1/6 DC Collectibles-The Dark Knight Returns-Batman by Frank Miller Designer Series Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else pre-order this?

It's shipping earlier than expecting....will be released NEXT WEEK on November 27th!!

I ordered months ago but I'm nervous....wondering if they can match the quality of the sculpt and paint on the final product, and now we'll find out in a few days what the answer is. Hope it's awesome!

I still seem to be the only one peeing my pants to get this thing.

I found some pics of what seem to be the final production piece, and it looks pretty damn good, I think. Obviously, nothing is as good as a prototype, but so far this looks decent enough.

Only area that stands out is the paint on the beat up mouth looks pretty rough, but maybe forgivable considering how beat up he is, after all.

Here's the first official glamour shot from DC back at Toy Fair....notice the subtle shading on the exposed beat up flesh:

Batman Statue unpaid (preordered through amazon america - 2020).jpg

Now here's a similar shot from DC a few days ago....similar, but some subtle differences. The flesh parts look less "weathered" but it still seems pretty good, paintwise:

STL118766.jpg

DC also had a few turnarounds that are supposedly the final production piece:

237577_1367713_1.jpg
237577_1367714_2.jpg
237577_1367715_3.jpg
237577_1367716_4.jpg

Finally, after scouring the web I've only found ONE unboxing, and it was on twitter....no youtube videos yet.

Here you can see the box, and some close ups of what must be the final piece. Like I said, other than the messy mouth, I think this came out pretty great and I can't wait to get mine in hand.

EKZL7enUwAEFhhK.jpg
EKZL7elU8AAdBCu.jpg
EKZL7enUcAEIoJV.jpg
71929128_959766827756323_1461006615044029793_n.jpg

It looks like this piece turned out great! I'm super tempted by it, but I don't know where'd I'd put it...

I should get mine sometime next week....very very excited.

My only concern is that the head looks a bit too big and the body undersized, but I'm hoping that's just warping from camera phones and bad angles. Notice all the official shots where it looked best were low angle shots and not head on/closeups.

Here's some more pics I pilfered from the web to get us excited....of course it's not as perfect as the prototype but it's still really detailed and looks pretty damn good:

ezgif-1-99ac0019f565.jpg
ezgif-1-58ffe59cad30.jpg
ezgif-1-fdd2756015eb.jpg

Notice it's only 8 inches tall....not exactly 1/6 scale is it? But I'm still OK with it...

ezgif-1-2563ddf6d000.jpg
ezgif-1-dcf4218afedd.jpg
ezgif-1-0be7eb2428f2.jpg

It's HERE.

Amazon got it to me here in Japan in a matter of days.

It's HEAVY. I'm so glad nothing broke in transit. It's just a solid chunk of resin or polystone or whatever it's made of.

And...it's beautiful.

I doubt I'll bother taking pics cause none of the pics I've seen online show how good this thing looks. I think the camera lens tends to give it a fish eye look that makes the head look too big and the body too skinny. Well, in hand, the head is NOT too big and the body is NOT too skinny.

This thing looks just like the prototype! The sculpt is all there, the paint is all there...it's incredible.

He doesn't seem like a 1/6 scale at all though....but it's so bulky. I suppose if he wasn't scrunched over like that, he'd be in 1/6 scale, but he's around 8 inches.

Now I don't know where to put it. It looks best at eye level, to appreciate all the details, but I live in earthquake country so I need to keep it low and secure.

Hands down, this is the most accurate 3D representation of Frank's art I've ever seen! I'm overjoyed with how this piece turned out!

EDIT....OK, an attempt at a pic, but remember, phone cameras distort everything!

20191210_201241.jpg
01.jpg

Mine finally shipped from gamestop. Snagged one during black friday deals. Should be here friday. Saw this in person at a local comic shop and it looks awesome.

Just got mine this afternoon and WOW! phenomenal sculpt, excellent comic inspired colors that pop, flawless paint apps and nice weight. It's perfectly executed for a 1:6 scale statue

IMG_1468 copy.jpg

IMG_1469 copy.jpg

IMG_1470 copy.jpg

Yeah, it really is awesome.

One review on amazon complained that it wasn't 12 inches tall.

But it's not supposed to be 12 inches tall; it's allegedly 12 inch scale though. You guys think it's true 1/6 scale? The head and arms seem to be, at least.

I don't need it to be bigger....it's pretty imposing next to my Mezco One:12s anyway. I think it's a good size.

Yeah, it really is awesome.

One review on amazon complained that it wasn't 12 inches tall.

But it's not supposed to be 12 inches tall; it's allegedly 12 inch scale though. You guys think it's true 1/6 scale? The head and arms seem to be, at least.

I don't need it to be bigger....it's pretty imposing next to my Mezco One:12s anyway. I think it's a good size.
Its definitely 1/6 scale. He's sitting/kneeling down which is probably what that review didnt take into consideration. If he were to stand straight up, then he'd be as big as the other Dark knight or Joker statue right behind him(in my pic) which is 12 inches.

I don't know if it's weird to bump a thread from six months ago, but I was just staring at this beast on my shelf and thinking "damn, that is just the most amazing statue I've ever owned."

It's just incredible. I absolutely love the attention to detail.

In fact.....I personally feel it's superior to the Prime 1 Dark Knight statues.

Yeah, I know the first response is "Oh that's just you can't afford them and are jealous." True. I can't afford them and I have nowhere in my room to put a statue the size of a small child. I think they're really amazing though, no question, but they're clearly artistic interpretations of the story and art Frank made.

Not this statue...this IS Frank's art. It's the cover come to glorious three dimensional life.

People were excited 6 months ago when they got it, and now nobody talks about it or seems to give it any regard. I still can't believe I own such an amazing piece, and at an objectively low and fair price no less.

I love this thing and I wonder if more people are still digging it or if it has just been forgotten and tossed to the wayside for newer shinier stuff.

Back