Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, need help. I'm debating if I should get this piece... I mean it's darth vader why wouldn't I. With that being said I found a local place near me that is willing to sell it to me for 450. Should I go for it? Or should I wait for another piece to be made? Thanks for your input

If you like it buy it and enjoy it. You can play the "until a better one comes out" game with any piece, that is part of the hobby.

Hey guys, need help. I'm debating if I should get this piece... I mean it's darth vader why wouldn't I. With that being said I found a local place near me that is willing to sell it to me for 450. Should I go for it? Or should I wait for another piece to be made? Thanks for your input

My opinion is to wait for another one. Once I got mine in hand I was overwhelmed with disappointment. To me it only looks good from one angle, and there's the overall cheap feel. But, if you put it at the right angle, stand back it looks good. For 500 bucks or even 450 it should look good from all angels. My two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Whether you like it or not is the main determining factor. And you really need to decide for yourself, because opinions are all over the place on this piece. Price wise it's a good deal, they aren't available for much less at the moment.

My opinion is to wait for another one. Once I got mine in hand I was overwhelmed with disappointment. To me it only looks good from one angle, and there's the overall cheap feel. But, if you put it at the right angle, stand back it looks good. For 500 bucks or even 450 it should look good from all angels. My two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

It's good we all have different opinions. :) I felt completely the opposite with mine. Everything about this piece looks fantastic. The helmet and shoulder armor have the right about of gloss, the quilted body suit is applied perfectly and the double sided cape is beautiful. Not only that, but the light up feature is icing on the cake. This is a fantastic mixed media representation of Vader.

As far as the pose goes, doesn't every statue have that best angle to view it from? I don't position any of my statues except for the best possible angle.

I just got mine today and during my lunch break I was able to quickly, partially set him up with only the very basic elements. I still have to iron out the cape and robe and add the batteries to the belt, but I put him on the base and put in the lightsaber to check that it worked. The base lit up beautifully at first so then I went for the lightsaber......but it wouldn't turn on :monkey4.

Thinking I would have to contact Sideshow, I was bummed. But then I played with it a little more and made sure the connection was solid and twisted the saber around and Psssshhhhh Shhhhroooooooommmmm!! It turned on too. :yess:

I still need to play with it tonight when I get home and finish setting him up, but all seems good now (hopefully) :pray:

Too early for any first impressions as I was rushing like mad to get back to work.

I'm getting really excited for mine. It's slated for October here in Australia.
Speaking of which anyone have tips for ironing out the capeset or is steaming over a kettle the way?

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a chance to take pictures of my hottoys kylo ren and New sideshow darthvader! Love the new vader!
IMG_2668-2.jpg

IMG_9469.jpeg

I'm getting really excited for mine. It's slated for October here in Australia.
Speaking of which anyone have tips for ironing out the capeset or is steaming over a kettle the way?

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used my wife's steamer for the cape and cloak and it worked great.

yeah.. the base is a pain for sure.. its hard to pair him with any other statue then Boba.. :(

And why do they have to make them so freaking tall!? Is the figure or the base more important.

This is the #1 problem I'm having with Sideshow. Its starting to seem like the only way they can make their pieces stand out is by putting them on top of some oddly shaped huge base to elevate them above normal quarter scale figures. But when you start to put these next to others that have giant and weird looking bases people start to ask "why are they alll standing on these ridiculous things?" I wish Sideshow or another company could make mixed media quarter scale Star Wars statues that all had a very simple flat bases like Gentle Giant and Attakus used to have, and put the focus back on the character instead of the ridiculous base, and not have so many of their statues from multiple licenses doing Captain Morgan poses. Thats another thing thats pissing me off :mad:. One posed like that looks cool, when you have 10 all doing a captain morgan pose they look retarded.

/rant.

I have the 89 Batman and Vader but they are in different rooms, seeing them together in that pic is the first time I noticed they are posed the same. Only I don't recall everybody losing their minds about Bats walking down stairs while kinda looking up. Either way I love em both so I am happy with the pose on them.

I have the 89 Batman and Vader but they are in different rooms, seeing them together in that pic is the first time I noticed they are posed the same. Only I don't recall everybody losing their minds about Bats walking down stairs while kinda looking up. Either way I love em both so I am happy with the pose on them.

With Batman '89 its clear he's walking down a staircase, I'm not sure what it is that Vader is standing on. At least Batman isn't staring straight up in the air like Vader, but I don't think either of the poses are completely ideal.

This is the #1 problem I'm having with Sideshow. Its starting to seem like the only way they can make their pieces stand out is by putting them on top of some oddly shaped huge base to elevate them above normal quarter scale figures. But when you start to put these next to others that have giant and weird looking bases people start to ask "why are they alll standing on these ridiculous things?" I wish Sideshow or another company could make mixed media quarter scale Star Wars statues that all had a very simple flat bases like Gentle Giant and Attakus used to have, and put the focus back on the character instead of the ridiculous base, and not have so many of their statues from multiple licenses doing Captain Morgan poses. Thats another thing thats pissing me off :mad:. One posed like that looks cool, when you have 10 all doing a captain morgan pose they look retarded.

/rant.

Totally agree. The new tall bases Sideshow is coming with both in 1/4 and 1/5 are crazy. Attakus had the simple bases and your focus was on the statues. The same with the older SW PF's

Back