Daybreakers trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ra88

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can it be? A vampire movie that looks good AND has an original premise!?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ayYiMygqlfo&hl=nl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ayYiMygqlfo&hl=nl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Yeah someone on here posted this the other day looks really good! :rock

They're using a cover of Kate Bush song - they've got me already.

Very cool looking world - the presence of Sam Niell and Willem Dafoe can almost make up for the star being Ethan Hawke (ick).

Anyone seen this yet? I saw it last night and loved it! Nice gore, great actors, good premise...it felt like a good old school John Carpenter movie. I can't recommend it enough, with the vampire movies of late that are weak sauce Daybreakers is a nice contrast to what I believe is a played out genre. This movie does a great job of creating a believable vampire world more so than I AM LEGEND.

I saw it..it wasn't quite what I expected..but I still enjoyed it. Very gory...not for the squeamish :lol Interesting concept, I thought...though the ending did not leave me feeling very hopeful for humans.

...Nice gore, great actors, good premise...it felt like a good old school John Carpenter movie. I can't recommend it enough, with the vampire movies of late that are weak sauce Daybreakers is a nice contrast to what I believe is a played out genre...
I saw it today too and I couldn't agree more, I thought the trailer looked cool, but wound up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. As you said, a nice departure from the Vampire genre. Dafoe was awesome as was the rest of the cast and yes the blood and gore was plentiful! I really enjoyed this and highly recommend it! :rock

Saw it last week. I liked the world and the vampire rules were bent but not broken like Twilight. I'm not a fan of Ethan Hawke and his character here was particularly wimpy. I'd almost have preferred if the film centered on Sam Niell's character. DaFoe seemed like he was brought in just to utter one-liners every few minutes, but he was an interesting character.

I thought the trailer promised a much better film, but I did enjoy it for what it was.

I saw it today too and I couldn't agree more, I thought the trailer looked cool, but wound up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. As you said, a nice departure from the Vampire genre. Dafoe was awesome as was the rest of the cast and yes the blood and gore was plentiful! I really enjoyed this and highly recommend it! :rock

Couldn't agree more. :rock

I thought the movie was well shot and had a great premise.
The gore was pretty good too, but apart from Sam Neil and Dafoe the characters were pretty weak. I really did not care for the "hero" at all.

It was a weak movie. Felt more like a weekly TV show.

Saw it last week. I liked the world and the vampire rules were bent but not broken like Twilight. I'm not a fan of Ethan Hawke and his character here was particularly wimpy. I'd almost have preferred if the film centered on Sam Niell's character. DaFoe seemed like he was brought in just to utter one-liners every few minutes, but he was an interesting character.

I thought the trailer promised a much better film, but I did enjoy it for what it was.

This is how I feel about it. Willem Dafoe is always great, but he just seemed to be the rough comedic relief. I thought Sam Neil was awesome and not used to seeing him as anyone but Dr. Grant. I also would've liked it better if the movie was around his character.

Back