints are that his red shorts look really awkward since you can see where they just sit over the blue tights. I guess this is inevitable if they do not sculpt the outfit and I prefer the mixed media so this is a sacrifice I am more than willing to take.

Another issue is the way his upperbody looks. It's very strange where it goes from muscule to a more flat area around the stomach. It's like he has the ribs of a skeleton and then a normal human body under it, if that makes sense. I just don't like how they poke out in such a pronounced way. I'm hoping the production one looks smoother.

And finally my biggest complaint is the base, which I feel could be a lot more elaborate. The one we have for Batman is really detailed, huge, and elaborate and going by the concept art for Wonder Woman it is also going to be quite elaborate so I feel that Superman's base needs to be enlarged somehow, maybe with the icicles sitting ontop of an area of the fortress or something. Just kind of strange how they went for a base that takes the least space possible on something that's going to be very tall anyway. I tend to like my statues emphasizing being horizontal rather than vertical so pronounced bases are always a plus.

My only criticism is that the cape looks way too "busy" and doesn't look like a simple piece of fabric hanging from his back. It almost looks like he's wearing a giant robe

Otherwise, dam perfect!

Cape looks awesome. I wish the Batman one looked this good. I am still not convinced on how they have it sitting on Batman's shoulders. I think it looks really awkward.

If there are only 2 statues to own, this will make the cut. The other one is batman PF of course.

So surprised no one has put the old proto up with the new proto.

Old:

8041731090_24b5ed551f_z.jpg

New:

300215_press03-001.jpg

Sooooo happy.......

Can't even begin to imagine this next to Bats the awesomness is too much to take!

Remember though guys this is being made in the same factory Poison Ivy and Rogue were made so expect immense QC issues. I advise not preordering the EX, at least until after i secure my order.

Wow. This piece is really something to be excited about.

And with DCs intention of changing the look up Superman, it's a tribute to the classic style of hero.

Remember though guys this is being made in the same factory Poison Ivy and Rogue were made so expect immense QC issues. I advise not preordering the EX, at least until after i secure my order.

Very True, Monger the Wise:lecture

Haha, I'm waiting for that dude who has that uncle that works in that one factory that makes the bad statues post up his inspections before I pre-order, lol :rotfl

Back