Action Figure DC Collectibles - DC Comics Icons 6 inch Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman looks alright, but I would rather see a Neal Adams version, rather than a generic non comic specific figure. Also, I hope Superman's second head sculpt has a smile.

I think Batman looks great.

Superman, Lantern and Flash are looking pretty solid as well.

Interested in seeing Aquaman and Harley too.. i'm assuming they will be displayed at Toy Fair.

Heres Aquaman

DCC11923.jpg

Finally some decently articulated DC figures in 6".... I can't stand DC Direct type "action" figures :lol

I wonder if the alternate heads will be different representations or just different expressions.

My only complaint, blue Batman, no no.

Will definitely get a Justice League together, and a few others, they should stick to Non 52 designs.

just cannot get excited about 6" figures anymore. DCUC will be the only dc universe i will ever need, the thought of starting to build another just doesn't do it for me. It would take something truly out of the ordinary for me to start over again. Mezco's one:12 line is the only one I'm interested in and only if that remains bat centric.

Finally some decently articulated DC figures in 6".... I can't stand DC Direct type "action" figures :lol

I wonder if the alternate heads will be different representations or just different expressions.

My only complaint, blue Batman, no no.

Will definitely get a Justice League together, and a few others, they should stick to Non 52 designs.

What does your "classic" batman look like? I'd like a blue and grey bats with the yellow emblem. IMO, that's the "classic" look, especially a Neal Adams version. Also, which Batman is this figure based on ? The colors remind me of HUSH and Jim Lee's version, but not the sculpting.

What does your "classic" batman look like? I'd like a blue and grey bats with the yellow emblem. IMO, that's the "classic" look, especially a Neal Adams version. Also, which Batman is this figure based on ? The colors remind me of HUSH and Jim Lee's version, but not the sculpting.

Black and grey with no yellow oval, the blue costume to me was always a misrepresentation of how the light would bounce off the black in the dark in the primary color world of comics, and I never got the yellow oval for a character like Batman, sure, later on Miller would try to cover it up by saying it's a sort of "target" to direct the gunfire away from his head.

As far as comicbook costumes go, I can appreciate all Batman costumes, but the grey and black is the one that best suits him imo.

Besides he contrasts way better with Superman like that.

I don't know, seems like a rather generic sculpt to me, like something you'd find in the inside art by a lesser known penciller, which is why I hope the second head is a different representation.

DCC and DCD piss me off, we get awesome sculpts from representative artists, but they're dumb statues, now we get awesome articulation, and they're ****ing generic (albeit good) sculpts... Sigh.

Black and grey with no yellow oval, the blue costume to me was always a misrepresentation of how the light would bounce off the black in the dark in the primary color world of comics, and I never got the yellow oval for a character like Batman, sure, later on Miller would try to cover it up by saying it's a sort of "target" to direct the gunfire away from his head.

As far as comicbook costumes go, I can appreciate all Batman costumes, but the grey and black is the one that best suits him imo.

Besides he contrasts way better with Superman like that.

I don't know, seems like a rather generic sculpt to me, like something you'd find in the inside art by a lesser known penciller, which is why I hope the second head is a different representation.

DCC and DCD piss me off, we get awesome sculpts from representative artists, but they're dumb statues, now we get awesome articulation, and they're ****ing generic (albeit good) sculpts... Sigh.

Does the Batman come with an extra sculpt? I know Sups does, but didn't know that about bats. DCC is really going all out on this and the BTAS lines, with all the accessories. DCD did a few artist specific figures but not too many. The Alex Ross and Jim Lee were probably the most popular like 10 years ago, and you're right, they didn't have good articulation.

I wonder if they will make another "icon"batman based on a specific book. The Flash and Arrow are based on specific works for some reason. I'm hoping they make a "classic" Joker, although I already have a bunch of them :lol

A classic LOBO is a must, imo!! With two head sculpts, long hair and short spiky hair version from the early 90's. If they do the "new" 52 Lobo...:gah:

Does the Batman come with an extra sculpt? I know Sups does, but didn't know that about bats. DCC is really going all out on this and the BTAS lines, with all the accessories. DCD did a few artist specific figures but not too many. The Alex Ross and Jim Lee were probably the most popular like 10 years ago, and you're right, they didn't have good articulation.

I wonder if they will make another "icon"batman based on a specific book. The Flash and Arrow are based on specific works for some reason. I'm hoping they make a "classic" Joker, although I already have a bunch of them :lol

A classic LOBO is a must, imo!! With two head sculpts, long hair and short spiky hair version from the early 90's. If they do the "new" 52 Lobo...:gah:

Oh it seems he doesn't, I thought all of them did, but only Superman does, which means it's probably just a different expression instead of a different representation, luckily I like his headsculpt.
They're doing a Batman Superman Jae Lee line, which looks gorgeous (if you like his art) but it has dumb articulation :gah:

Yeah, I have the Alex Ross Superman from the Justice storyline, it's by far the best figure of that scale, it's the only figure I can tolerate having virtually no articulation because it's freaking gorgeous, just look at this ****ing piece of art...

sjgmYuK.png

Based Tim Bruckner...

Based
a
s
e
d

Yeah, classic Lobo :rock

I hope they do a Superman TAS line too, that's also one of my favorite Superman (And Lobo) designs...

Don't worry, new 52 Lobo isn't the real Lobo :lol the real Lobo is still around.

Yeah, I saw the Jae Lee figures and the sculpt on the capes look amazing. However, I'm not a fan of the artwork. I prefer the Capullo line and I a have a few of those.

That's an awesome looking superman you got there :rock My favorite superman figures from DCD/DCC are the first appearance Superman with the cloth cape base on Action comic #1 (1938) and the Showcase Superman based on the silver age Superman by Curt Swan. It's funny looking but it looks accurate to the source material.

I don't like the 52 Superman costume, but I would love an Action comic #1 (52) Superman with the t shirt , jeans and cape. I don't get why they haven't made a figure yet? As far as this line goes, I think I'll get the core JL members and a few villains, depending on how they look. I'm not feeling the Lex Luthor, which is a shame...is that the "classic" costume? I remember the purple shirt version, but this version looks 2000's modern. Black Adams looks cool, but not sure about the cape. I think he looks better without a cape.

Yeah, I saw the Jae Lee figures and the sculpt on the capes look amazing. However, I'm not a fan of the artwork. I prefer the Capullo line and I a have a few of those.

That's an awesome looking superman you got there :rock My favorite superman figures from DCD/DCC are the first appearance Superman with the cloth cape base on Action comic #1 (1938) and the Showcase Superman based on the silver age Superman by Curt Swan. It's funny looking but it looks accurate to the source material.

I don't like the 52 Superman costume, but I would love an Action comic #1 (52) Superman with the t shirt , jeans and cape. I don't get why they haven't made a figure yet? As far as this line goes, I think I'll get the core JL members and a few villains, depending on how they look. I'm not feeling the Lex Luthor, which is a shame...is that the "classic" costume? I remember the purple shirt version, but this version looks 2000's modern. Black Adams looks cool, but not sure about the cape. I think he looks better without a cape.

Capullo's line has been perfect so far, and little to no QC issues to my knowledge, I've yet to grab any of them because I'm waiting for them to hit my local stores so I can cherry pic best paint applications.

That 1st appearance Superman is outstanding, yeah, DCD and DCC are always accurate to the source despite the articulation.

I like the new 52 Armor depending on who's drawing it, but I hate the concept of a "nanotech" armor for Supes, I think the newer Romita Jr. costume is a little better.

I knooooow, I LOVE Rags Morales T-shirt and boots look, I sooo hope they make a figure in this line with a lot of articulation, such a fantastic design.

Yeah this is Lex's new 52 Warsuit, I believe it's the 2nd one, the 1st one is a huge insectoid looking armor, which is a cool design, this look is how he appears as a member of the JL.

I hate both Black Adam's and Shazam's new 52 designs:

-Cape on BA
-Hoodie on Shazam
-Weird cow-like chest logo.
-Paneling.
-No pirate boots.

Man Jim Lee sucks :lol

Capullo's line has been perfect so far, and little to no QC issues to my knowledge, I've yet to grab any of them because I'm waiting for them to hit my local stores so I can cherry pic best paint applications.

That 1st appearance Superman is outstanding, yeah, DCD and DCC are always accurate to the source despite the articulation.

I like the new 52 Armor depending on who's drawing it, but I hate the concept of a "nanotech" armor for Supes, I think the newer Romita Jr. costume is a little better.

I knooooow, I LOVE Rags Morales T-shirt and boots look, I sooo hope they make a figure in this line with a lot of articulation, such a fantastic design.

Yeah this is Lex's new 52 Warsuit, I believe it's the 2nd one, the 1st one is a huge insectoid looking armor, which is a cool design, this look is how he appears as a member of the JL.

I hate both Black Adam's and Shazam's new 52 designs:

-Cape on BA
-Hoodie on Shazam
-Weird cow-like chest logo.
-Paneling.
-No pirate boots.

Man Jim Lee sucks :lol

So far I have Capullo Batman, Ridler, Red Hood leader ("joker"), zero year Batman, and Gordon....by far my favorite figure of the line and the best Gordon figure I've seen. The glasses are perfect...they don't look too big or cheap. The articulation is basic, but it looks so good. I saw the Mr.freeze figure recently, and it's nice looking too...almost bought it. Catwoman is the only one I don't like and the upcoming Two Face looks alright, but I like two face with one big eye, and the Capullo version doesn't look like that.

Oh yeah, I saw the "new" 52 Superman costume, and I'm glad that he doesn't have the V cut on the turtle neck, but I don't like the gloves though. DCC made recently that Lex Lutthor with the HUGE suit . Even that thing got a figure before the 52 Action Comic #1 Sups :slap

Oh yeah, I forgot about the pirate boots on Black Adams...I guess I was distracted by the cow logo. Yeah, Jim Lee is not my favorite artist, but I do like his 90's x men designs. I also like his Batman from Hush. DCD made a figure from Hush, but the thighs and legs were too big...the whole body looked weird.

Did you see the Green Lantern from this? The description says pre 52, but something about it doesn't look like "classic"...if that makes sense. Maybe it does to you.

The thing with articulation is, I don't mind limited articulation on a character that's not very dynamic, like Gordon, but Batmen and Superman and such NEED all the articulation they can get.

I initially HATED the Romita Jr. costume, BUT!.... They're not gloves dude :lol they're just like longer sleeves :lol I'm up for a less paneled and cloth version of the suit.

I know, that Rags Morales Supes is long overdue.

I like Jim Lee's style for sure, but I hate his designs, the only one that makes sense to me is Batman's, that one's awesome, the panels work for him.

The inclusion of "chains" with the Icon Superman has me wondering if the alternate expression isn't a "Kryptonite Nevermore"-esque screaming sculpt.

As far as the designer series goes, though. Francis Manapul would be the one that I'd bite for. I love that guy's artwork.

Back